A big thanks to Genuine Scooter Company!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lmyers

Re: Thanks again

Post by lmyers »

TVB wrote:
BoneGirl wrote:You guys will have to help me think of a name: Pink Jack isn't catchy at all. There are a lot of you that come up with really clever stuff so that's your challenge!
Is Pinky Tuscadero too obvious? Or too dated?
That's what polianarchy named her Buddy.

What about the Pink Sparrow?
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

Princess
Princess Jack (P-Jack)
Betty Jack
Mighty Ohio Scooter Club

Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Black + Pink = Blink Jack
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Well, to go with the bad-to-the bone image of the Blackjack and to NOT stick the word pink in the name, since many other people will likely do that.

How about Apocalipstick? :) Lipstick is often pink right? :P
Dave R
Dealer

Post by Dave R »

Roose Hurro wrote:I was talking about the "scoot a month" thing Genuine was supposed to be puting out, from what I read earlier in this thread. Or did I misread something? :shock: 8)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually it was suggested by Genuine that we re create a similar "Buddy of the Month" give away our here in Seattle. That's what we are working toward. And yes it would need to be a WA resident and hopefully someone in Seattle!
Ducati Seattle/Genuine Scooters Seattle is now on Facebook at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Genuine-S ... 555?ref=ts
Please become a fan
BoneGirl

The Name Game!

Post by BoneGirl »

All of you have cracked me up as I read the names! Way too funny. Since I'm not one to name my bike, I was looking more for a name for a pink Black Jack more than anything. What name would you market it under?

Either way, my favorite is Apocalipstick! Any of you that know me can tell you I don't even own a tube of lipstick so it made it that much funnier to me. But the name is freakin' awesome. Thanks, Kaos! Ben (Lagerhead) couldn't wait to get home and tell me.

So the polls are closed and the votes are in for pink vs black: Women unanimously vote I make the Black Jack pink and men all say to keep it black. How'd I predict THAT outcome?! If there weren't so many people around here that recognize me as the pink scooter chick at all the events, I might consider leaving it black (that and the fact I have too many pink accessories!). But it really has been fun riding a pink scooter. It gives Harley guys an excuse to sit on my scooter (they say it's just for fun but I know they WANT one!).

P.S. My original emails from Genuine actually said my award was for "Buddy of the Year" and not month; that's why it was my understanding a new scooter may not be standard issue down the road. Hope that doesn't come off as sounding conceited or anything because it sure isn't meant that way.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

you know as far as the pink jack plans, I have always been a proponant of a ladyjack. I would love all the red parts (piping, wheels) of the black jack to be hot pink, but keep the rest of it black.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

All guys say keep it black?! It's your bike - make it pink if you want to! I think you've got a perfect opportunity to mix and match black and pink (one of the coolest color combos). Rock it your way!
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
michelle_7728

A big thanks to Genuine Scooter company!

Post by michelle_7728 »

Congrats Bonegirl! Way to go! I hope you have at least 40,000 miles ahead of you on the new Blackjack. Couple of questions and comments:

1. Did you get a top case too? Are they keeping your old one? (not meaning to say getting a Blackjack wasn't enough, as it was awesome, but I saw all your pix and didn't see a top case).

2. Was that your husband in the picture with the 5 Buddys and the same guy sitting on all of them? That was a really cool picture!

3. It looks like the headlight of the Blackjack is bigger than the headlight of your old Buddy. Have you noticed any other body style differences?

4. How many miles do you have on your new one now?

I'm with the other ladies regarding painting your Blackjack a different color, but not for the same reason: To me it's the conspicuity thing. I have a black Buddy and an orange one and of course I love riding either of them, but I always feel like people can see me better on the orange one (or pink in your case!).

PLEASE share pix! I understand one other person has a pink Blackjack, but I havent' seen one yet, so please do share!

You GO girl! :D
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
Roose Hurro

Post by Roose Hurro »

Cheshire wrote:Roose Hurro: the Dave R's seattle comment that you quoted is separate and seems to be just for his area through one dealer. The Buddy-a-month is separate from that.

Alix B's in Richmond, VA last I checked. Thank goodness she posts to her blog every blue moon. ;)
Ahhh, okay... seems I did misread. Me bad! Still, congrats, Bonegirl... just the Buddy I've been looking at. Though presently I confess to drooling over a SYM Symba... :mrgreen: (Sorry, could find a "drool" smiley!)

In my case, however, I'd paint that BlackJack olive drab, not pink. :nerd:

Dave R wrote:
Roose Hurro wrote:I was talking about the "scoot a month" thing Genuine was supposed to be puting out, from what I read earlier in this thread. Or did I misread something? :shock: 8)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually it was suggested by Genuine that we re create a similar "Buddy of the Month" give away our here in Seattle. That's what we are working toward. And yes it would need to be a WA resident and hopefully someone in Seattle!
Sounds like something all the Genuine dealers should try out, Dave... scooterists need all the "love" they can get, no matter where they live.

