I'm a Scooter Snob....

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

glamourgirrrl

I'm a Scooter Snob....

Post by glamourgirrrl »

I work in outside sales so I'm on the road alot. I have this thing going where if I see a scooter (any scooter) I yell "scooter sighting" and smack whoever is close to me. (kinda like slugbug) Anyways a few of my co workers have gotten in one this and send me pix of their scooter sightings. This one guy sends one and is like it's the cutest scooter you're going to love it. I open the picture and it's a pink chinese piece of you know what. So I respond that it's not my thing. Now I'm labeled the scooter snob! :cry: I really am happy for everyone that wants to ride buuuutttt please don't compare that to my Buddy or my Stella! So i pose the question are you a scooter snob?
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Absolutely I am! And I make no apologies for it :)

I'm the goto guy for scooter info for a lot of my friends, and have been asked multiple times how much my Buddy cost, When I tell them(Well the price BEFORE the mods...) they usually choke a little and say, "But you can get the same bike for $700 at the local sporting goods store?!"

I usually just laugh at them. It then leads to a long lecture about junk scooters, which they sometimes get and sometimes don't. I then almost always get, "But you're not going to ride it that much anyway, who cares if it blows up in 1000 miles...." I just point at the 30k miles on my odometer.

I'll take my snobbery any day :)
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Anyone who says they're not a snob just hasn't met the right (wrong) scooter yet, ha.

Modern Vespa started because the BBS was too snobby, Modern Buddy started because Modern Vespa was too snobby, and, I dunno, ATVrider people probably think we're snobby. And someone thinks they're snobby.

And ModernBuddy2 certainly does. I wonder how that's going for him, heh?

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

illnoise wrote:
And ModernBuddy2 certainly does. I wonder how that's going for him, heh?

Bryan
Heh! I'd forgotten about THAT whole drama...
TVB

Re: I'm a Scooter Snob....

Post by TVB »

I am not a snob.
I'm too good for that.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

I wouldn't say i'm a scooter snob, to me that means I don't have any respect for people that ride something other than what I do.
I'm all about people riding what ever they chose, but I have no problem telling somebody what they might be getting into, and what mistakes they are gonna make by buying a piece of crap.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Keys

Post by Keys »

Of course I'm a scooter snob! Whenever a Harley rider asks me why I don't ride a Harley, I just answer; "Why would I? EVERYone has a Harley. That makes it a fad and fads are for people with no imagination."

I've yet to get an argument...

---Keys
"Life without music would Bb"
ERik3tb

Post by ERik3tb »

Keys wrote:Of course I'm a scooter snob! Whenever a Harley rider asks me why I don't ride a Harley, I just answer; "Why would I? EVERYone has a Harley. That makes it a fad and fads are for people with no imagination."

I've yet to get an argument...

---Keys
+1

Since the Yamaha shop closed down, that's all I have seen here. Even before hand, all I was seeing were a few bullet bikes and a ton of Harley
Heroism is being scared as hell and saddling up anyways - John Wayne
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Of course I am! Why else do you think I ride a Vespa while my partner usually rides our Buddy? I don't know how to explain the Ural. That is sort of Siberian reverse snobbery I think.
DutchIV

Post by DutchIV »

Well I've got 3 Vespas so that kinda indicates snobbery, but it also shows my marque loyalty.

And yes when I tell them a new GTV is about $7,500 their eyes kinda glaze over. :D
'07 Vespa GTV - Damfino
'06 Vespa LX 150
'56 Vespa
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

I prefer the term "elitist" but guilty as charged!
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Why should one be labelled a snob simply for being appalled at others' lack of sense and good taste?
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

I am not a snob. I am a scooter connoisseur :P
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Stormswift wrote:I am not a snob. I am a scooter connoisseur :P
You need to make this your sig. Its perfect. :D
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

:lol: Done
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
NASRA

Post by NASRA »

I respect scooters for what they are, not what I want them to be. 8)
Amerivespa Indy 2015.
Scooterists start your engines!

#AVINDY15
Leif

Post by Leif »

I am. After having a "bad" scoot the confidence that my scoot will start every morning I go to work allows me to be a bit of a snob.
malakai

Not a snob

Post by malakai »

A scooter snob is like a racist. They like one type of color and for the sake of this question, a certain type of scooter. I say; I may not buy a xxx or yyy, I would love to buy a vvvv , but what the heck, everyone is entitled to buy ...whatever they please. And I bought what I could afford, which is the Buddy. That doesn't give me reason to be a snob, on the contrary, I would liek to see more people riding scooters, no matter what color, style or price range, as long as they pass regulations.

