Blur Sticky's - and questions

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bicyclerider

Blur Sticky's - and questions

Post by bicyclerider »

I think it's time, whoever is in charge of the Blur Forum,
to please organize the Blur "How To" for new owners.

change the oil, gear oil - lube areas
light bulbs - list of numbers/cross refs. - replacement types
how to replace the seat cover
tips
tricks
hop ups
other pics of interest for new owners-ie the new recent pics of the hop up parts avail.

also some questions:
Is there a way to adjust the pre-load on the rear suspension coil?
and is there a way to adjust the front fork compliance?
(On my mountain bike fork I can adjust pre-load and the amount of 'ground' that the fork absorbs -if this make sense to anyone)
is this possible? with these types of scooter forks? are they just oil? or oil/air sealed design.

also, are those LED lights in the up left/right corners of the headlight area?
Anyone know the voltage on those? and model/size?
I am going to improve the lighting on my Blur and was checking things out today.

thanks to all that can help!
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Blur Sticky's - and questions

Post by illnoise »

bicyclerider wrote:I think it's time, whoever is in charge of the Blur Forum,
I'm a moderator, I'll try to figure it out, though I'm not sure if ordinary moderators have that power, if not I'll get it organized and ask Jess to "sticky" it.

bicyclerider wrote: Is there a way to adjust the pre-load on the rear suspension coil?
and is there a way to adjust the front fork compliance?
(On my mountain bike fork I can adjust pre-load and the amount of 'ground' that the fork absorbs -if this make sense to anyone)
is this possible? with these types of scooter forks? are they just oil? or oil/air sealed design.
Yes, many scooters have adjustable shock preload, but as far as I can tell, there's no simple way to adjust preload on the Blur front or rear suspension. Other people may have ideas, and I'd love to hear them, though it's pretty well-set-up for me as is.
bicyclerider wrote: also, are those LED lights in the up left/right corners of the headlight area?Anyone know the voltage on those? and model/size? I am going to improve the lighting on my Blur and was checking things out today.
I don't think anyone's solved that mystery yet, ha.

The lights always seemed kind of dim to me in the city, but I did some rural-pitch-black night riding and the lights were great, and managed to attract every bug in the county to my visor.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.