BoneGirl

Thanks, Michelle!

Post by BoneGirl »

Hi, Michelle! I answered your questions in red below. Hope this helps.
michelle_7728 wrote:Congrats Bonegirl! Way to go! I hope you have at least 40,000 miles ahead of you on the new Blackjack. Couple of questions and comments:

1. Did you get a top case too? Are they keeping your old one?

I am sorry to say the Genuine topcases I have had were not made well. The only reason I bought them was because they matched my bike. I had recently purchased a Shad topcase and you can buy top panels to match your bike or paint to match. My husband has been painting that piece pink.

2. Was that your husband in the picture with the 5 Buddys and the same guy sitting on all of them? That was a really cool picture!

My husband took the picture of Seth on the bikes. Seth works in the local scooter shop, Metro Scooter.

3. It looks like the headlight of the Blackjack is bigger than the headlight of your old Buddy. Have you noticed any other body style differences?

The 2006 Buddy came with a smaller headlamp, no 12v and a smaller tail light.

4. How many miles do you have on your new one now?

I have 200 miles on the Black Jack now. I need 500 to break in the engine and let 'er rip!

PLEASE share pix! I understand one other person has a pink Blackjack, but I havent' seen one yet, so please do share!

I never see any Black Jacks in town much less a pink one! Check out my Flickr page any time to see pictures. I think it's gonna' be a while before the snow stops!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78266126@N00/

:D
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Well I'll throw "The Pinkster" into the naming ring. Unless of course someone else already entered it, in which case I'll second...

Of course, "Pinko Jacktastic" could be a fine entry too... :)

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
laxer

Post by laxer »

For some reason I'm getting a 'Roaring Twenties' vibe for this new Ladyjack: The Black Broad, Gangster Doll, Pink Flapper, Coco Chanel (Pinky Chanel?).
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

CONGRATULATIONS. Bonegirl, you're impressive! And deserving!

I love your retort to motorcyclists about getting a "real bike"
"When I need to go more than 70mph or this one breaks in half"

I like apocalipstik the best. If I had a pink bike, or one that was pink at heart, I would name it Zinone. (Zen-ohn-e) After the Pink Ladies in Grease 2. LOL.
BoneGirl

Pinkster!

Post by BoneGirl »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:Well I'll throw "The Pinkster" into the naming ring.
Well this is my favorite yet! PINKSTER! Probably because it is the simplest and not too femmy!

I love Apocalypstick the best for its cleverness, though. But too girly.

But PINKSTER is basic, not too flowery and gets to the point. This may be the winner.
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Pinkster!

Post by ericalm »

BoneGirl wrote:
Well this is my favorite yet! PINKSTER! Probably because it is the simplest and not too femmy!

But PINKSTER is basic, not too flowery and gets to the point. This may be the winner.
Nice one, Skootz!

Apocalypstick would be an awesome roller derby name.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
pimaCanyon

Post by pimaCanyon »

How about this name: Pink Stink ?

:roll:
hungcanuck

Post by hungcanuck »

Kaos wrote:Heh, I was talking to my wife about this subject and my three year old piped up that it should be named "Pinky Fingerman". He wouldn't listen when I said it was a scooter, not a finger. So thats my suggestion ;)
Two votes for Pinky Fingerman!

PS

And I thought I was cool for hitting 15k on my Blur.
Skootz Kabootz

Re: Pinkster!

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

BoneGirl wrote:

Hooray! Glad you like it. :)

polianarchy

Re: Thanks again

Post by polianarchy »

Apocalipstick is the name of one of the books in my favorite comic book series, The Invisibles by Grant Morrison. :nerd:
ModBud #442
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Bonegirl actually did receive Buddy of the Year honors from Genuine!

Check it out: http://www.genuinescooters.com/feat/bud ... _year.html
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Gongrats! That is fantastic!
donkin

Post by donkin »

Belated Congrats Angie! Just saw the thread and wanted to say it was well deserved.

- Don
Last edited by donkin on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member 2166
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Bob
coopdway

Post by coopdway »

Congrats Bonegirl, well deserved!!
SingAwJib

Post by SingAwJib »

Very cool indeed!

I like to see Pink Skull prominently displayed.

'BlackBoneJack'
BoneGirl

New Graphics

Post by BoneGirl »

I know I've said before I'm not fond of putting stickers on my scooter so I've had some artwork done the last week or so. First, I found an amazing guy in the area, Frank Hazen, who does custom artwork (www.airbrushfrankhazen.com). I was referred to him by a buddy of mine and was blown away by his King Tut and Bengal Tiger Motorcycle paint jobs. So I went to see him a couple weeks ago and told him I wanted a girly skeleton blowing bubbles and a few bubbles as radiation symbols. I gave him artistic license to do his this. The front panel had the cutouts for the front rack and he graciously filled them in and painted over them. He couldn't match the Buddy paint so he ended up making some "flames" as he worked up the panel. I love it and think it is awesome! The radiation symbols are glittery. Then he clear coated the entire thing.

