Livid isn't a strong enough word

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Ok, this is me venting. If you don't like to read that, go visit some other thread.

I had a work at home day today, and I was on a call with my company's sale's director when I heard a huge BOOM on my patio.

From where my desk sits there's a mirror where I can see out the patio door. The first thing I notice is that I can't see the mirrors from EITHER of the Buddy's that should be parked there.

I run and tear open the patio door to see BOTH the Buddy's on their sides on the patio, and one of the complex's landscapers running around the corner of the building with his mower.

When he glanced back to see me, he quickly abandoned the mower, because I was absolutely after him. He was a little latino guy, maybe 18 to 20ish. I'm a 6'3" 195lb pissed off punk-rocker guy freight training at him with anger fueled rage.

I caught him fairly quickly and hauled him to his supervisor to deal with while I went back to survey the damage.

The black '07 (which isn't actually mine, but a friend's) was thankfully just fine. The Voodoo Buddy however now won't start. There's no body damage other than a couple of tiny scratches, so I'm hoping its just flooded from being on it's side.

I understand making a mistake(Though I'm not sure how mowing my PATIO is a valid mistake) but don't run from the scene! OWN UP!!!!

GAHHH! I'm still shaking mad about it....
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

I don't know, man. That concrete gets pretty tall if you don't keep it managed. :roll:

Glad it wasn't a theft. Yeah...why do they always run? Fingers crossed for ya that it's just from being on its side.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

DANG IT. This post got lost while I was "moderating" the forum. Sorry, y'all! :oops:
Kaos wrote:
Cheshire wrote:I don't know, man. That concrete gets pretty tall if you don't keep it managed. :roll:

Glad it wasn't a theft. Yeah...why do they always run? Fingers crossed for ya that it's just from being on its side.
After sitting for an hour, it started back up ok so it looks like there's no actual damage other than a tiny scratch on the side of the Voodoo Buddy. Thankfully the '07 Buddy took no damage at all, as its not actually mine.
Good luck with both scooters, Kaos! I'd be pissed off, too.
ModBud #442
glamourgirrrl

Post by glamourgirrrl »

OMG!! That's terrible. i hope you gave him the fright of his life. What a wuss for running away. Own up to your mistakes.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Nope, looks like I mysteriously deleted EVERYONE's responses. ARGH. Sorry, everyone. :oops: :oops: :oops:
ModBud #442
bpatrick5

Post by bpatrick5 »

That royally sucks. Hope it is just flooded. Good job running him down.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

glamourgirrrl wrote:OMG!! That's terrible. i hope you gave him the fright of his life. What a wuss for running away. Own up to your mistakes.
6'3" punk rocker running down on me like a ton o' bricks? Not many people wouldn't be afraid! :lol: :twisted:
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

that sucks, glad to here that they seem to be alright for the most part. The VooDoo Buddy probably wouldn't start cause it was too busy putting a curse on the arseface that knock'em over :twisted: I'm sure it'll start once the bastard is properly cursed.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Portland_Rider
Location: Free Territory of the Pacific Northwest (Kalifornia refugee)

Post by Portland_Rider »

Kaos,

I'm sorry to learn of your bad experience. Agreed, people can make stupid mistakes yet IMHO there is no excuse for actually or possibly damaging another's property and then not being responsible. Hope there isn't any damage to your scoots. Physical exercise is good to burn off anger. Don't let it stew inside.

PR
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Portland_Rider wrote:Kaos,

I'm sorry to learn of your bad experience. Agreed, people can make stupid mistakes yet IMHO there is no excuse for actually or possibly damaging another's property and then not being responsible. Hope there isn't any damage to your scoots. Physical exercise is good to burn off anger. Don't let it stew inside.

