New Buddy 125 Turn Signal/Light Question

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

NoogaScooter

New Buddy 125 Turn Signal/Light Question

Post by NoogaScooter »

Just got a Buddy 125 on Saturday...too much fun. Found this forum and looks interesting.

One question, my turn signals in the cowling (not on the handlebars) are not functioning. Upon further review, I see the plugs but can't see where they were to be plugged into. Guess the dealer forgot.

Also, there's one large phillips screw on the front of the scooter. If I take that out, should the whole front piece come off...and maybe that's where I can find where to plug the turn signals into?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm planning on calling the local dealer, but thought you folks would have the answer also.

Thanks,
NoogaScooter
shanew

Post by shanew »

If you do a search on the forum, you'll find a very detailed explanation of how to make these lights work with the turn signals on the handle bars.

The story is that the DOT made Genuine add the signals on the bars because they felt that the lower signals were too low for safety.

I recently did the mod to my Buddy 125 SI and it works like a charm.
SteMer

Re: New Buddy 125 Turn Signal/Light Question

Post by SteMer »

NoogaScooter wrote:...my turn signals in the cowling (not on the handlebars) are not functioning. Upon further review, I see the plugs but can't see where they were to be plugged into. Guess the dealer forgot...
Dealer didn't forget - that's standard. The lower signal lights don't meet DOT standards like shanew said. Here's the discussion on rewiring those signals: topic48.html

All kinds of other tutorials can be found at topic1354.html

Congrats on the scooter! Ride happy!
NoogaScooter

Post by NoogaScooter »

Got it!

Thanks for the assistance. I love forums so I've got this one on the top of my list.

Scoot on,

C'Nooga