New and Filled with Questions

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pressurewave

New and Filled with Questions

Post by pressurewave »

Hello everyone! I'm considering very seriously purchasing a Buddy 125 in St. Petersburg FL (I live in Orlando which is nearly a 2 hour drive)...

The Buddy looks like a great scoot and I'm excited to pick one up... but I'm wondering... what voids the nifty 2 year warranty, according to the manual? If, for instance, you change your own oil, does that end the warranty? Is there a "first service" requirement that says you have to go to an authorized Genuine Dealer to get the first service for the scooter, or void the warranty?

it is frustrating having no Genuine dealer/service center in the area... almost enough so to stop me from buying the scooter if there are any crazy warranty requirements. Can't be making the 2 hour trek south every few months, you know?

Otherwise, I've heard so much about the good experiences people have had with this scooter, and it's great that genuine is getting these things out to dealers so fast!
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

HI- I think the dealer would be the best person to answer the question about the your warranty and service. I think you can change your own oil, or have someone else do it, but the 500 mile service may need to be done by the dealer. I would check the genuine website and see if there is a contact person who could tell you if a dealer in your area may be coming soon. it seem like more scooter shops are picking up Genuine. good luck. if you get buddy, you will love it, a ton of fun!