PR
Other than a tiny scratch they both ended up being fine, thankfully.
I'm gonna grab my camera and go find something to photograph. Thats how I usually blow off steam...
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Sounds like a good reason to keep them cloaked when hanging on the patio... he he

Zap that little dude for getting to close!
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

I'm really impressed. You caught him and took him to his supervisor. Totally appropriate and cool headed under the cirucumstances.
Ride what you like so you'll love to ride!
Scooterist Extraordinaire!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

dakotamouse wrote:I'm really impressed. You caught him and took him to his supervisor. Totally appropriate and cool headed under the cirucumstances.
Thanks, but I think I was actually anything but coolheaded. I was steamed beyond anything I can remember in recent history.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Kaos wrote:Thanks, but I think I was actually anything but coolheaded. I was steamed beyond anything I can remember in recent history.
Man oh man, I got into that state a week ago thanks to some gross negligence on the part of the management where I live. I literally was shaking I was so mad. I can't recall when I have ever been so mad. It took me three days to fully calm down. I am just glad it happened over the phone or I may have gone Hockey Player on their ass and got myself ejected.

Happily, I woke up the morning after the main event and the life story of the Buddha happened to be on TV... all this serene music and wonderful philosophy, lots of talk of compassion... well that helped calm me down. Of course, today they started f'ing with me again, so the Hockey Player in me is itchin' to get back on the ice. Put me in coach! Put me in!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:
Kaos wrote:Thanks, but I think I was actually anything but coolheaded. I was steamed beyond anything I can remember in recent history.
Man oh man, I got into that state a week ago thanks to some gross negligence on the part of the management where I live. I literally was shaking I was so mad. I can't recall when I have ever been so mad. It took me three days to fully calm down. I am just glad it happened over the phone or I may have gone Hockey Player on their ass and got myself ejected.

Happily, I woke up the morning after the main event and the life story of the Buddha happened to be on TV... all this serene music and wonderful philosophy, lots of talk of compassion... well that helped calm me down. Of course, today they started f'ing with me again, so the Hockey Player in me is itchin' to get back on the ice. Put me in coach! Put me in!
Heh, thats an awesome coincidence that the story of the Buddha was on :) I was shaking mad as well, though I've cooled off now. Thankfully its hard to get me in that state, and I cool down pretty quickly.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Did you at least tip over his mower? :D
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

bigbropgo wrote:Did you at least tip over his mower? :D
Heh, that wasn't really on my mind at that moment :P
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

Kaos wrote:
bigbropgo wrote:Did you at least tip over his mower? :D
Heh, that wasn't really on my mind at that moment :P
That would be a creative reaction, if that were really "his" mower, unfortunately, it's only messing with his supervisor. I'd just tip him over and mop the toilet bowl with his hair.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Glad your Buddy's are fine, Kaos! I totally do not understand people that won't own up to their mistakes. Gads, if I knocked something over my first thought would be to pick it up and make sure it's not damaged!
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
laxer

Post by laxer »

That's awesome, Kaos, way to demand justice! We need scooterists like you to make sure that we're not all pigeonholed into one stereotype!
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

For some reason, I see you waving a half-consumed can of PBR while chasing the guy. :lol:

During a particularly stressful period at work, a forklift operator cheesed me off in a way that caused the pebbles to vote for "landslide". No physical violence. But I got up in his grill and intiated a shouting spree that left my throat stripped raw for a week.

Funny thing, he hasn't come back to work for months... :twisted:
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Sparky wrote:For some reason, I see you waving a half-consumed can of PBR while chasing the guy. :lol:
Heh, though PBR is the official beer of Punk Rock, I'm actually a tea-totaller. :) What makes that even funnier to my friends is that I'm 3/4 Irish, which historically have a long history of drinking as well :P
Mikie M.

Post by Mikie M. »

Well done.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

WHAT? the Irish drink :shock: ?
it's okay to drink PBR though, it's mostly water anyway :P
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

How in the world do you mow down scooters on a patio (accidentally)?
so tough, so pink
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

chloefpuff wrote:How in the world do you mow down scooters on a patio (accidentally)?
I'm still trying to figure that one out. They sit maybe 2ft from the nearest patch of grass, so I've no idea how he would have managed to bump them accidentally.
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

