what a strange looking scooter

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Found this on ebay searching for scooters near me

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/IWL-PITT ... 19bce6d11f

It's really kinda cool looking I think :)
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
ed85379

Post by ed85379 »

It looks like a shoe, but it is strangely compelling.
jasondavis48108

ed85379 wrote:It looks like a shoe, but it is strangely compelling.
:lol: It does kinda look like a shoe, but a fairly sexy shoe :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

max aerodynamics lol
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Man that is awesome! Love it! Right up there with my heart throb, the Heinkle Tourist.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
jasondavis48108

Skootz Kabootz wrote:Man that is awesome! Love it! Right up there with my heart throb, the Heinkle Tourist.
That's a really fabulous scooter as well. Also kinda looks like a sexy shoe :) Hopefully the Genuine crusier will be as sexy (in its own way) when it comes out. I think my wifes about ready to kill me every time I bring up wanting a 3rd scooter so I've been mentioning it every once in awhile so I can claim long term planning, but I may still have to part with my Buddy 50 when the cruiser comes out in order to save my marriage :lol:
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

While I love IWL's, I don't know if I could ride a "Pitty Roller", I dig the IWL Berlin.
jasondavis48108

I have to admit the Berlin is much sexier with its giant front fender. I really like the curves on it (I tried to think of a differnt way to say this but there just wasn't any :lol: ).
rayk

Post by rayk »

He says it's an IWL, but if you look at the last picture in the second row the emblem shows JWL. Regardless, what a cool scooter. Did you read the sellers description (scroll down from the picture on ebay)? Museum piece.
MB #2932
Ride safe.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Yeah, it looks like a "J", but it's really a stylized gothic "I". Must be peculiar to German as a lot of 8mm Mauser cartridges are stamped with what's misinterpreted as "JS" when it's really "IS".
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

This thread got me thinking about Heinkles and I found this pic. Hew freakin sweet is this! Wow.

jasondavis48108

oh man, I dream of sidecar ownership. btw has anyone ever heard of anyone putting a sidecar on a Buddy? I think a blackjack might look kinda sweet with a little sidecar action, although the Buddy may just be too small for it :( I've told my wife that after we pay off the car I'm seriously considering getting an Ural Gear-Up if I can confirm that it will ride through snow :twisted: I would really like to get something that feels less carish for winter riding without having to move to southern cali or arizona. I've also thought about one of those can-am spiders but the Ural looks way more awesome and its camo, how can you beat that :lol:
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Camo really looks great. Considering that cagers can't even see brightly-colored scooters though, it may not be the safest color combo out there.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

loves
jasondavis48108

charlie55 wrote:Camo really looks great. Considering that cagers can't even see brightly-colored scooters though, it may not be the safest color combo out there.
yeah, but they also have orange camo, at least the hunters would see you in the woods :D
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

jasondavis48108 wrote:oh man, I dream of sidecar ownership. btw has anyone ever heard of anyone putting a sidecar on a Buddy? I think a blackjack might look kinda sweet with a little sidecar action, although the Buddy may just be too small for it :( I've told my wife that after we pay off the car I'm seriously considering getting an Ural Gear-Up if I can confirm that it will ride through snow :twisted: I would really like to get something that feels less carish for winter riding without having to move to southern cali or arizona. I've also thought about one of those can-am spiders but the Ural looks way more awesome and its camo, how can you beat that :lol:
Yeah, a shop tried to put the Cozy sidecar on the Buddy. They managed to attach it but said it was too unstable to ride... Its in a thread here somewhere from long ago.

EDIT: Found it! viewtopic.php?t=2957&highlight=sidecar
jasondavis48108

Kaos wrote:
jasondavis48108 wrote:oh man, I dream of sidecar ownership. btw has anyone ever heard of anyone putting a sidecar on a Buddy? I think a blackjack might look kinda sweet with a little sidecar action, although the Buddy may just be too small for it :( I've told my wife that after we pay off the car I'm seriously considering getting an Ural Gear-Up if I can confirm that it will ride through snow :twisted: I would really like to get something that feels less carish for winter riding without having to move to southern cali or arizona. I've also thought about one of those can-am spiders but the Ural looks way more awesome and its camo, how can you beat that :lol:
Yeah, a shop tried to put the Cozy sidecar on the Buddy. They managed to attach it but said it was too unstable to ride... Its in a thread here somewhere from long ago.
that doesn't really suprise me. I'm amazed they can put them on stellas and they are seem quite a bit larger than the Buddy as far as wheel base. Still, if they ever figured out a safe way to do it it'd be pretty cool.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

I don't know. Sidecars look sharp, but the physics of riding on 2 wheels is ruined
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Sorry, sidecars hijacked this thread so I started a new thread for that topic. Apologies. Carry on. As you were.

Tony McGurk

Post by Tony McGurk »

The German shoe scooter is a really great looking scoot. I'd love to take it for a spin
Been Scooterin' since March '2010 & luvin' it :-)
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

jasondavis48108 wrote:I've told my wife that after we pay off the car I'm seriously considering getting an Ural Gear-Up if I can confirm that it will ride through snow
Go to this link and watch "Snow Games"

http://www.imz-ural.com/downloads/movies.htm
Tee Jay

Post by Tee Jay »

Check out this modded G-max from the PGO website, the white one at the bottom looks like a few days in the shop

http://english.pgo.com.tw/news.asp?id=54&type=1

Check out the G-Max 220 Are those Brembo disks?
jasondavis48108

Dooglas wrote:
jasondavis48108 wrote:I've told my wife that after we pay off the car I'm seriously considering getting an Ural Gear-Up if I can confirm that it will ride through snow
Go to this link and watch "Snow Games"

http://www.imz-ural.com/downloads/movies.htm
omg that was by far the most awesome thing I've seen in quite some time. I don't think anything has made me so excited about michigan winters since I bought my first set of studded bicycle tires :D