Stella 4T's to be in Chicago by the 7th!

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

I bet they make it to Utah/Colo by the 12-14th and California by the 14-18th. Most likely you could get your VIN by the 10th or so from your Dealer.

Scooting by Father's Day![/b]
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Awesome! Where did you hear this from?

What's the benefit of getting the VIN so early?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Roy Park.
VIN number to insure before riding home.

and the response as to why you don't need to insure your vehicle prior to driving it home in 3....2....1............
10gallonhat

Post by 10gallonhat »

Woohoo! Hopefully they will be in MN even before the 12th.
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

bluezurich wrote: and the response as to why you don't need to insure your vehicle prior to driving it home in 3....2....1............
[EDIT: I took this as "getting an official policy on the vehicle with an insurance card and everything before driving it home"- not "this is why you should drive uninsured". my post still stands, however. sorry for the mis-read I was all hopped up on cough syrup]

uhh. I'll take it.
if you already own a 2 wheeler and have it insured with a good company, they should give you a grace period and qualify it as some kind of "newly acquired motorcycle" with the same coverage as your current insured "motorcycle" for a brief period- perhaps 14 days.
after said grace period, if you do not get it's own policy (with VIN and everything, premium paid, etc), then the scoot would be "uninsured" and you'd be breaking the law, not to mention in a world of regret if any dmg happened to the scoot - and worst of all you could be bankrupt if you were unfortunate enough to cause an accident and be liable for someones injuries (pedestrian, riding 2-up, cause a car to lose control and roll) they could go after your savings and assets, kids education fund, everything.
dont drive anything uninsured.

I dont have a current insured motorcycle/scooter, so if I want insurance on it I need to set it up before I go pick it up.

or you could go with a "click quote print" insurance company and over pay and get no service and ridiculous coverages like a deductible on liability cov (you should have no deductible on liability insurance, btw.)
lets just say "I have switched"

plus a VIN number is just "that" much closer to actually having the scooter, right?
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
bosco
Dealer

Post by bosco »

bluezurich wrote:
and the response as to why you don't need to insure your vehicle prior to driving it home in 3....2....1............
remember. Every state has different laws and requirements.
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

and every forum has a resident one upper.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

bluezurich wrote:and every forum has a resident one upper.
More than one most places. That's kind of the reason forums, blogs and social media exist, right? Or maybe I missed the point. Isn't pointing this out some form of sideways one-upmanship? A way of getting yours in while trying to shut down anyone who might have something to say about it? What qualifies as one-upping? If you provide some information and someone adds to it or provides more specific or accurate info, does that count? I would call that being helpful. If you call something one-upping and someone disagrees, is that one-upping?

You can insure a vehicle in CA without the VIN and supply it after purchase. This is how people manage to buy vehicles and drive them home without freaking out. In fact, if you call some companies for a quote, they will provide the quoted coverage for 90 days should you have an accident before finalizing the policy. (Don't know if this is law, but Geico does this.) You do, of course, have to back-pay for the coverage.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Look we don't need to caution everyone as if my posts were legal advice, that would be suggesting folks here were not too bright.
bosco
Dealer

Post by bosco »

eric is right,
you can buy a bike in Ca without insurance and ride it away. There is a grace period that allows you to do such as long as you are insurable. This means having insurance on a car or other vehicle.

I have no idea what goes on in Utah.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

bluezurich wrote:Look we don't need to caution everyone as if my posts were legal advice, that would be suggesting folks here were not too bright.
Are you one-upping me? I honestly can't tell.
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

we are *all* right! Yay!
* no comments count as legal advice
* all of our posts are literally a nickles worth of free advice (split the difference, 2 cents)
* the only reason we do it is because we think what we have to say is worth saying,
* we are making the topic better - we are one upping each post to make it better than the last (hopefully)
* and I see bosco's point- that is a true fact and I certailny could have mentioned that in my post on the subject, although I was leaning more toward "regardless of the law I suggest protecting yourself with liability coverage" rather than get insurance because it's the law. but to be fair to Bosco and as a slight to myself, I really did mention "the law" and muddied up my own point, so whoops!
* and further I see bluezurich's point, in that bosco's post is, so to speak, an obvious one. reminds me a little of C-3PO stating "it's quite possible this asteroid is not entirely stable"- not a personal attack-
I can just see how someone other than Bosco and myself could read it like that. like I said I was *this* close to putting bosco's very sentance into my post before I sent it.
* and after Eric's post I really really really really wish that there was a Sarcasm font change - like Bold or italics - as I'm certain he would have used it then. [gentle humour] as we all know, moderator is latin for "one who one-ups" [/gentle humour]
* and pointing out some one is one uping is also a one upping
* and then the person who is pointing out that some one is pointing out someone is one upping is also one upping
- and so on and so forth and so on and so forth, untill...

