NBR, NSR: Hey Suzuki TU250 owners I have a question

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KCScooterDude

NBR, NSR: Hey Suzuki TU250 owners I have a question

Post by KCScooterDude »

I know there are a few Suzuki TU250 owners around here and I have a question.

Can one pop off the rear seat and mount a Givi topcase?

If anyone has a picture with the rear seat removed and/or the dimensions of (grab rail?) underneath I would appreciate it.
mattgordon

Re: NBR, NSR: Hey Suzuki TU250 owners I have a question

Post by mattgordon »

KCScooterDude wrote:I know there are a few Suzuki TU250 owners around here and I have a question.

Can one pop off the rear seat and mount a Givi topcase?

If anyone has a picture with the rear seat removed and/or the dimensions of (grab rail?) underneath I would appreciate it.

Damn, wish they were sold here in California :(
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

the rear seat on mine doesn't pop off. but mine is a 1998 Suzuki TU250X ultra classic

KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Diggin' the bars Gearhead, that's a nice bike!
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

Nice bike Gearhead.

Yeah, the new models have a two-part seat and I'm sure the back can be removed, but I'm not sure if you can affix a rack to it.

The 2009 models were a killer red color. The 2011 model is gray with some black on the tank and would look great with a Givi top case, I think. (No 2010 model).
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

BTW, I'm surprised that it's not available in California. It is a four-stroke fuel injected engine. Maybe the new model.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

I've looked around a bit, and so far have only been able to find topcase setups that require an adapter that attaches to the frame and places the case behind the rear seat. However, if you have clear access to the frame tube once the seat is removed, you might be able to come up with some sort of adhoc arrangement with electrical conduit clamps, sort of like agrogod's Roughhouse arrangement:

topic16501.html

If you wanted to go that route, I guess that you'd need to see if the top of the rear fender extends upward beyond the plane of the frame tubes.
fobbish

Post by fobbish »

The TU250 is my cup of tea! That's all I wanted to say.
paulmiller20

Re: TU250X

Post by paulmiller20 »

http://www.moto-log.com/catalog/autorim ... l#page=112 is a link to a Japanese catalog showing a rear rack. Someone has put a small Givi case on one ... says works fine.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Suzuki_TU ... 7/pic/list shows a rack made to fit where passenger seat removed ... also from same catalog.
KCScooterDude

Re: TU250X

Post by KCScooterDude »

paulmiller20 wrote:http://www.moto-log.com/catalog/autorim ... l#page=112 is a link to a Japanese catalog showing a rear rack. Someone has put a small Givi case on one ... says works fine.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Suzuki_TU ... 7/pic/list shows a rack made to fit where passenger seat removed ... also from same catalog.
Thanks for the links! I hope Suzuki begins offering some accessories. That would just about clinch it for me. I'm also considering an S40. bluecollerchoppers.com offers a cool bobber kit for it. I really like the looks of the TU250. Looks a lot like th GS550 I had, but with fuel injection and a more fuel efficient engine. Just about perfect for what I need.
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

KRUSTYburger wrote:Diggin' the bars Gearhead, that's a nice bike!
KCScooterDude wrote:Nice bike Gearhead.
thanks guys... what would make it look even better if i deleted the seat and got a real cafe racing seat 8)