4T Stella frame

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

4T Stella frame

Post by ericalm »

Well this is interesting.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
bluefox

Post by bluefox »

ImageImage
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

That's a pretty radical deviation to get the 4T to mount up, but they did a great job preserving the lines and look!

Thanks for the video! Some things look very familiar and others look very alien!

Was that a flux capacitor i spotted in there?
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

So does that mean if you wreck it and the frame's bent, it's possible that you can just replace the bent part instead of "she's toast, sorry dood"? :D
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

From what I understand, the frame of a metal-bodied scooter is never 100% irreparably bent! You and your buddies just bend it back! :)

I'm not sure how that would work. It'd be tough to just bend one half. I'd be more concerned about the tubular inner framing for the engine.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Len

New Stella 4 stroke

Post by Len »

I want to see one up close to really see how they did this. One thing that bothers me is I believe the Gas tank is now only 1.5 gal. I am not sure but that is what I heard. I really hope that they kept at least a 2 gal capacity for gas.

It is one dreamy looking scoot!
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

Len, the original Stella gas tank was only relevant because of the MPG it got. This one gets way more than that, so losing a few points of a gallon is not even an issue. IMHO.
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
Roose Hurro

Post by Roose Hurro »

alienmeatsack wrote:Len, the original Stella gas tank was only relevant because of the MPG it got. This one gets way more than that, so losing a few points of a gallon is not even an issue. IMHO.
It's the principle of the thing... 8)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

LOL! :D

I wonder if they took away from the main or the "reserve" when they dropped the capacity. :D
verdecalavera

Post by verdecalavera »

is it a 125 as the video indicates or is the stella version to be a 150?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

verdecalavera wrote:is it a 125 as the video indicates or is the stella version to be a 150?
It's a 150. I think they have a 125 in the UK.