the ultimate is...
ME. right now, with this post.
game over I win you lose

why? cuz I called it and that's the only reason. I beat you all to it, pure and simple.
- anyone who tries to claim it, is simply a cheating copy cat face.
Moderators: I meant no offense by that, see:
1) we all have faces
2) to take a "win" from somebody who won it is to "cheat"
3) and a common phrase that means "to duplicate" is "copy cat", just ask any grade school in the 80's.
4) it wasn't even aimed at anyone in particular- so not a personal attack.
5) gentle humor. (inform educate and entertain)
6) I mispelled humor up there didn't I?
7) and it's not an "angry rant"- I'm having fun and not mad at all- though it IS a "rant" I'll give you that- most of my posts are rants
8) moving on...

and as an insurance professional I will not give advice but I *will* mention a discrepancy:
a "quote" is Extremely different from "bound coverage".
kind of a life or death difference in the realm of causing an accident.

but every state is different, every insurance company is different, every scooter is a little bit different, every driver is different, and most of my shoes are pretty much different from all my other shoes. with the small exception of each one having and perfect matching pair.

@ bluezurich: I just caught your "2011" Stella 4T! :rofl:
Last edited by Lovelandstella on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
~Lovelandstella
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Hey I admit, I'm wrong at least once a day.

Sorry about my mini rants... I'm in a pissy mood today, it's gorgeous out and I have a bum knee from running. Ahhh Celebrex.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

WHY RED IS RED!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
bluezurich

One Step Closer!

Post by bluezurich »

Cleared customs and on their way to Chicago!
10gallonhat

Post by 10gallonhat »

Sweet! I was able to ignore the scooter waiting madness for a long time, but now that it's real and they are on the way - I can't stop obsessing.
Mark2000

Post by Mark2000 »

Why do they need to go to Chicago first? Seems like a waste and more chance for injury. Plus people in CA would have them by now :)
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Mark2000 wrote:Why do they need to go to Chicago first? Seems like a waste and more chance for injury. Plus people in CA would have them by now :)
I think you'd be happy they had a final QC check by the importer and designer.

Plus this way all us loyal Stella selling States get the first few! ha!
I'll be unavailable to pick mine up the week they get here ironically enough and so you'll probably have yours before me!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

You guys may have yours before I get mine even though mine was first in the country! It's still in San Diego. Ha.
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Anyone else but me wonder why they used a 2T Stella for ad copy in the latest 4T poster that Genuine is using? Personally I would really like an old style front wheel and not the star shape.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5 ... 4911527717
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

bluezurich wrote:Anyone else but me wonder why they used a 2T Stella for ad copy in the latest 4T poster that Genuine is using? Personally I would really like an old style front wheel and not the star shape.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5 ... 4911527717
Probably because they don't have a photo of the 4T with the Stella model. We have some candidates for the new Stella model. (Note: New 4T Stella model does not need to have twice the T's of old 2T model.)

You can get the disc wheel (as an accessory). I love the star!
bluezurich

This is easy! (4T Model Model)

Post by bluezurich »

Well for one I vote for Anna at SW. Very photogenic and reminds me of Janice from Flashforward!
(Is my wife on the forum?)
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

Mark2000 wrote:Why do they need to go to Chicago first? Seems like a waste and more chance for injury. Plus people in CA would have them by now :)
+1!
I agree.

the only thing I can think of is some kind of important quality control thing.
if mine has any problems I'd rather they find that out ASAP and start their solution ASAP rather than wait untill it's in my hands.

but if they are not going to uncrate it- I don't see why that couldn't be done at the docks. "hmm, yes, this crate is not crushed beyond recognition, inspection done. moving on to the next one..."

hmm. here is a hypothesis...

remember that the stella 4T is a *little* different than the european and asian models?

see the "mysterious tube" discussed *here*...
maybe Genuine will modify every single stella in USA before they go to dealers?

sounds like a reach, but maybe thats the only way to get the clean 4T as *super Clean* as they like it.
~Lovelandstella
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

ericalm wrote:...I love the star!
+1!
~Lovelandstella
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

bluezurich wrote:... Personally I would really like an old style front wheel and not the star shape.
ericalm wrote:...You can get the disc wheel (as an accessory). I love the star!
this prompted me to start a new topic, reg: wheel covers: is there a long run maintenance difference? - see it *here* if you like.
~Lovelandstella
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: This is easy! (4T Model Model)

Post by ericalm »

bluezurich wrote:Well for one I vote for Anna at SW. Very photogenic and reminds me of Janice from Flashforward!
(Is my wife on the forum?)
Anna's lovely (and all-around awesome), but she declined when I told her she should be the new Stella. :)
Tee Jay

