(Lack of) passenger footpegs...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MrNatural

(Lack of) passenger footpegs...

Post by MrNatural »

I went for my first ride with a passenger this wkend. She said it was somewhat difficult to keep her feet on the footrests. She thought they weren't wide enough and the presence of traditional pegs would have been much better to put her feet on.

Anyone else’s passenger have this observation?
germ

Post by germ »

My girlfriend said that her feet slipped a little bit but that she felt comfortable. I would prefer kick out feet rests. It makes me feel a little uncomfortable knowing that her feet can slip. At first glance I tho0ught they were metal which was cool but they are actually plastic i think. I bet you could probably use the screws for those feet rests and mount your own kick out rests.
Sailn

Post by Sailn »

Just took a look at mine, and it seems like they might be a bit slippery.

I haven't had anyone on the back yet, but if I do, I will have to do something about the foot rests.

An idea that comes to mind is to remove the foot rest (2 bolts on each), rought up the surface, coat with epxoy and dip into some silver colored sand (or some sand blasting shot), then just reattach.

If I do it, I'll post some pic.
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

I've riden on the back of my Buddy and I agree, it is awkward. Kick out foot pegs would be much better. I don't really like riding on the back, nor do I enjoy having a passenger so I don't think it is much of an issue for me. In a pinch, it works okay, but I wouldn't want to have to ride for too long in that position.
Laura
angieyou3

Post by angieyou3 »

I carry a passenger almost all the time and they constantly complain about the footrests and how uncomfortable they are. I haven't looked into anything new yet, but would love to know if there is something else out there that would fit in the way of a kick out foot rest.
germ

Post by germ »

I think that anything is possible if you are creative and have some enginuity. I doubt there will be anything from genuine. You'll have to search out foot pegs and see what you can get to work. Or wait for someone on this site to do it and tell you.
sparty

Post by sparty »

I would be so nice to have folding foot pegs, but I don't think too many (any?) scooters have them. I agree that it would be nice if they are metal instead of plastic.
ellen

Post by ellen »

You all might want to check around some of the Vino 125 groups.
They also lack passenger foot pegs and if I remember correctly, a few people have fabricated their own.
Sailn

Post by Sailn »

Funny thing is, one of the things I loked about the buddy was the lack of foot pegs. If you ball up a buddy, at least you wont have a foot peg sticking in your chest.
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

at least you wont have a foot peg sticking in your chest.
Okay, that's a visual I didn't need! :bleh:
Laura
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

It doesn't seem like it should be hard to create some pegs that are identical to the stock ones only a few inches wider...

I mean, that's a little fab work, but not an insane amount.

I'll look in to having something like that done.
Huh? What just happened?
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

Yeah, if it bowed out about 2 more inches I think it would make all the diff in the world! It certainly wouldn't get in the way of anything.

Keep up posted if anyone fabs something.