Blur or Laser R9

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

littlescooty

Blur or Laser R9

Post by littlescooty »

Hey guys

I'm new to the forums and kind of new to scooters. I recently bought a Buddy 125 from the shop and we really love it. We were looking at getting a new, more modern looking, and a more powerful scooter.

We went to the local shop today, they didn't have the Blur in stock, but said they could get us one for $4200 out the door.

They had a Laser R9 and the woman kind of compared it to the Blur. I was wondering, which is better, and I know the opinions bay be biased because this is a Blur forum, sorry if I violated any rules, lol.

LS
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

The Blur is more powerful, handles better, has better brakes, etc. It's also more expensive. If you are wanting something sporting, the Blur is probably the way to go. $4200 out the door seems a bit higher than I've seen elsewhere.
- Bryce
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

Bryce-O-Rama wrote:The Blur is more powerful, handles better, has better brakes, etc. It's also more expensive. If you are wanting something sporting, the Blur is probably the way to go. $4200 out the door seems a bit higher than I've seen elsewhere.
Yeah, everything he said :)

I took a look at R9 at the scooter shop where I got the Blur - it might be a decent scooter, but it looked more cheaply made than the Blur to me. That day I tried the Blur, the Buddy, and even one of those "new Lambrettas" (which I imagine is a bit like the R9), but I have to admit I didn't even bother with the R9 by then, I was sold on the Blur.

Knowing that the Blur is more expensive, I'd say if riding fun and quality is important, get the Blur. If you're not picky and need to save money, then R9 could be an option (or maybe a Buddy?).