Post by Tee Jay »

I just got back from Motorsport Scooters in San Diego. I went there for an exhaust gasket for my Bajaj Chetak. The exhaust is rusting a little, so I'm going to sand it and paint it (Done). I'm trying to get it ready for a ride from Tijuana to Oregon in July. They told me, my Creme colored Stella is on its way to Chicago. It should be ready (with all it's chrome glory) the third week in June. By the way Eric, your Creme colored Stella still looks good. I watched it get taken for a test ride while I was there. And another thing, I'm getting the same Chrome (Logo stuff) except the rear rack. I also have the SX Apparel brown bag to put on it. Alex gave me a great deal for accessories on a new scooter.
Buena Suerte!
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Stella 4T's to be in Chicago by the 7th!

Post by ericalm »

Tee Jay wrote:I just got back from Motorsport Scooters in San Diego. I went there for an exhaust gasket for my Bajaj Chetak. The exhaust is rusting a little, so I'm going to sand it and paint it (Done). I'm trying to get it ready for a ride from Tijuana to Oregon in July. They told me, my Creme colored Stella is on its way to Chicago. It should be ready (with all it's chrome glory) the third week in June. By the way Eric, your Creme colored Stella still looks good. I watched it get taken for a test ride while I was there. And another thing, I'm getting the same Chrome (Logo stuff) except the rear rack. I also have the SX Apparel brown bag to put on it. Alex gave me a great deal for accessories on a new scooter.
Buena Suerte!
Ha, good to hear. I think they're bringing the Stella back up next weekend. I'll get a couple of weeks of riding it before taking off for vacation for two weeks.
Mark2000

Post by Mark2000 »

Its the 7th. Any word on the bikes?
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Yes they took yours out of the crate and covered it in Genuine Scooter Co. schwag.

Funny I was thinking about why they might want them since they won't be uncrating them but it just may be the simplest way for dispersal to dealers. I was kinda hoping for the goodie bags to be added to each prepaid in full scoot.
Mark2000

Post by Mark2000 »

Oh, if only. I'd love a chrome rear flat rack for my patience. But what can I tell you. Just have me riding by next Monday. It's going to be hard to sleep this next week.
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Don't I know it, mine might sit at the dealer for a week before I can get it! Oh well, maybe I'll dream about an iphone upgrade in the meantime. Ok, back to car shopping. Damn, where did I put that pile of ashes from the benjamins I just burned?
Mark2000

Post by Mark2000 »

If you unlock your current iPhone you might be able to sell it for more than you payed for it. No bens needed for that.
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Yes I made a profit on my iPhone 1G by doing that. Or it makes a great ipod for my daughter
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

My iPhone 1G has become my wife's Angry Birds machine.

Does anyone who prepaid in full know if they qualified for the Genuine Spring Fling offer?

I did not prepay in full. Got all my chrome from Motorsport. Haven't seen it yet except in pics. I think it's being trailered up this weekend. I hope! :)
Mark2000

Post by Mark2000 »

I was not allowed to pay in full. I offered the full payment in return for a discount and he told me if he took all my money now he would spend it and not have it to pay for the bikes when they got there. I put my deposit down April 8th.
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

lovelandstella got the spring fling, I turned mine down.
Lovelandstella

Spring Fling Ding-a-ling-a-ling

Post by Lovelandstella »

Yup they honored it; It’s in my garage. I got it maybe 3 weeks ago – maybe sooner.

I got a front bumper, legshield protectors, Cowl protectors and a standard Rear rack, all in chrome (no scooter cover though).
Pretty much everything in the picture here: http://www.genuinescooters.com/feat/dre ... fragment-7 .

The Rear rack was the one with the plate that bolts onto the gas tank area under the seat and it appears to interfere with the new 4T’s tubes/wires sticking out on the rear most area under the seat. So I might be selling this but I wanna wait till I get the stella 1st(see if they magically fit).

As with all big purchases, I discussed this with my wife and even though I was positive the spring fling was only for 2t’s, she pointed out that the website didn’t say anything about 2t only and we might as well try.
At my wife’s idea, I sent an email to all my dealers in the whole state telling them that $500 of free accessories is worth driving almost anywhere to buy this scooter. I offered that if I pay in full before March 31, 2010 that they could honor the spring fling offer and get my business. It might sound cold, but it’s the same scooter no matter where I buy it, right? Anyway, many of them said they would do it and I was able to go with my original (closest) dealer I wanted to use. They said it was just a bit of paper work they had to do before March 31st, that’s all it was. Simple. Awesome + smart + Beautiful = My Wife

I wrote the check the 3rd week of March and the dealer listed the “Spring Fling package” on the receipt as part of the purchase.
Got the spring fling package I think maybe before even May. It was pretty quick. I wished I got the Stella at the same time – but you all know about that.
~Lovelandstella
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

4 days away? maybe I know but really it might just be for you in Colo.
10gallonhat

Post by 10gallonhat »

Anybody hear if they've made it Chicago? Even better, anybody hear if they made it to Chicago and have been shipped to dealers? :P
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

ericalm wrote:...Does anyone who prepaid in full know if they qualified for the Genuine Spring Fling offer?