Kaos wrote:
chloefpuff wrote:How in the world do you mow down scooters on a patio (accidentally)?
I'm still trying to figure that one out. They sit maybe 2ft from the nearest patch of grass, so I've no idea how he would have managed to bump them accidentally.
my guess is that he was turning the mower and didn't take into full account the length of the handles and that he butt bumped the scoots.
Ride what you like so you'll love to ride!
Scooterist Extraordinaire!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

dakotamouse wrote:
Kaos wrote:
my guess is that he was turning the mower and didn't take into full account the length of the handles and that he butt bumped the scoots.
Thats quite possible. I didn't see the actual event, just heard the BOOM of them falling over, and saw the guy running.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Surprisingly I got a very nice hand written letter in the mail from the landscaping company today, it explained the situation very accurately and had a very nice apology from the owner and the landscaper involved. It explained that the landscaper had been backing up while mowing and tripped backwards over the lip of my patio, he spoke no English and panicked at the idea of having to confront me without being able to communicate with me.

The letter went on to read that though I had stated there was no damage if I DID find any that I was welcome to contact him, and that I would get a personal apology from the landscaper next time they were on site.

It was signed by both the owner and the landscaper involved. I feel that was a very professional response, and it does make me feel better about the situation. Like I told the landscaper's supervisor, I understand when accidents happen, it was mostly the running that upset me.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

That's a refreshingly good outcome. Good on them for owning up to the situation.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Elm Creek Smith wrote:(moderated)
I'm not surprised to see a post like this. In fact I'm a little surprised it took this long, but still,
:Sigh:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Elm Creek Smith, c'mon now! You know that we don't talk politics on this forum. There's the rest of the internet for that. Here's the posting guidelines in case you need a refresher: topic1.html I specifically refer to this bit right here:
• Politics and religion (advocacy of a particular party, candidate, viewpoint, or religion, or any controversial topic related to politics or religion)

If you need a place to vent about the EPA's dealio with the Stella 4T, then by all means, go here: topic15647.html

Syd, next time, click the little Image on the offending comment. That will notify the moderators that our attention is needed.
ModBud #442
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

With all due respect, Polianarchy, I'm taking it a step further and deleting ECS' post. It was just flat-out racist, hateful, and insensitive on several levels.

Elm Creek Smith, I'll spare you my opinion, and the embarrassment of being reamed by the vast majority of MB members for your comment, please consider this a final warning.

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Kaos wrote:Surprisingly I got a very nice hand written letter in the mail from the landscaping company today, it explained the situation very accurately and had a very nice apology from the owner and the landscaper involved. It explained that the landscaper had been backing up while mowing and tripped backwards over the lip of my patio, he spoke no English and panicked at the idea of having to confront me without being able to communicate with me.

The letter went on to read that though I had stated there was no damage if I DID find any that I was welcome to contact him, and that I would get a personal apology from the landscaper next time they were on site.

It was signed by both the owner and the landscaper involved. I feel that was a very professional response, and it does make me feel better about the situation. Like I told the landscaper's supervisor, I understand when accidents happen, it was mostly the running that upset me.
Sounds like a keeper. :)
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Cheshire wrote:
Kaos wrote:Surprisingly I got a very nice hand written letter in the mail from the landscaping company today, it explained the situation very accurately and had a very nice apology from the owner and the landscaper involved. It explained that the landscaper had been backing up while mowing and tripped backwards over the lip of my patio, he spoke no English and panicked at the idea of having to confront me without being able to communicate with me.

+1 Wow. Nice response. Pretty much as good as they could do in the circumstances.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:
Cheshire wrote:

