Buddy 50 main fuse amperage????

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

fiddlefan

Buddy 50 main fuse amperage????

Post by fiddlefan »

Can anyone on here tell me the factory fuse amperage for the Buddy 50? If someone actually has a Buddy 50, can you just check your fuse amperage for me, please.

Thanks!
It's official... I'm a "scootaholic"...even have the custom t-shirt to prove it.
Lil Buddy

Post by Lil Buddy »

Just going off memory, I think its an 8amp. I blew mine one day poking around in the guts and replaced it with a 7amp because it was all I had at the time.

I did buy my 50 used so the previous owner could have also swapped it out for something that he just happend to have at the time.
fiddlefan

Post by fiddlefan »

Lil Buddy wrote:Just going off memory, I think its an 8amp. I blew mine one day poking around in the guts and replaced it with a 7amp because it was all I had at the time.

I did buy my 50 used so the previous owner could have also swapped it out for something that he just happend to have at the time.
Thanks, "Lil Buddy"!

For the life of me, I don't know why PGO/Genuine doesn't include this information in the owner's manual, especially on the wiring diagram therein where it shows the main fuse just off the battery. The wiring diagram gives you the fuse amperage of the cell phone charging port, but not the main fuse...go figure?!?!? I reported in another post that my fuse-blowing problem had been solved, or at least I thought it was fixed, but it has reappeared...VERY FRUSTRATING FOR A SCOOTER W/ONLY 200 MILES!!!
It's official... I'm a "scootaholic"...even have the custom t-shirt to prove it.