Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lou76

Post by lou76 »

got a digit on the far left tonight on the way home from work... 10 thousand in just over 8 months... buying the buddy, selling my car, and getting my motorcycle endorsment over the course of 3 days last september has changed my life in ways that i could not even imagine at the time.... i am especially grateful to keys for turning me on to this site and to the phoenix scarabs... thank god for impetuous decisions....
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

Congrats! That's a good number to see (especially when the scooter's still riding strong). Keys is definitely a good dude and has helped me out with many pieces of great advice. If I ever find my way to AZ I'd love riding with you guys
brat

Post by brat »

Way to go Lou!! That is a lot of riding in a very short period of time!! Please let us all know if and when things start to break on the buddy, cause I am guessing you to be one of the few to put that many miles on one so far.

Susan
louie

Post by louie »

Wow lou that is some ridin you've been doing. how many miles a day is that?...40 what does your maitanace sched look like?...how many tires, oil filters etc have you gone through.

i'm close to 2k, then again you've got 2 months on me :wink: .
Keys

Post by Keys »

Congrats, Isaac! I knew you couldn't be far off after the Skull Valley Rally!! I just turned over 8200 miles, so I'm still chasing you...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
bwilms

Post by bwilms »

Nice. I've had Buddy Lightning since mid-August '06 and I just hit 4K today. If we didn't have such snowy winters here I might be right there with you two :)
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

Got mine around the same time. I noticed you're in Arizona, so that explains part of why you're so far ahead of me.

Broken wrist (3 months) and inclimate weather have kept my miles down, but I am about to top 6K myself.

:D
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner Dottie, a REBEL.
vaderscoot

Post by vaderscoot »

nice job! thats a major milestone ive had mine for a little over 2 months and have 2200 miles on the clock and i just did my first poker run. is was the ride for life cancer run. had a great time it was a little over 100 miles
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

Awesome! I've had my scoot for 3.5 years and I'm only going to roll over 10k on it sometime this week.
- Bryce
lou76

Post by lou76 »

louie wrote:Wow lou that is some ridin you've been doing. how many miles a day is that?...40 what does your maitanace sched look like?...how many tires, oil filters etc have you gone through.

i'm close to 2k, then again you've got 2 months on me :wink: .
dont know about miles a day... my commute is 26 miles roundtrip, but rides with the scarabs, running errands, and the occasional random jaunt into the hills adds up... maintenancewise i have pretty much followed general consensus... replaced the tires @ 6K, replaced the belt and air filter at about 9... brakes are due... as is a massage...
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

Got my Budd in October and blew through 4,000 miles today. Missed riding during the rain and snow this past winter. I ride pretty much all the time now.

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
maryvu

Post by maryvu »

I could hit 10K before the end of the year.

weeks 1 through 6 with Buddy = 870 miles

Weekdays: (60 mi RT Commute * 4) 10 months = 9,600 miles

Weekends: Rides/Rally + a few Scooter camping trips = more MILES!!

2007 Honda Element For Sale, Garage Kept, low milage. (just kidding, keeping the Honda for surfing trips, hauling, etc.)

I could ride year round, but with the few snow flurries we get in Seattle and my tolerance for riding a lot in the dark, I figure 9-10 months of commuting.
whattheheck

Post by whattheheck »

Ha! In just under a year I have just passed the 100 mile marker! Woohoo! I guess i might have to change the oil for the first time before the year is over - sort of depends on the whether. Just not enough time to get on this thing!!!!
Roose Hurro

My Little Secret...

Post by Roose Hurro »

whattheheck wrote:Ha! In just under a year I have just passed the 100 mile marker! Woohoo! I guess i might have to change the oil for the first time before the year is over - sort of depends on the whether. Just not enough time to get on this thing!!!!

Don't feel too bad... I've had my Bianchi Milano for about five years now, and I have yet to reach 200 miles on it. :shhh:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ICEMAN

Post by ICEMAN »

For those with the higher mileage have you noticed any performance change or MPG change as you put the miles on? if so at what mileage did you notice a change if any?
lou76

Post by lou76 »

ICEMAN wrote:For those with the higher mileage have you noticed any performance change or MPG change as you put the miles on? if so at what mileage did you notice a change if any?
performance-wise, she is holding up well... new air filter and belt rejuvenated her a little.... mileage-wise she is pretty consistent...
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

10k?! And here I was stoked to hit 2k last weekend. Awesome, duder! And here's to 100k more. :D
ModBud #442
danix

Post by danix »

Is this the highest mileage Buddy we know of? Just curious.
I'm about to turn 5k.
jperkins

Post by jperkins »

I am at 4K, 10K is damn impressive because I ride the shit out of mine and am not even close to that. I have never heard of anyone else over 7K on one yet.
Keys

Post by Keys »

I just turned over 8900 on my 375 mile ride this weekend. Still have a ways to go to catch you, Isaac!

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

there should be some kind of 10k induction where you receive a patch or something for every 10 thousand miles you put on your scooter. hey maybe genuine/modern buddy could start a new tradition :)
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

Corsair wrote:there should be some kind of 10k induction where you receive a patch or something for every 10 thousand miles you put on your scooter. hey maybe genuine/modern buddy could start a new tradition :)
They better hurry. I figure I'll be over 10K by the end of August (also my Buddy's birthday).
lou76

Post by lou76 »

Corsair wrote:there should be some kind of 10k induction where you receive a patch or something for every 10 thousand miles you put on your scooter. hey maybe genuine/modern buddy could start a new tradition :)
i have a couple of patches of scar tissue that will do....
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

lou76 wrote: i have a couple of patches of scar tissue that will do....
LOL, me too.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Congrats! I ride my scoot a lot—am finally getting rid of my poor neglected car—and in 1.5 years am just at 8K. Wow.

At the very least, take a pic of your odometer and send it to Genuine!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…