Who attended the Motorsports Stellabration?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bluezurich

Who attended the Motorsports Stellabration?

Post by bluezurich »

I know, it's this afternoon but I wanted to get things going and be ready for discussion, hell it's all we have since Genuine hasn't shed any light on their whereabouts.

Pics, info? Anyone?

Thanks!
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

Post by Motorsport Scooters »

I'll be going! :wink:

I'd be happy to post pics from the day. So far, the Stella is under wraps until 4pm today for the grand unveiling.

Here's our T-Shirt we made for the event:

Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
http://www.scooterwest.com/
#1 source for all things Vespa
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone might have as well.
Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Motorsport Scooters wrote:I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone might have as well.
Ok Thanks. Can you verify if they are in port? If so are they out of customs?
Philip McCaleb told me on April 24th that they had already been out of port in India, does it really take a month to get here? And regardless of that why cannot they keep track of their shipment? It's 2010, it's not like waiting for a ship to arrive with tea and silk from the East India Company in 1630.

Genuine doesn't seem to want to address these questions and I'm not the only deposit person asking them. I never assumed we'd get them in April but May I was being hopeful for. June is just disappointing.

Wow I just read what I wrote and it seems as if I'm peeved.
I need a little time in the renovated Motorsports bathroom to get those good vibes back.
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

bluezurich wrote:
Motorsport Scooters wrote:I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone might have as well.
Ok Thanks. Can you verify if they are in port? If so are they out of customs?
Philip McCaleb told me on April 24th that they had already been out of port in India, does it really take a month to get here? And regardless of that why cannot they keep track of their shipment? It's 2010, it's not like waiting for a ship to arrive with tea and silk from the East India Company in 1630.

Genuine doesn't seem to want to address these questions and I'm not the only deposit person asking them. I never assumed we'd get them in April but May I was being hopeful for. June is just disappointing.

Wow I just read what I wrote and it seems as if I'm peeved.
I need a little time in the renovated Motorsports bathroom to get those good vibes back.
Your sentiment represents our own to a T. We'd rather have a firm date regardless of when that date is, than this series of let-downs to our customers. We're hearing mid-June. We have the demo bike here for our Stellabration release party that we planned around the previously estimated arrival date. We even gave a few weeks margin of error. At least we have the demo bike! And we're going to have a great time regardless.
Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Max,
As a former San Diegan you would be my dealer if I was still living there and I appreciate your candor. My dealer in Utah feels the same. I have no idea why, perhaps the party but I thought maybe you might have a juicy tidbit for us. You hit the nail on the head as I just wanted a timeline, a sense of where they are and not so much as asking for the improbable exact date thing. I can figure it out myself if I just knew they were on there way to Genuine to be inspected and dispersed.

Thanks,

BZ
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

Just as a rule of thumb, brand new bikes never come out when they are supposed to. Especially in California. Ever seen a SYM Fiddle 125, or SYM Symba in California? They've been out for almost two years in the rest of the country and we still don't have them.
Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Motorsport Scooters wrote:Just as a rule of thumb, brand new bikes never come out when they are supposed to. Especially in California. Ever seen a SYM Fiddle 125, or SYM Symba in California? They've been out for almost two years in the rest of the country and we still don't have them.
Hey, at least the Stella has already passed CARB!

The SYMs are in bureaucratic limbo.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…