Where's my 4T Stella?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Mark2000 wrote:I'm not conjecturing, eric. I've been calling Genuine. Each time they say its on the boat. That means the bikes have been on the boat a long, long time. As I've said before, when people place orders on something and then have to wait an extra 2-3 months they generally get an explanation or compensation. We haven't gotten either and that's what annoys me. Now I understand you have a bike already. I've never had one in CA. I've been waiting for this thing and not buying another since April. I have a CA learners permit that is also time sensitive. Looking it up it takes a cargo ship 2.5 weeks to cross the Pacific. So somebody is placating us via misinformation.
I do have a scoot. I do not have my Stella yet. I will be buying one of the few that's already in the US, one that was used for shows, reviews and events like the recent Motorsports party. Because it needs to be available for these things, it's possible I won't take possession of it until the full order arrives in the country.

Compensation? Have you already paid for your scooter? Were you promised a delivery date?

I get the frustration. The delays are bad for everyone: buyers, would-be buyers, dealers, Genuine. There's only so much that complaining about it here will accomplish. Expressing frustration and some venting is understandable, but the repetition is becoming tiresome.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Mark2000

Post by Mark2000 »

Well, I'm sorry some of us are mad. I wasn't until the third time there was a delay. Yes, I have put a $500 deposit on the scooter. Yes, I was promised several delivery dates by Genuine themselves. And My biggest payment is trusting Genuine enough to not look into other vehicles in the mean time.
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Eric,
Are there going to be many of the 4T's including yours at Amerivespa?
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

From Genuine a few hours ago on their facebook page---

Genuine Scooters is aware that our dealers and their customers have been patiently waiting for the arrival of the 4 Stroke Stellas. The inbound Stellas are the first 4 Stroke Stellas to be sold...ever. We had to be sure that customers would receive the best quality scooter, and we're confident we hit that
mark. Barring any unforeseen delays, Stellas should be at your local Genuine dealers during the second week of June. We ask that you extend your patience just a little while longer. As the old saying goes, "Good things come to those that wait." The 4 Stroke Stella is definitely a good thing and will be worth the wait.

The new limited edition Blur SS220I will be arriving the same week. Both models are sold out on this initial shipment. There are 10 or so Blurs available and 20 or so Stellas available from the SECOND shipment due at the end of June.

We will also have DOT approved color matched SIDECARS for the Stella arriving end June, sporting all the new shades!

We're not always on time from India and we sincerely apologize for any heartburn this may have caused.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Thanks for posting that ScootStevie, I hope to be BLURing the scenery sometime in June...
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Awesome. Thanks for posting this!

Glad the Blurs are coming in as well, though we're not likely to see them in CA yet. Last I looked, they hadn't gotten their CARB approval. I'll check again.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
bluezurich

brb

Post by bluezurich »

............working on blue smoke taillight mod...........
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

ericalm wrote: [shortend to still relay the "gist", please see the original if in question.] ...
Compensation? sure, why not?
Have you already paid for your scooter? yes, 100% in full. (regretably)
Were you promised a delivery date?y- well actually no, not a date "in numbers" like an "x" on a calendar- I admit that much. but a "month approximation" I was promised, err "told," err ... okay so you win that one :wink:
Expressing frustration and some venting is understandable, but the repetition is becoming tiresome. - that I do fully see the logic behind that and I agree. I, for one, should have probably done more of a "+1" type of thing instead of all my rants and raves. course, if we all did that -it'd be a pretty boring discussion and no where near as engrossing. but basically. you are right. :oops:
Mark2000 wrote:[shortend to still relay the "gist", please see the original if in question.]
Well, I'm sorry some of us are mad. I wasn't until the third time there was a delay...
+1.
ScootStevie wrote:[shortend to still relay the "gist", please see the original if in question.]
From Genuine a few hours ago on their facebook page---
Genuine Scooters is aware that our dealers and their customers have been patiently waiting for the arrival of the 4 Stroke Stellas...
Barring any unforeseen delays, Stellas should be at your local Genuine dealers during the second week of June. We ask that you extend your patience just a little while longer...
We're not always on time from India and we sincerely apologize for any heartburn this may have caused.
This is Exactly what I wanted! :D 8) :clap: and :roll: (that it didn't come sooner)
ericalm wrote:... There's only so much that complaining about it here will accomplish...
true.
..but now my curiosity is peaked...
I wonder if all this complaining *here* didn't promt genuine's facebook response? I admit, a major factor I ever took the time to "voice my concerns" here was because Big Phil mentioned the site by name [in the most recent podcast]and said something about visiting it and I guess I hoped/prayed/clicked my heels that "If we build it, they will come" (okay, mixin' my metaphores, but you get the point) :wink: but on the otherside, I admit I did also "voice my concerns" on several genuine/stella/scooterworks facebook pages as well. the problem for me is that other than bluezurich and I, it seemed like no one else on those interweb locations seemed to "care". certain other sites (stellaspeed) I didn't even try to "voice these concerns" for fear of getting into a huge "4t vs 2t debate" as opposed to an "actual sharing of info" (what I was looking for). so I do apologize for all the (lets face it) "whining" we've been doing here. as I read over all of it- we sound like a nest of baby birds peeping for food when momma bird's only been gone a few minutes, (or at least I do). BUT STILL... one could look at our constant bickering like a compliment! meaning: of all the online forums available (including FACEBOOK!), only this wonderful group of people was the one to actually find like minded scooterists (or scooterists-to-be) and where one could be able to lay out the info they had and complain/share/discuss/chat/whine/hypothize/bicker/joke and cry together about all this.
so "you're welcome?"
nah that doesn't sound right at all, how about "Thanks again for this awesome site!"
:clap: :clap: :clap:
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
despurvoa

