finally picked up my Blur

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bicyclerider

finally picked up my Blur

Post by bicyclerider »

Got an 06.
put 50 miles on her since lunch yesterday.
can't stop the miles of smiles each time I get to ride. Handling is amazing, pickup is plenty, overall feel is top-notch and the brakes are sick.

The only complaint I would have so far is the seat is not as comfy as my wife's Buddy seat. I rode it home when we picked it up after work last night. I think her seat has softer foam in it for sure. I can see why the windshield would be good to have, certainly above or around 50 mph.

My co-workers keep kidding me, calling it a moped and asking me to keep my moped parked somewhere else, rather than eating up an entire parking spot. PA building announcements that is is raining now include, "it's raining, if anyone has their windows or sunroofs open or if your vespa is outside you might want to go take care of them" har har. (its a small company).

My boss (CFO) asked me if I was going through a mid-life crisis.
Those at the coffee shop though, this a.m. were admiring it and asking question after question.

The wife and I are headed up about 70 miles into the country tomorrow to a private lake area, I'll post how it was for a longer ride for both of us, she's pretty nervous though.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Re: finally picked up my Blur

Post by illnoise »

Yay!
bicyclerider wrote:put 50 miles on her since lunch yesterday.
If you're going by the odometer, that's 50 Blur Distance Units (BDU) which (usually) are somewhere between a half mile and kilometer.
The only complaint I would have so far is the seat is not as comfy as my wife's Buddy seat. I rode it home when we picked it up after work last night. I think her seat has softer foam in it for sure.
I don't think it's the stiffness, it's the shape. The more you ride, the more you get used to it, though. It's not the best seat, but it's better than a lot of bikes.
My co-workers keep kidding me, calling it a moped and asking me to keep my moped parked somewhere else.
They're jealous, duh. Enjoy your ride this weekend, and the attention!
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
thewhiteboy

Post by thewhiteboy »

Grats on your new purchase! I was thinking of getting a Blur but got a better price on the Buddy.
Scoot Over!
beelzebubbles

Re: finally picked up my Blur

Post by beelzebubbles »

bicyclerider wrote:My co-workers keep kidding me, calling it a moped and asking me to keep my moped parked somewhere else, rather than eating up an entire parking spot. PA building announcements that is is raining now include, "it's raining, if anyone has their windows or sunroofs open or if your vespa is outside you might want to go take care of them" har har. (its a small company).

My boss (CFO) asked me if I was going through a mid-life crisis.
Those at the coffee shop though, this a.m. were admiring it and asking question after question.
Congrats! All that kidding should subside after the first couple of months or so (unless they just feel like ribbing you for the heck of it :) ). It's true that a cool scooter gets a lot more attention than, say a typical Civic. It's a blessing and a curse (really more the former, I think :) )