Dressed for the Holidays

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dwayneed

Dressed for the Holidays

Post by dwayneed »

Anyone else here take advantage of this promo? I have been waiting for just under 2 months for my package to come in. My dealer says they aren't sure why the items haven't shipped.
I am just curious to see if any other MB members have had this experience.
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

well 6 months ago when i got my stella i ordered some cowel guards a month and a 1/2 later i was told they were out of stock and that black was discontinued and now i find them in stock
so god knows what goes on in the acessory dept
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Dressed for the Holidays

Post by ericalm »

dwayneed wrote:Anyone else here take advantage of this promo? I have been waiting for just under 2 months for my package to come in. My dealer says they aren't sure why the items haven't shipped.
I am just curious to see if any other MB members have had this experience.
Has your dealer tried calling Genuine to ask? The dealer should be the "customer service" front for Genuine. I can't say why the accessories are delayed, but that's the best way to find out.
jmkjr72 wrote:well 6 months ago when i got my stella i ordered some cowel guards a month and a 1/2 later i was told they were out of stock and that black was discontinued and now i find them in stock
so god knows what goes on in the acessory dept
Who did you order from and how were they ordered?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
dwayneed

Post by dwayneed »

I still have no news on this, my dealer doesn't seem to either.

I guess I should ask, has ANYONE in here actually received their promo items? This is beginning to feel like a blunder of a promo.
Medusa Padlock

Post by Medusa Padlock »

I bought the Buddy on the December 30th and my accessories came in on January the 15th. My Genuine dealer is super awesome...I <3 them.

So to answer the question...yes my package came in. as promised.
dwayneed

Post by dwayneed »

Ahh, knowing that, I am going to have to lean on my dealer as having poor customer service...
dwayneed

Post by dwayneed »

Just a quick side note, I am going on 8 months and I still do not have all of my promo items. My final item, the top case, finally came in a couple weeks ago but it was broken.

A word of caution, I am not sure if this is more of a dealer issue or a Genuine issue. If this adds value to your purchase decision I might suggest looking for a better price instead of considering the promo items as an added value. 8 MONTHS!
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Eight months is a long time - especially when the sun is shining and peeps are riding - someone is blowing it!

Our only real delay was the front "fender" which is off the market for now. After a few phone calls and emails, we found out everything was waiting for this part that was not coming so we said kill it and ship the scooter. They swapped it for a very cool Pima scooter cover. We went through an out of state dealer and once the scooter and parts all showed up, (about 8 weeks) we still wanted to switch the chrome parts to black chrome and as we had done business with Scooterworks and already had another order in the works, they let us swap parts - and even paid the shipping of the new parts back to us!

Consider this - they extended the program (under a different name) so they may have "sold" out of a lot of items, I would be asking for every part as it comes in just so you know you got it and a local contact with Genuine so you can stay up to date on any news if any. This alone may get your local dealer on the ball to find the parts. Maybe track them to another dealer and work a trade or swap - just to get you your parts that were "paid" for eight months ago.

Good Luck!

ps: We have heard several stories of the Genuine Top Cases having issues, yet we own four, use three daily and have no problems. I imagine some days we lock/unlock 3-4 times a day, some days never yet they work great!