Post by despurvoa »

Well, I would imagine that a forum is for expression, even if some regard it as "whining," for whatever their reasons might be. I don't think at anytime any one got abusive, or used really foul language (I certainly didn't).

I think it was right to express concern over the lack of initial communication with dealers and customers by Genuine and I really don't understand how one defends it. Heck! My dealer was frustrated because he couldn't give customers any info and felt obligated to do so.

I don't think it is right to make people feel like they are whining because they aren't provided simple information about their purchases.

Hopefully this will all work out for every one, and we will all soon be enjoying our fine 4T Stellas, but I certainly won't apologize for voicing my initial frustrations on this page, or the several Facebook pages I contacted. I always kept it civil, as should we all! :)
bluezurich

I beg to differ

Post by bluezurich »

I certainly used foul language and was often abusive.

;)

Where's my DAMN Stella Phil McScooter?

lol, I'm pretty chill about it right now because I'm busy putting so many miles on my road bicycle.
despurvoa

Post by despurvoa »

Go! Go! Gadget Road Bike! :D
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Yeah if I wrote road bike you'd all think I was on a Ninja instead of a Tete De Course!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I saw some of the questions posted by various people on various Facebook pages. Some were misdirected but that's understandable; Genuine/Scooterworks is a many-headed beast. So here's something to help direct future questions and comments. This will be added to the FAQ soon as I get around to it.

What's What: Genuine, Scooterworks, Scooterworks USA, Scooterworks Chicago and Scooterworks Direct

As most of us already know, Genuine and Scooterworks companies are related and have the same ownership. The parts are fairly independent, though, and operate as individual units. Think of it as the branches of the US Government. We have one President, but the Executive, Judicial and Legislative are separate entities. If you were to ask a Supreme Court Justice when a House appropriations bill was going to pass or what riders it contained, they would be unlikely to know.

While the parts of the company share some resources, it would probably do no good to try to ask someone at Scooterworks USA when a certain model will be available or someone from Genuine about availability of a part in the online store.

So, for your convenience, a brief guide to the separate divisions.

Genuine Scooters: Genuine is the company behind the scooters. They partner with manufacturers overseas to design, import and distribute various models within the US. They maintain dealer relations, support dealers and back warranties. Anything regarding the import and distribution of scooters, warranties and similar functions and policies is under Genuine's domain.

Scooterworks USA/Scooterworks.com: This is the branch that's most commonly just called "Scooterworks." They are a retailer of parts and accessories for a wide range of scooters.

Scooterworks Chicago: Scooterworks Chicago is a dealer, just like your dealer or any other in the country. They sell new Genuine, SYM, Kymco and Vectrix scooters as well as some fine used models as well.

Scooterworks Direct: For forum members, this is probably the least known division of Genuine/Scooterworks. Scooterworks Direct is a wholesale unit that provides parts and accessories to retail shops and dealers around the country. When you're dealer says they've "ordered a part from Scooterworks," they're talking about Scooterworks Direct.
Lovelandstella

the end is near!

Post by Lovelandstella »

this topic is ALMOST finished!!!
can you believe it? :shock:
I think I'm going to have 12 chickens once these eggs finally hatch!
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
dwayneed

Post by dwayneed »

Just make sure your expectations aren't so high that you will be constantly disappointed if something isn't perfect. These aren't precision machines. :P
JoshWED

Any VINs?

Post by JoshWED »

My dealer still hasn't heard word of VINs? But we are nearly at the 2nd week of June...maybe that boat is doing circles...
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Nah, they're either in Chicago or soon to be there. I'm waiting on word from Genuine on the FB page about the nature of why they didn't go straight to dealers from port since they won't be uncrated, maybe Eric knows about this procedure.Just curious if they are doing anything with them or if just the way they arrange logistics since port to dealer might be difficult.
JoshWED

Post by JoshWED »

their facebook never gets updated: what, 1 time in the last 6 months? so we should be due for another stella-related post in December. yes!
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Those of us loyalists who eagerly await the arrival of the 4T Stella or, dare I suggest, the Genuine Classic Cruiser, should get a special T-shirt or patch... perhaps emblazoned with "Genu-Whiner - we also serve who only stand and wait."