New rubber, belt, and Dr. Pulley weights

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Elm Creek Smith

New rubber, belt, and Dr. Pulley weights

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

Got my new Vee Rubber All Purpose tires, Kevlar belt, and Dr. Pulley 12g weights installed at Tulsa Scooters. The All Purpose tires feel a little rougher than the stock Buddy tires, I assume due to the aggressive tread, but they are sticky! I've already put new scrapes on the center stand's arm! The Dr. Pulley weights have given the Budd a little more top end and more throttle response at higher power settings. The Kevlar belt just does what a belt is supposed to do which is what my 13,000+ miles original belt wasn't doing as well.

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

13k on your stock belt? Did you ride it til it broke or was it still intact at 13k? I ask cuz I'm pushing 11k on mine.
Dibber

Post by Dibber »

I talked to a couple of really great dealers in my area and they told me to not go over 10,000 and consider changing around 8000. I changed mine at 8000 and even though it still was in tolorance, it did show a little fraying at the edges by the seam. For the cost, I will stick with 8000 mile changes to be sure I don't break down somewhere I really don't want to be at the time.
Bart "This is the worst day of my life!" Homer "No it's the worst day so far!"
www.twincitiesrider.com
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

I didn't ask to see the 13,000 mile belt, but it didn't break before I had it changed. I don't recommend running it as long as I did.

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."