Everyone is entitled to buy

1) what they can afford or want to spend

and/or

2) whatever they like

It's their money, their time, their life, their butt at the hard or soft seat, etc

Some people may laugh at less expensiVe scooters, but I am sure that many other people are laughing at us because we ride Buddys;that's a fact. I still have a friend bugging me to buy a Vespa and he hasn''t succeeded, not until he handles it on a silver platter to me. That's life. I don't like ”snobbying“ anyone for a watch, car or house, not even for a scooter.
White, 2009 125 Buddy !
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Like a racist eh? Harsh. I think snob in this context is comical not literal. I get what your sayin though.

Stormswift, you rock.
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I'd like to think I'm not a snob... I mean I don't look down on someone for riding a crappy scooter anyway. They are still people and I don't judge people based on stuff like that. If anyone asks me what kind of scoot is a good one, then I will break it down and explain country of origin and trusted brand names actually make a pretty big difference in this industry. Some people do their research and some don't. Some just don't care because they will probably ride it a couple weekends and try to start it up months later & when it doesn't work they will sell it. It seems for the most part Americans just think of scooters as toys rather than an actual legit form of transportation, so they don't bother to check into things like consumer reviews & reliability reports. Sorry... rabbit trail... What I meant to say is I will wave at or ride with anybody regardless of their choice of bike. :D
malakai

Not harsh, please

Post by malakai »

bigbropgo wrote:Like a racist eh? Harsh. I think snob in this context is comical not literal. I get what your sayin though.

Stormswift, you rock.
I did not mean it to sound harsh.., if you are referring to me. I understand the lighter use of the word ”snob“ also. I did not mean it that way. It is only similar in the elitist view that both positions assume. And my position doesn't got to say either that lesser priced scooter are bad or good or equal in value, that is for the users to assess. There are some that are bad and some that aren't,but I don't want to joke about those that cannot afford the high priced brands. One can get a lemon on any side of the street.
White, 2009 125 Buddy !
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

I'm cool with almost any type of bike. I don't particularly like junk scooters that leave a trail of smoke behind and the rider is either a complete jackass or is so clueless that they're creating a clusterf* for everyone on the road. They give all of "us" a bad name and reputation. If you act mature, have some sort of brain when you're riding, your whip doesn't put out smoke like a coal power plant, and you aren't a douchebag, then I like you already!

KRUSTY, I agree with what you said. They're not just toys or recreational vehicles, just like the bicycle has been stereotyped that way.

If a chinese crap scooter is all you can afford, I'm not holding that against you. 2 of my pet peeves, motorcycles with extremely loud pipes revving their shit downtown when everyone is enjoying a quiet evening at a sidewalk cafe, and everyone calling my "BUDDY" a Vespa. It's not a damn Vespa you moron, there's not even a V anywhere on it!
malakai

Definitions

Post by malakai »

I also have a soft spot for nice and luxurious items. I have had some necessary lux items and some which were unnecessary. At the end of the day, they provide the same service, and you spend more just to have the pleasure of a moment, or a face turned your way with admiration, or people wanting to be with you for what you have. I don't appreciate that.

If that is the reason to buy a more expensive item, I guess I would be a snob. If I can afford it and really, really like the workmanship or reliability and service that the item provides, don't really care what people say one way or the other... why not? I wouldn't be a snob, would I? . If I do the previous and I throw it on people's faces, I am indeed a snob.

I have a soft spot for Vespas and not for let's say.. Harley Davidsons. No matter how good they say they are I don't like them, though I appreciate them form afar as one of the crowd of good MCs, without much enthusiasm. If I had all the money of the world, I wouldn't buy one... Maybe I would buy several brands of scooters -- and I would have one of each- and several MCs but not a Harley.
White, 2009 125 Buddy !
bigbropgo

Re: Not harsh, please

Post by bigbropgo »

malakai wrote:
bigbropgo wrote:Like a racist eh? Harsh. I think snob in this context is comical not literal. I get what your sayin though.

Stormswift, you rock.
I did not mean it to sound harsh.., if you are referring to me. I understand the lighter use of the word ”snob“ also. I did not mean it that way. It is only similar in the elitist view that both positions assume. And my position doesn't got to say either that lesser priced scooter are bad or good or equal in value, that is for the users to assess. There are some that are bad and some that aren't,but I don't want to joke about those that cannot afford the high priced brands. One can get a lemon on any side of the street.
I'm just giving you a hard time. Bustin ya chops. I get what your saying.

To be a real snob I think you have to go out of your way to make others feel inadequate for not thinking just like you. To create a feeling of being a lesser person and not worth anything. To give people a level of status based on monetary value.

