ok so it's down to this

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sins tailor

ok so it's down to this

Post by sins tailor »

the best two scooters i can find for the money are the buddy or the tng milano...........now the tng is about 600 bucks cheaper and has 13 inch wheels...........it looks like a great deal..........so why should i pay an extra 600 for lesser power scooter ????

dealers and quality seem to be about the same..........
sins tailor

Post by sins tailor »

with dealership and quality about equal..........and price for the tng less................does anyone have any thing to say about maybe top speed or mileage ???

right now i'm leaning toward the tng...............
gmon

Post by gmon »

I hear that TNG is hard to get parts from and do not offer very good support for their dealerships.
just admit it , its fun
xkennx

Re: ok so it's down to this

Post by xkennx »

sins tailor wrote:the best two scooters i can find for the money are the buddy or the tng milano...........now the tng is about 600 bucks cheaper and has 13 inch wheels...........it looks like a great deal..........so why should i pay an extra 600 for lesser power scooter ????

dealers and quality seem to be about the same..........
If you decide to go with the TNG you might want to wait till next month when Scwhinn's 150cc scooters hit the market. (Schwinn Graduate is the same as the Milano) but shoudl be another $100-$150 cheaper. Plus the Schwinn rep said that they have been stock piling parts here in the US to out do TNG

http://www.schwinnscooters.com/scooters/graduate150.php

Personally I like the buddy myself cause I can touch the ground.
06 Gen Scooters Buddy 125 (sold)
05 Gen Scooters Stella w/sidecar (sold)
05 Vespa ET8
80 Vespa P200 w/ Polini 208
80 Vespa P200 w/ Malossi 210
74 Vespa Sprint 125
74 Vespa Primaveria 125 (broke)
56 Labretta LD 125 (sold)
germ

Post by germ »

I test drove the Schwinn 50cc models and they are cheap crap. And there is not a single decent review anywhere for any of their 3 models. And Schwinn isn't even the Scwinn the we grew up knowing. They have been bought out and are a diferent company all together. In fact there is a law suit against Schwinn for these scooters because they are from the same overseas manufacturer as the Milano( i think that was the brand) I am not familiar with the Milano except that it is the same scooter as the scwhinns. If the Milano is the exact same scooter with a scwhinn logo thenit too must be a piece of crap. My Buddy 50cc is getting into the 40s easily and the body is sturdy hard plastic unlike most plastic scooters. I paid $2300. I would not buy any other scooter under $2000. Test drove them all and they suck.
paige

Post by paige »

My dealer got out of the T"N"G's entirely when he got the Buddy. Said they were crap and too much work to fix.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

paige wrote:My dealer got out of the T"N"G's entirely when he got the Buddy. Said they were crap and too much work to fix.
Hi piage, I'm don't know if we're talking about the same dealer, but I've also heard that story from a former TN'G dealer. The old saw about getting what you pay for definitely applies here.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

my co worker has a TNG and has been waiting one month for a simple part for her 1 year old scooter. one month w/o a scooter in the summer? Blasphemy!
Keys

Post by Keys »

I have a friend who is a dealer for both TNG (although he's backing out of that situation) and Genuine. He says he's sold 9 Buddys this month and none have come back for ANY warranty work. He says if he had sold 9 TNGs, seven of them would have been back already. He's bailing out of TNGs.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
Shellee

Post by Shellee »

My local dealer dropped TNG last year. They said they couldn't even get TNG to respond to their calls. Parts were backordered and never sent. They were disgusted with them and went with TGB instead.

I checked out the Schwinn line last spring. Believe me, the quality is cheap and there are reports of all sorts of problems with them. I hope you'll think about spending a little more and getting an all-around better quality product.
~ Shellee
Genuine Buddy 170
www.scooterdiva.com