+1 Wow. Nice response. Pretty much as good as they could do in the circumstances.
Yeah, I'm very happy with the reply. It clearly stated the situation and took responsibility for it politely and professionally.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Having been in several situations where communication is an issue for me, I can understand the desire to run, a little.
I am not condoning the action, but I am picturing this dude who was just trying to peacefully do his job, he made a mistake and I am imagining the gawdawful crashing sound of a pair of Buddys falling down and how that would probably scare the bejeezus out of anyone, especially if it happened *right behind you*! Then, I can just imagine him looking around and then seeing some punk rocker dude's head-popping up and swivelling around to locate the source of this horrendous crashing sound-through a window, and then the whole punk rocker dude leaps up, confirming ownership of the property that you just crunched, and then he comes sprinting after ya...
Ok, forgive me if I am chuckling just a little bit at this mental image... It would probably take a lot of intestinal fortitude to NOT flee the scene.
That would have to be pretty scary. Add in some other things that folks, that are not part of the ethnic and/or linguistic majority, have to deal with, well, it could have gone much worse for the guy and to be afraid of that I can almost pity the guy... Almost.
The owner of the company is clearly to be commended. He handled it in a professional manner and it sounds like he will make sure that anything that needs to is taken care of appropriately.
-v
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Vic wrote:Having been in several situations where communication is an issue for me, I can understand the desire to run, a little.
I am not condoning the action, but I am picturing this dude who was just trying to peacefully do his job, he made a mistake and I am imagining the gawdawful crashing sound of a pair of Buddys falling down and how that would probably scare the bejeezus out of anyone, especially if it happened *right behind you*! Then, I can just imagine him looking around and then seeing some punk rocker dude's head-popping up and swivelling around to locate the source of this horrendous crashing sound-through a window, and then the whole punk rocker dude leaps up, confirming ownership of the property that you just crunched, and then he comes sprinting after ya...
Ok, forgive me if I am chuckling just a little bit at this mental image... It would probably take a lot of intestinal fortitude to NOT flee the scene.
That would have to be pretty scary. Add in some other things that folks, that are not part of the ethnic and/or linguistic majority, have to deal with, well, it could have gone much worse for the guy and to be afraid of that I can almost pity the guy... Almost.
The owner of the company is clearly to be commended. He handled it in a professional manner and it sounds like he will make sure that anything that needs to is taken care of appropriately.
-v
Yeah, that basically sums it up with one difference, he was running before he ever saw me. He was just running a LOT faster after he saw me :)
Tee Jay

Post by Tee Jay »

Kaos that was a pretty classy move in not threatening law suits and demand $ above and beyond your loss.

This is the way I've learned Scooterist's are!
Good Job!
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

illnoise wrote:With all due respect, Polianarchy, I'm taking it a step further and deleting ECS' post. It was just flat-out racist, hateful, and insensitive on several levels.
Nope. Not racist, not particularly hateful, although I'll accept "insensitive." I've had my fill of political correctness, so accusations of "insensitivity" don't bother me much.
illnoise wrote:Elm Creek Smith, I'll spare you my opinion,...
Too late. Remember? I'm "flat-out racist, hateful, and insensitive on several levels.'
illnoise wrote:...and the embarrassment of being reamed by the vast majority of MB members for your comment, please consider this a final warning.
I don't embarrass easy. You do what you have to do.

ECS

Bryan[/quote][/i]
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Elm Creek Smith wrote:
Too late. Remember? I'm "flat-out racist, hateful, and insensitive on several levels.'
That *wasn't* my opinion, that was a fact.

Political correctness es la ley on Modern Buddy. If you've had your fill, you're welcome to leave.

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

illnoise wrote:
Elm Creek Smith wrote:
That *wasn't* my opinion, that was a fact.
No, Bryan. That was and probably still is YOUR opinion. I have no doubt that there are others on this board who would disagree.
illnoise wrote:Political correctness es la ley on Modern Buddy. If you've had your fill, you're welcome to leave.

Bryan
Nah. That would be too easy for you. You'll have to throw me out.

BTW, your "private message" to me wouldn't open. Another message on the same subject with a different point of view did. How 'bout you shoot that thing to me again?

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

Elm Creek Smith wrote:Nah. That would be too easy for you. You'll have to throw me out.
Actually, the "ban" button is quite simple to use :wink:
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

maybe the landscaper thought it was Chuck Norris' scooter.

"If it looks like chicken, smells like chicken, and even tastes like chicken, but Chuck Norris says it beef, then it's f*c&in beef."
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

:fp:
ModBud #442
Keys

Post by Keys »

Kaos wrote: I'm gonna grab my camera and go find something to photograph. Thats how I usually blow off steam...
I have a heavy bag for that...

--Keys
"Life without music would Bb"