Stella rabbitting

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Stella rabbitting

Post by ericalm »

Been having a minor problem lately, but it doesn't seem to be happening in any predictable or regular way.

Occasionally, when starting from a full stop, the Stella will surge forward, rabbiting slightly. It's mild enough that I can keep the bike under control. I know it's not me because it doesn't do it all the time and there's no difference in how I'm accelerating when it does/doesn't do it.

It was especially problematic last night, though, when I was stopped on a steep hill. It pitched forward a couple times and I thought might stall.

Could it just be the clutch cable acting up or slipping and needing adjustment or tightening?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Halloweenie

Post by Halloweenie »

sounds like your clutch cable needs to be tightened, use the barrel adjuster.
226 Vintage Hot Wing, GGR Hot Reeds, Mazzy Race Cut Crank, P200 filter, 128 Main, BJ Stack, Trailtech CHT

AAA-O Anything, Anytime, Anywhere, Bar None
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Yep...what hallo said. It's pretty normal for for new cables to stretch a little bit.

Turn the adjuster out. Adjust it so that you are making the total of the outer a little bit longer.

I would suggest buying a fourth hand tool

The barrel adjuster should do fine now...but your gonna need one of these sometime
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL