WIN a Pink Buddy

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

WIN a Pink Buddy

Post by ericalm »

This is a promotion for the TV miniseries "The Starter Wife." The Buddies were ridden by, I think, women in wedding dresses. (There was a solicitation for riders on ModernVespa, which the post-er removed after members started asking pointed questions and musing on the nature of spam.) I know that NoHo Scooters provided some of the scoots used in the publicity event here in LA.

Enter here: http://www.luckylookout.com/starterwife

Press item on Genuine site: http://www.genuinescooters.com/promos/starterWife.html
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
codemonkey

Post by codemonkey »

I signed up. I wouldn't mind having a spare pink buddy to cruise around on.
Kristy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
Tbone

Post by Tbone »

I'm debating filling it out but hesitate because:

A. I might win and get stuck with a Pink Buddy!!! To those males who are masculine enough to do so. More power to ya. Plus I want an Italia
B. My wife might enjoy riding with me (2 up) but not on her own
C. Storage is limited at our house
D. Extra spam either via email (not that big of a deal) or printed junk mail. Annoying to me and a waste of paper

I think I still will fill it out but...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Tbone wrote:I'm debating filling it out but hesitate because:

A. I might win and get stuck with a Pink Buddy!!! To those males who are masculine enough to do so. More power to ya. Plus I want an Italia
B. My wife might enjoy riding with me (2 up) but not on her own
C. Storage is limited at our house
D. Extra spam either via email (not that big of a deal) or printed junk mail. Annoying to me and a waste of paper

I think I still will fill it out but...
A. Well, you could always sell it to help fund another scoot if you won.
B. My wife started out hating scooters, then got curious, then started riding with me, and within a year had her own pink Buddy. :) Yay!
C. Can't help you there...
D. You can opt out of all newsletters and other emails. Large companies are pretty honorable about this... But I used my email address with the best spam filtering just in case.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ellen

Post by ellen »

Cool, I entered!

Since when is a casting call spam??? Modern Vespa gets them all the time. I even did a commercial based on a solicitation on a yahoo scooter group. :roll:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

ellen wrote:Cool, I entered!

Since when is a casting call spam??? Modern Vespa gets them all the time. I even did a commercial based on a solicitation on a yahoo scooter group. :roll:
Yeah, I think that any negative mention kind of scared off the publicity person that posted it. They were trying to remain secretive about the promotion, and I kind of busted that by posting that it was for The Starter Wife. Then people started harping on the need to submit a head shot and some of the other details. Granted, the company doing this was kind of clueless about the scoot community, but I thought people were being harsh, especially since a dealer had recommended they post the casting call on the forum.

It may have spillover from the Gilmore Girls backlash. Sheesh!
Tbone

Post by Tbone »

Sacked up, submitted.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

ericalm wrote:
ellen wrote:Cool, I entered!

Yeah, I think that any negative mention kind of scared off the publicity person that posted it. They were trying to remain secretive about the promotion, and I kind of busted that by posting that it was for The Starter Wife. Then people started harping on the need to submit a head shot and some of the other details. Granted, the company doing this was kind of clueless about the scoot community, but I thought people were being harsh, especially since a dealer had recommended they post the casting call on the forum.

It may have spillover from the Gilmore Girls backlash. Sheesh!
what a hilarious thread. It would have been funny to show up near the set in droves and buzz around to torment the producers
ellen

Post by ellen »

ericalm wrote: It may have spillover from the Gilmore Girls backlash. Sheesh!
I think people get a little carried away and think they're going to be the stars and not just extra's. :lol:

Anyway, here's a video and a few pictures from the marketing campaign.
http://www.theregangroup.com/
Roose Hurro

Fingers Crossed...

Post by Roose Hurro »

Even though I'm a guy, I don't care that these Buddies are pink... there's this thing called paint, available in any color I want, in convenient spray cans. If I win the Bud, I'll simply repaint. Have seriously considered doing a military theme, with olive drab and flat black. This would certainly fulfill my scooting needs, quite well, so I wouldn't complain! :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

My cure for the pink would involve paint and graphics. I was thinking satin black, but that's really been done to death. A high gloss white with silver and gold leaf graphics and satin blue pinstripes would work nicely though.
- Bryce
Micah_Prophet

Post by Micah_Prophet »

Paint is a beautiful thing - count me in!

Post by Nelson Ciruelas »

:D
Last edited by Nelson Ciruelas on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tbone

Post by Tbone »

Hey Nelson, I don't remember if it was on this board or Modern Vespa but there was a thread where people talked about the potential hazards some scooter ad/marketing campaigns have (Mainly large size billboard types of ads) that potentially cause harm to the rider and other vehicles/pedestrians.

Just be warned and see if you can get "educated" or at least "trained" scooterists. Meaning those who have passed a Motorcycle Safety Course.

Great idea overall. (Coming from a Business Admin Marketing/Sales major in college)

Did I win? :wink:
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Tbone wrote:Hey Nelson, I don't remember if it was on this board or Modern Vespa but there was a thread where people talked about the potential hazards some scooter ad/marketing campaigns have (Mainly large size billboard types of ads) that potentially cause harm to the rider and other vehicles/pedestrians.

Just be warned and see if you can get "educated" or at least "trained" scooterists. Meaning those who have passed a Motorcycle Safety Course.

Great idea overall. (Coming from a Business Admin Marketing/Sales major in college)

Did I win? :wink:
Here's the thread on this board:

viewtopic.php?t=1622
ModBud #442
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

yes. I think I could use a pink scooter for those days I am feeling impetuous and frivolous. sign me up!
Nelson Ciruelas

Post by Nelson Ciruelas »

:D
Last edited by Nelson Ciruelas on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Nelson, Thanks for taking the interest and initiative to post about this. The scooter community can sometimes be a little zealous and overprotective; glad you haven't been scared off. We're also very open to anything that encourages and promotes the image of scootering.

If you're planning any similar events involving scooters for future campaigns, I hope you'll feel free to ask any questions here or on Modern Vespa... We're an opinionated bunch, but are happy to help when we can.
Micah_Prophet

Post by Micah_Prophet »

Nelson - very cool ad campaign! Large groups of scooters rock - and they certainly do get attention, no banners required. Fun work.

Post by Micah_Prophet »

So - did anybody win one?

Post by Tbone »

If I did, I erased the email! :oops:
"Life Is all about ASS! You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it!"