I need a quality 3 Snap FaceShield for my helmet

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lazygregg

I need a quality 3 Snap FaceShield for my helmet

Post by lazygregg »

its got the 3 buttons in the front for the faceshield. The faceshields i've been purchasing become hazy and cloudy after a few months even if kept under my helmet and cleaned with special cleaning solution for faceshield that the scooter shop tried...

any recommendations?

i like for it to be clear
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Which brands have you tried? My dealer sells the Fulmer and Z1R shields.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
lazygregg

Post by lazygregg »

i honestly am not sure which brand it is ive been getting from them..all i know is they get dirty and uncleanable over a few months...

do you have a link to the two you mentioned?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
juice

Post by juice »

The motorcycle superstore sells these , Bell Flip-Up Visor Shield for Shorty and R/T Helmets , they arn't great quality but they are cheap . I usually order several and get free shipping .
TVB

Post by TVB »

juice wrote:The motorcycle superstore sells these , Bell Flip-Up Visor Shield for Shorty and R/T Helmets , they arn't great quality but they are cheap . I usually order several and get free shipping .
I bought one of these. It's not actually Bell-branded, so I don't know if it's a knock-off or what. But the plastic is distorted at the top of my field of vision, the internal glare from headlights makes it a hazard to wear after dark, and the level of scuffing and scratching from everyday use has made it hazy to look through. I replaced it with a wrap-around 5-point face shield (for the Bell R/T) from Moto-Super, which is noticeably better on all three points. The only reason I've kept the flip-up is because it covers the lower face better, and I figure I'll want that when it gets cold.