Is the Blur legal in California?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tee Jay

Is the Blur legal in California?

Post by Tee Jay »

Does anyone know if any Blur's have been delivered to California? Since I maybe jumping ship from the Stella 4T I just was pondering the switch. Is it CARB legal? On a side note. The PGO scooter website has a scooter called the "X-Hot 150i" a fuel injected 150 with Brembo disk brakes. Anyone know how to order the brakes? The Brembo site doesn't list them.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I believe I heard that the new Blurs are stuck waiting for approval for California emissions testing, but I have little doubt they'll pass with flying colors. They just need to get to the point where they perform the tests.

As for the Bremo brakes, there's lots of places you can order them, you just have to know which ones to order. If you're thinking about it for the Blur (either version) there's other, much better places you could spend you money (like a custom seat, lol) than the brakes.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Agree, try the standard brakes and if you need more, you must be a GP rider on a closed track. Still, tweaking is fun, but these babies stop that thing enough to throw you over the front, seriously.

As far as I've heard, they are waiting on CARB approval, but at least they got the Blur submitted on time. Eric will update us here, I'm sure.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
davelhunter

Yes it is.

Post by davelhunter »

Yes. It is C.A. legal. It has the 50 state emissions label. I have mine registered here in C.A. I just got my title in the mail last week.
lipcrkr

Re: Yes it is.

Post by lipcrkr »

davelhunter wrote:Yes. It is C.A. legal. It has the 50 state emissions label. I have mine registered here in C.A. I just got my title in the mail last week.
Still can't find a new Blur in So.Cal. Still waiting patiently.
davelhunter

Ca dealers don't have them

Post by davelhunter »

You won't find one in Ca. None of the dealers in Ca have them. I got tired of waiting so I just picked one up in Arizona.
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

Interesting.

Relatively easy to get here in Texas. I imagine shipping one wouldn't be too bad. My dealer here had two since June. I bought the first one, and he's got the gray one just sitting there waiting for a buyer.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Regarding Brembos:

viewtopic.php?t=4085&highlight=brembo

This user "smellybumlove" was banned and to be honest I'm not sure why, but Eric insisted he had his reasons, so I'm fine with that. He's still around, selling parts on ebay and many of us Blur folks have bought from him. He's been reputable in that regard, and a good source of information.

Note that I specifically asked about the legitimacy of brand names on scooter parts, and he insists they're mostly legit. I'm a little suspicious of this, but it's possible. I wonder if Brembo (like Grimeca and Bitubo) license their name to cheaper manufacturers for second-and-third-world markets. The discs and shocks on a Stella are (legally) labeled bitubo/grimeca, but I've always heard they're made in India under license, so they're probably not on par with the european-made components (but who knows? Maybe all Bitubos are made in India, who can keep up with any of this?)

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

illnoise wrote:Regarding Brembos:

viewtopic.php?t=4085&highlight=brembo

This user "smellybumlove" was banned and to be honest I'm not sure why, but Eric insisted he had his reasons, so I'm fine with that. He's still around, selling parts on ebay and many of us Blur folks have bought from him. He's been reputable in that regard, and happy to share information, though you might want to take some of it with a grain of salt, as with any information I guess.

Note that I specifically asked about the legitimacy of brand names on scooter parts, and he insists they're mostly legit. I'm a little suspicious of this, but it's possible. I wonder if Brembo (like Grimeca and Bitubo) license their name to cheaper manufacturers for second-and-third-world markets. The discs and shocks on a Stella are (legally) labeled bitubo/grimeca, but I've always heard they're made in India under license, so they're probably not on par with the european-made components (but who knows? Maybe all Bitubos are made in India, who can keep up with any of this?)

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
davelhunter

Yes it is legal in California right now!

Post by davelhunter »

Whatever the problem was with the state of C.A./EPA I was told was fixed on Wednesday. NoHo (North Hollywood) scooters has one on the way that will be in stock next week in silver for those of you in Southern California! I was told Genuine only has 3 right now and they are going to the best dealers in C.A. I heard one in L.A., one in San Diego, and one in San Francisco.