Stella 4T and 55 MPH roads?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bigcanoe

Stella 4T and 55 MPH roads?

Post by bigcanoe »

Do you think the 4T will be able to run safely and comfortably at 55 on a two lane road?
lmyers

Post by lmyers »

That has more to do with the rider than the machine.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Honestly… Don't know yet. My guess is that a stock 4T Stella may not be the best for that kind of road. Its specs say top speed is 60. The specs for the 2T state 60+, but that's about 55 or so in real world riding. If you need to maintain 55+ on hills, then no. Then again, a stock Buddy 150 may have trouble keeping that kind of speed on a hill.

I think we'll just have to wait for the reviews to come in.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

why not i have ridden stock 50cc scoots on 55 mph roads

but we do ahve to wait and see how fast the 4 stroke realy is and a lot will depend upon the ridder
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
jbougere

Post by jbougere »

Ahhhh, jeez.... After taking my Buddy 125 down US-1, US 301 and a couple others, I would not feel comfortable doing that. I was fine on the flats and downhillls, but as soon as I started climbing, my speed would drop like Mr. T in Rocky III.

On roads marked at 55mph, cars are pushing 65-70 easily most of the time. If you decelerate to 50, you're now going up to 20 mph less than traffic. Scarytown for real if the road is curvy.
bosco
Dealer

Post by bosco »

yes.
I have done it for the last week or so and it is not a problem.

The bike will get more "legs" once it gets broken in past a few hundred miles but so far it will keep up on 55 no problem.