Integral Bandit

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dwayneed

Integral Bandit

Post by dwayneed »

OK I gotta get one of these, or one like it. Anyone know where to get a helmet like this?
Attachments
Awesome.
Awesome.
integralnew__p1.jpg (5.5 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Check the dumpster behind NASA.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

bigbropgo wrote:Check the dumpster behind NASA.
:rofl: that was funny

Is there anything special about the helmet or do you just like the way it looks?
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I was thinking older LEGO space man helmets. Definitely form over function, lol.

It looks like you're going to have to get it imported from Europe.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I was going to say "in 1968?" or "at the Disney Store?"

Choose a helmet because it fits well and offers the protection you deserve/expect. If it looks neat, then that's a bonus.

Sadly, it seems like "cool-looking" is inversely proportional to "safe and well-made," but it's getting better lately, there are finally some decent-looking full-faces out there.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

That helmet shape looks decades old!

For a cool but thoroughly modern FF with center stripe, I love the AGV S4. Too bad it doesn't fit my damn head.

Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

BTW, Bell has reissued their old-school "500" 3/4-face helmets. I'm a total fullface nerd, and I normally don't review anything but Snells for 2strokebuzz (and certainly wear nothing left) but they asked me to test one and I thought they were too pretty to say no. I should have it soon. I don't think I'd wear it in anything but parades and photo shoots though.

Bb
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
dwayneed

Post by dwayneed »

I found what looks like the US distributor for the helmets.

www.alienhelmets.com

Looks like they are not DOT approved.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

You can add center stripes to any helmet. I used reflective striping to do it to serve a dual purpose. You can get a pretty large assortment of colors to choose from as well. I'm a huge fan of customization! I think I've added a reflective center stripe to every helmet I have.

I'll actually be adding another center stripe soon to my next new helmet, a 3.3lb FF with some pretty sweet features. As much as I love Legos (and I truly do), I'll take function over form any day!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

That helmet in the original post looks like a driving helmet, not a MC helmet.

These are made by Pyrotect.
dwayneed

Post by dwayneed »

KRUSTYburger wrote:That helmet in the original post looks like a driving helmet, not a MC helmet.

These are made by Pyrotect.
The helmet is described at the Bandit site as follows:

For Drivers of so called YOUNGTIMERS, the Motorcycles of the 70´s, when the first 4-Cylinders and dangerous 3-Cylinder 2-Strokers gave Motorcycles a new Image of Rockets on two wheels, we have the right Helmet now:
Bandit INTEGRAL, limited edition of a typical 70´s Helmet. Details like push-button Visor lock and racing stripe for the authentic Outfit.
jasondavis48108

I currently have an open face helmet that I added stripes to. Its pretty easy and then you can garentee that no one else has a helmet exactly like yours. I have a full face as well but don't much care for it. Bought it cheap from motorcyclesuperstore. I've been looking for a good modular but I think I'm gonna have to try some on before I buy again.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
TVB

Post by TVB »

illnoise wrote:BTW, Bell has reissued their old-school "500" 3/4-face helmets. I'm a total fullface nerd, and I normally don't review anything but Snells for 2strokebuzz (and certainly wear nothing left) but they asked me to test one and I thought they were too pretty to say no. I should have it soon. I don't think I'd wear it in anything but parades and photo shoots though.
I was thinking maybe Halloween.
:shock:
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

dwayneed wrote:I found what looks like the US distributor for the helmets.

www.alienhelmets.com

They specifically say that they are NOT DOT approved. May as well wear a colander on your head. :roll:
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

bluebuddygirl wrote: They specifically say that they are NOT DOT approved. May as well wear a colander on your head. :roll:
That's been done. Supposedly, it's rubbish in the rain. Highly entertaining, though.
TVB

Post by TVB »

bigbropgo wrote:Check the dumpster behind NASA.
That would rock.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

That photo rocks.

It would be interesting to see if there are any independent tests done on the OP helmet. I still wish I could get my hands on a roof boxer V8. They are not DOT or snell approved either. A report I found had testing done and the helmets met or exceeded requirements. But the company felt no need to submit to the testing. Roof is a French company. :wink:
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

bluebuddygirl wrote: They specifically say that they are NOT DOT approved. May as well wear a colander on your head. :roll:
or

dwayneed

Post by dwayneed »

bluebuddygirl wrote:
dwayneed wrote:I found what looks like the US distributor for the helmets.

www.alienhelmets.com

They specifically say that they are NOT DOT approved. :roll:
While you echoed my exact words in your post, we both did not mention that the helmet is ECE 22-05 approved. I have heard other riders give this and that reason for standing behind the many different rating systems so I did a little searching and found this great article that may be worth sharing. Not trying to promote the goofy helmet I like, but just challenging blind faith. :wink:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/gearb ... index.html
malakai

Love THIS helmet!

Post by malakai »

Cute!
rayk

Motorcyclist helmet review article

Post by rayk »

I read the article in dwayneed's post. I found it very interesting and informative. Long but worth the time. Cleared up many areas of helmet design and certifications that I'd always wondered about.
Thanks for the link.
MB #2932
Ride safe.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Nerd alert! I chose my summer helmet on the basis it looks kinda like an astronaut's. I searched for "bubble shields" on eBay, added one to a white 3/4 Vega helmet, slapped on an old Man or Astro-Man? sticker on the side, et voila:

ModBud #442
jasondavis48108

polianarchy wrote:Nerd alert! I chose my summer helmet on the basis it looks kinda like an astronaut's. I searched for "bubble shields" on eBay, added one to a white 3/4 Vega helmet, slapped on an old Man or Astro-Man? sticker on the side, et voila:

that is awesome! I have a vega helmet too, I've not seen anyone else with one around here. Its black and I added red pinstripes to match my rediculous kevlar jacket :)
sunshinen

Post by sunshinen »

Quo Vadimus wrote:
or

One of Top Gear's best episodes!
Scooter Commuter
dwayneed

Post by dwayneed »

polianarchy wrote:Nerd alert! I chose my summer helmet on the basis it looks kinda like an astronaut's. I searched for "bubble shields" on eBay, added one to a white 3/4 Vega helmet, slapped on an old Man or Astro-Man? sticker on the side, et voila:

Man or Astro Man rocks!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The scooter cosplay helmet mod I'm tool old to even contemplate… :)

Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
chuck_theobald

Post by chuck_theobald »

ericalm wrote:The scooter cosplay helmet mod I'm tool old to even contemplate… :)

Oh, come on, Eric! I can just see it! Never too old for that kind of fun! If I had more time, I'd Photoshop your avatar just to show that you could pull it off.
:P

On another note, the above-mentioned article is inaccurate in this quote:

"The consistency of the human brain is like warm Jello. It's so gooey that when pathologists remove a brain from a cadaver, they have to use a kind of cheesecloth hammock to hold it together as it comes out of the skull."

Not so! The brain is actually quite firm in its un-decomposed form, like "firm tofu" according to wikipedia. A college-level A&P course is enough to demonstrate this.

That said, the article is pretty thorough. I think the warm jello comment is meant to point out that the brain is pretty delicate, all things considered.
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

I recently came across one members post at MV showing his new Scorpion HiViz gear.I'm really considering getting the same helmet and jacket as I think it looks awesome and is very visible.Would match the black buddy's quite well huh.What do you think?
Attachments
EXO-900 (Transformer) Helmet, and the Holeshot Jacket.
EXO-900 (Transformer) Helmet, and the Holeshot Jacket.
hi_viz_800_pixels_688.jpg (30.66 KiB) Viewed 858 times
Aerosmith, None Other.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Nice article. Worth the time it takes to read it.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com