A magical milestone

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Bryce-O-Rama

A magical milestone

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

This happened right as I rolled up to my driveway tonight after a group ride. After splitting off from the group I went directly home without any meandering to get it to roll.

ImageImage
- Bryce
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

Peugeot?

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

Elm Creek Smith wrote:Peugeot?
Yup, a Looxor 150.
- Bryce
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

:D many congrats! hope they were some great times earning those miles
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

All these 10K milestones are making me want to ride even more, just to catch up! :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
louie

Post by louie »

where did you buy the scoot?

it's pretty.
Tbone

Post by Tbone »

ericalm wrote:All these 10K milestones are making me want to ride even more, just to catch up! :)
me too :cry:
"Life Is all about ASS! You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it!"
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

ericalm wrote:All these 10K milestones are making me want to ride even more, just to catch up! :)
I just make up excuses and normally take the long way home. I like to call it bonding time.
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner Dottie, a REBEL.
Elm Creek Smith

I'm over 4400 right now since October 2006. I just looked back and realized that I went through 4000 miles 14 days ago. Hmm. Two hundred miles a week!

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.

"I aim to misbehave."
merlin

Post by merlin »

dosend pugeot have the supercharged scooter? id like to take one of those for a spin.

i broke my 1000mi mark in a month and i plan ot tear up more of the road this weekend
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

merlin wrote:dosend pugeot have the supercharged scooter? id like to take one of those for a spin.
Yes they do, and I too would love to take one out for a spin. It wasn't out when Peugeots were being imported.
- Bryce
Keys

Post by Keys »

I just put my wife's Helix over the 10,000 mile mark, but my Buddy is still only 9000.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
louie

Post by louie »

louie wrote:where did you buy the scoot?

it's pretty.
oh :shock: never mind. i saw another thread that explains more than i asked for. :wink:

it's still pretty. 8)
BoneGirl

1 year old

Post by BoneGirl »

Well, the Pink Buddy is one year old today. :D I broke my foot last year and was off limits a couple months. :( Even with Cincinnati winters, I have over 9,100 miles in 10 months. :clap: I am very proud of every mile...especially knowing I have kept the rubber side down through it all!!!
Elm Creek Smith

Rolled through 5,000 miles today on the ride home. The odometer reads 5007.7 right now. That's since October 2006 and 600 miles since 06/20/07.

I'm a happy campe....scooter.

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.

"I aim to misbehave."
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

Keys wrote:I just put my wife's Helix over the 10,000 mile mark, but my Buddy is still only 9000.
That's pretty amazing, considering the Buddy has only been out a couple of years. You ride more than I do, well at least on any one bike.
- Bryce
ThisDude

Post by ThisDude »

I'll be there pretty soon, I bought my Buddy Italia just 11 days ago with just 6 miles on it, it's getting ready to roll over 1000 just now. Boy those miles just fly by.
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

ThisDude wrote:I'll be there pretty soon, I bought my Buddy Italia just 11 days ago with just 6 miles on it, it's getting ready to roll over 1000 just now. Boy those miles just fly by.
What the H???. Where did you drive to? Vegas? Twice?

I bought mine on Memorial Day weekend. Sometime tomorrow I'll hit 1k mark.

Okay, I say it, "YOU'RE THE DUDE!!"
BoneGirl

10,000 miles and going strong...

Post by BoneGirl »

Well, as you may or may not be able to see on my avatar, I turned over 10,000 last Monday in less than a year. It amazes even me. I think my car may have gotten a few hundred. Awesome!
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

Roll 1K today. My truck has only seen about 400 miles since I got my Buddy.
ThisDude

Post by ThisDude »

I just love to ride, today was my day off work and I saw a sale flyer for a store, only problem is its 80 miles away. The buddy being fast enough gave me a good reason to also take the scenic route so there I was on PCH passing malibu into oxnard. So that meant today I covered about 170 miles so now as I'm looking at my odometer it was just under 1000 this morning and now it's 1174. Isn't it funny that the 0 in the hundred place is red? This almost broke my personal one day record of 180 miles that was done on my Honda Metropolitan. Long rides aren't even a worry for me now because of my GPS I can ride and just go where I please and see all the scenic routes, which happen to be far far away from where I live, and still be able to always know exactly where I am and how to get back home.

I still want to go to San Diego on the Buddy, mapquest says surface streets is 233 miles. I can do that in one day. I'll need a place to stay though, pcbikedude If you're willing to loan me a couch I'd love to ride over there. Now that's a challenge plus there's got to be some cool things to do over there if you'd like to hang out. Up for it?
BoneGirl

Buddys on the move

Post by BoneGirl »

I was lucky to be on a 3-day weekend ride with my husband when I turned the 10K last week.

I wanted to share the pictures because the roads ranged from gravel, paved dirt, asphalt/gravel combo, etc. The Buddy had no problem on any of the terrain. We just wanted to explore the area while there and had no idea what kind of shape the county roads were in. Many of the roads were one-lane and if we had been in a car or truck we would have had a really difficult time turning around, going back for pictures, etc.

Life on the Buddy has changed my perspective of travel unbelievably!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78266126@N ... 754554273/
Keys

Post by Keys »

Looks like a good time, BoneGirl! Glad you guys had such a fab trip! I AM kind of jealous, though...I'd thought I'D be the next one to 10,000. But no, I have just over 9800. Congrats!

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

ThisDude wrote:I still want to go to San Diego on the Buddy, mapquest says surface streets is 233 miles. I can do that in one day. I'll need a place to stay though, pcbikedude If you're willing to loan me a couch I'd love to ride over there. Now that's a challenge plus there's got to be some cool things to do over there if you'd like to hang out. Up for it?
Sorry thisdude, full house. 1-20 something daughter, 1-teenage daughter, 1-middle age woman who still think she is a teenager, 1-new kitten (another story), 3-parakeets, 3 fish, 4 computers (yes, 4 another long story).

I'm still not sure how to get past Camp Pendleton. There are some over at that other "Modern" website that think you can get special dispensation to pass through. I haven't heard if anyone has been successful.

Otherwise you have to go through the Inland Empire.
ThisDude

Post by ThisDude »

Yep you have to go around pendleton that's why it would be 233 miles instead of the 120 it is taking the 5.
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

ThisDude wrote:Yep you have to go around pendleton that's why it would be 233 miles instead of the 120 it is taking the 5.
Would that use old highway 395? That would be a interesting ride.
ThisDude

Post by ThisDude »

Hmm for some reason mapquest doesn't show taking 395. So when I clicked shortest time no highways it gave me taking route 79 at 5 hours 33 minutes 233 miles, when I clicked no highways shortest distance it gave me the 395 at only 4 hours 33 minutes 148 miles. Sometimes mapquest doesn't make sense.
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

Another milestone: 2K and still smilin'. :D :D :D
merlin

Post by merlin »

crossed the 2000 mile mark. took a picture so that i could post it. i got busy with school starting and just havnet got around to it. unfortunately it dosent matter anymore because i crossed the 3k mark tonight.

5 months 3k. im on a roll
nonsense

Post by nonsense »

It's been a big weekend! Friday was the Buddy's 2nd monthiversary. I rolled over 2000 miles on my way to work and performed (for the first time) my own oil change. I also ran an errand with my son in the gas-hog corolla and filled it up for the first time since July 10th. Gotta love the scoot.
-Cultivate Eccentricity