I did not prepay in full. Got all my chrome from Motorsport. Haven't seen it yet except in pics. I think it's being trailered up this weekend. I hope! :)
Eric,
so was your chrome part of the spring fling, or did you have to pay for it? sorry if I'm confused.
If you got the spring fling and just put a deposit down that is some pretty nice talking you did. If you did that I'm curious what you said.

to the rest of us:
did anyone else get the spring fling on a 4T?
how did you do it?
was I the only one?
~Lovelandstella
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Loveland-

This is Eric A you're taking about. ;)

Nuff said!

Hey, has your dealer gotten you VIN info? You should be seeing yours soon Batman. That is unless the trip to Chicago is on the back of 300 large tortoises. I heard they get 140 miles to the leaf and they smell worse than a 2T!
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

bluezurich wrote:Loveland-

This is Eric A you're taking about. ;)

Nuff said!

Hey, has your dealer gotten you VIN info? You should be seeing yours soon Batman. That is unless the trip to Chicago is on the back of 300 large tortoises. I heard they get 140 miles to the leaf and they smell worse than a 2T!
:lol:
not only do I not have a VIN, but my dealer hasn't responded to the email I sent on tuesday. I might have gotten the Spring fling package but I'm definitely getting ripped on communication.

OR... my dealer has no news for me - ie further delays?
Last edited by Lovelandstella on Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Lovelandstella
10gallonhat

Post by 10gallonhat »

I put my deposit down in April - after the Spring Fling offer ended. I did ask about it, but it was expired and technically not valid for 2010 models, so... I didn't push hard when they said no.

I'm not a huge chrome fan anyways, but would have liked to have a rear and front rack for free :D

I've been very patient since I put my down payment down, but now that I know they are close the waiting is really starting to drive me insane! :P I've been checking every website I can think of way too often in hopes of some new nugget of info about when we will see them. Hopefully it's soon... so my attention span can go to something higher then 5 minutes without checking MB or Genuine's site.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Nope, I bought my chrome! I think it's the Piaggio PX set. Motorsport mounted it for their Stellabration (the seat needed some adjustment to fit the rear rack). I'd commented on their Facebook photos and elsewhere that I thought it looked great so they asked, "Well, as long as we've installed it, do you want to just buy it and keep it on?" YES.

It's on sale there and I got free installation.
http://www.scooterwest.com/items/?_page ... aggio/4144
Mark2000

Post by Mark2000 »

Just called SF Scooter Center. They have not received a shipping notice yet, so these Scoots are NOT on the way there. That means they definitely won't be in on Monday as promised.
bosco
Dealer

stellas

Post by bosco »

I havent gotten a call or fax from my shipper either. We should be getting them the same day as SF - I will post up when i have heard word that they are on a truck on the west coast. So far --- crickets.
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

ericalm wrote:Nope, I bought my chrome! I think it's the Piaggio PX set. Motorsport mounted it for their Stellabration (the seat needed some adjustment to fit the rear rack). I'd commented on their Facebook photos and elsewhere that I thought it looked great so they asked, "Well, as long as we've installed it, do you want to just buy it and keep it on?" YES.

It's on sale there and I got free installation.
http://www.scooterwest.com/items/?_page ... aggio/4144
As allways Eric you managed a sweet deal! (jealous) :wink:

but the red part has really peaked my interest . I bet I'm not the only one to wonder what they did to tweak it to make it work.

we all talked about it a bit here: viewtopic.php?p=189521#189521

maybe once you get yours, Eric, could you snap off a few pics for the rest of us to see any tricks? (hey, that Rhymes!)
~Lovelandstella
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Yup, I don't really know what the adjustment was. It may be specific to the Piaggio rack and may not work with the Prima, Faco, etc. I'll hopefully have pics this weekend.
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

ericalm wrote:Yup, I don't really know what the adjustment was. It may be specific to the Piaggio rack and may not work with the Prima, Faco, etc. I'll hopefully have pics this weekend.
true true. we'll see if it helps.
this weekend? like cuz it's stopping by? or you finally get it delivered?!

Am I the only one who hasn't head anything from their dealer lately?
~Lovelandstella