what gives with Givi?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jasondavis48108

what gives with Givi?

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Why does Givi offer so much more options for the European market than it does for the US market? I've been looking for a side case for the sh150i and Givi has a right side mounting bracket (part # P205) listed on thier UK site but not thier USA site. I found one on ebay, but the company only sells them with a hardcase and I actually want the mounting bracket so I can use thier T450 trolley for work. Does anyone know whether US dealers would have access to this part or if I'd have to go through a UK or Canadian dealer to aquire it?
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Best advice I can offer is get a part number and give one a call. I personally can't see any reason they wouldn't, but you might have to wait a while as it wouldn't be in their regular restock shipments.

Scooters just aren't as popular in the US as they are everywhere else in the world. Here they're lumped in with motorcycles and classified as recreational vehicle, not something you need to pack up with work gear, rain gear, spare gloves or other various accoutrements. We've got gas guzzlin SUV's for that!
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

You should be able to get just about anything from your local dealer. If you don't have a local source, twistedthrottle.com is a very good source for Givi. I think they sell just about everything Givi makes.
jasondavis48108

KCScooterDude wrote:You should be able to get just about anything from your local dealer. If you don't have a local source, twistedthrottle.com is a very good source for Givi. I think they sell just about everything Givi makes.
thanx, I've contacted twisted throttle to see if they can get it. I looked on thier website and its not listed but hopefully they have access to the part.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
jasondavis48108

well twisted throttle said they couldn't source the part but I was able to contact an ebayer from canada who had just the bracket. total was about $90.00 with shipping so hopefully it will be here soon. Now I just have to wait till I get paid again so I can get the Givi T450 trolley :D