The next thing I did was have "Bonegirl" painted on the rear panels on both sides. Dennis does free hand pin-striping and detail work down at Deal's Gap and since he painted my last Buddy, I wanted him to do it again on the new Buddy. He decided to add the magenta back shadowing to the black and it looks great in person. The heart was his idea so I let it slide. :wink:

And now I am headed out to actually put a couple stickers on The Pinkster. Since Killboy.com has highlighted me so many times (and now made me one of his "Friends") I figure the least I can do is add one of his stickers to my bike. And since I am crazy about Tail of the Dragon, a couple small stickers will also go on there until I decide to have these things painted on my scooter as well.

jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

wow, that is a truely awesome paint job. Love the artwork, it's very unique :)

I've been thinking about what I'd like to do with mine but I just havn't thought of anything that I'm ready to commit the time and moeny to.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
BoneGirl

Thanks!

Post by BoneGirl »

Thanks, Jason! It's kind of like a tattoo...permanent! So it took some thinking.
jasondavis48108

Re: Thanks!

Post by jasondavis48108 »

BoneGirl wrote:Thanks, Jason! It's kind of like a tattoo...permanent! So it took some thinking.
whats funny is I have tons of tattoos (over 50 hours worth) and I don't particularly care what my arists decide to do as long as its not disgusting or pastel ( no offense to your awesome pinkness) but the scooter is for some reson different even though I know it could be repainted much more easily than I could :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
mattgordon

Re: New Graphics

Post by mattgordon »

BoneGirl wrote:I know I've said before I'm not fond of putting stickers on my scooter so I've had some artwork done the last week or so. First, I found an amazing guy in the area, Frank Hazen, who does custom artwork (www.airbrushfrankhazen.com). I was referred to him by a buddy of mine and was blown away by his King Tut and Bengal Tiger Motorcycle paint jobs. So I went to see him a couple weeks ago and told him I wanted a girly skeleton blowing bubbles and a few bubbles as radiation symbols. I gave him artistic license to do his this. The front panel had the cutouts for the front rack and he graciously filled them in and painted over them. He couldn't match the Buddy paint so he ended up making some "flames" as he worked up the panel. I love it and think it is awesome! The radiation symbols are glittery. Then he clear coated the entire thing.

The next thing I did was have "Bonegirl" painted on the rear panels on both sides. Dennis does free hand pin-striping and detail work down at Deal's Gap and since he painted my last Buddy, I wanted him to do it again on the new Buddy. He decided to add the magenta back shadowing to the black and it looks great in person. The heart was his idea so I let it slide. :wink:

And now I am headed out to actually put a couple stickers on The Pinkster. Since Killboy.com has highlighted me so many times (and now made me one of his "Friends") I figure the least I can do is add one of his stickers to my bike. And since I am crazy about Tail of the Dragon, a couple small stickers will also go on there until I decide to have these things painted on my scooter as well.

Was that once a Blackjack?
BoneGirl

Black Jack

Post by BoneGirl »

mattgordon wrote:
Yep! Disgraceful, huh? :wink:
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Amazing. What a transformation! Great paint job and artwork Hard to believe that is/was a Blackjack under all that! Looks absolutely fantastic Bone Girl. And has your character running through and through. Absolute perfection. Long live The Pinkster!

richard

Post by richard »

Angie, that's awesome! Now I know why you and Ben were headed up to Trader's World that day. My wife loves it too. She had said previously that when she gets her own scooter she wants radiation symbols on it (she's an x-ray tech, too). I guess you beat her to it :P Hope to see you around soon so I can check out the new paint job.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

WHOA! That about sums it up. :)
glamourgirrrl

Post by glamourgirrrl »

Absolutely Amazing!!! Coolest Paint Ever!!!
mattgordon

Re: Black Jack

Post by mattgordon »

BoneGirl wrote:
mattgordon wrote:
Yep! Disgraceful, huh? :wink:
:D No....creative and one-of-a-kind
BoneGirl

10,000 and counting

Post by BoneGirl »

Sunday I hit 10,000 on my new Pinkster and I think I've thoroughly broken it in! :wink: Started riding it around February 1st so looks like I'm off and runnning!
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

w00t

go bonegirl go!

40,000m is just around the corner :helmet:
Syd

Post by Syd »

BoneGirl, you know sooner or later Genuine will stop giving you free bikes.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
BoneGirl

Tee! Hee!

Post by BoneGirl »

Syd wrote:BoneGirl, you know sooner or later Genuine will stop giving you free bikes.
Yeah, but I have a 2-year warranty I need to put to good use! :P