Educating yourself and making a wise scooter purchase, and not allowing others to influence you otherwise, makes you smart. Not a snob. we are lucky to have a forum of people who look at the bigger picture. Scooters in general are fun. Come as you are. Rock what ya got.
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

outside sales - we rock (& ride cool scooters)
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

I really truly love my scooter. I do not put down other people''s rides. Maybe that is all they could afford to ride. Buddy is all I can afford and it was a risky Internet purchase from out of state. That is the only way I was able to buy an International model which I never even thought I could have when I first looked at Buddies. So having an Itallia is a big deal to me. Someone who has a Goldwiing or Bergman may be looking at my Buddy with disdain. That's OK. My bike kept up with one of those big scooters on a 55 mile ride and I know my Buddy is a nice scooter that is just right for me . It made a good impression on my friend with a much larger more powerful scooter. Maybe in a couple of years I would want something that is faster and has more engine power. We'll see.
Would I love to own an MP3? Sure. If Jay Leno decides to weed out his garage and gifts his MP3 to me - I will accept it with open arms, especially if he also throws in free freight :wink: . That would be the only way I would ever own something like that. Well, there is also George Clooney who is said to have a bike "flotilla" but I do not think Elizabeta would let him give away any of his costly possessions and the only bike of his that I would want is the trike.
Brad rides old bikes that break down so he can keep them and his bodyguards can keep getting hernias hauling the broken down "vintage" junk.
I'll keep riding whatever is within my abilities and my pocketbook. I just like riding. I can still look though :wink:
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

I'm not really a snob, I really don't care what anyone rides so long as I didn't pay for it. That being said I love my Buddy and I'm a bit of a honda fanboy :lol: I guess I prefer the terms scooter enthusiast, zealot, or freak rather than snob. This could be because I associate the term snob with folks like Paris Hilton and I kinda hate her just a little bit :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

i am not a snob, but i do care a little bit about what I ride, if not others. i think if a person is a weekend rider or an occasional rider they can get a cheap china scoot and be happy with it. but if you need something which will fire up and travel reliably four or five times a week or more, investing a little more upfront can save you headaches, time, and money down the road. so potential buyers should know that

as long as i feel i have a good quality scooter based on my budget, commuting needs, and requirements for power and practical purposes, i will feel good about my scooter and let others feel good about their own. i just don't want to be the one breaking down on a cheap scoot during a group ride, or pulling up to a line of parked Vespa's on a TNG Lowboy. but a Lance Cali Classic would be ok, because i think the quality is there and i like it. so scooter snobs can bite me in that case. and it's pretty inexpensive, too. as opposed to "cheap." :)

MY first scoot is a Kymco Agility 125. some might say "cheap scoot" but i like it, the way it looks, and the way it performs. it's made by Kymco which has a good rep for quality, and isn't trying to be "vintage." its just a simple, sporty looking scoot that cost me $1600 "out the door," total price with a two year warranty

thats a scooter i can live with very, very well :)

scooter snobs notwithstanding
dawg onit

Post by dawg onit »

This thread was so light hearted last time I checked in. I waited to figure out a comical way to say I too am a snob. Wow, we all know its not about what you ride. But there are valid points to be made in scooter preference. Would you tell your homie to buy one of these chinese scoots with no real warranty (only advertised , not real).

What I mean is I concur we should give respect to everybody on two wheels. & give good advise to anybody asking. So put me in the snob category because I would not be impressed by a scooter that was designed to visually impress but not perform like the scooters (there are many in here that enjoy more than just the Genuine brand) we all promote and personally ride.

Glam, you have a true passion. You don't just buy to be cool, you create what you want and I totally respect that. Snob away i say, and I will snob with you. You are some (other) people.

Sometimes I talk too much, I respect everybodies veiw.
glamourgirrrl

Post by glamourgirrrl »

Dawg,

You rock!! This was meant to be a "funny" post. More than anything, I just wanted to bring up how we get locked into what we think is the coolest, best, or whatever. Again I think if you're riding and having fun then that's all that matters. When I'm out on the road and I see a scooter I smile. When I'm on the road and I see a Buddy or a Stella I
grin from ear to ear. If the Buddy or Stella is Pink I FREAK out. What can I say I like what I like. Five months ago I didn't know what a Buddy or a Stella was so what do I know anyway....
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Here in Ann Arbor there are quite a few Buddies. Although I've yet to see a Black Jack on the road here even though my dealer has sold quite a few of them. On the other hand I've yet to see another sh150 which to be honest I kind of dig even though I know its lack of popularity will mean a lack of aftermarket support in the states. I guess theres always europe :)
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
ilektron

Post by ilektron »

I'll be a snob once Walmart and Toys-R-Us starts selling scooters next to the bikes...

Actually, I take that back. I am already a snob. I live in a more rural community where there is a pretty large Harley and large truck community. There is also an electric scooter that looks goofy because that the guy rides on the side of the road (because it doesn't go fast enough to keep up with traffic). I look down on that scooter because I'm really trying to change the scooter's image here.
Dad, I know everything.
- 3y/o Son
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

whatever :roll: im to awesome to answer cya :lol:
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

ilektron wrote:I'll be a snob once Walmart and Toys-R-Us starts selling scooters next to the bikes...

Actually, I take that back. I am already a snob. I live in a more rural community where there is a pretty large Harley and large truck community. There is also an electric scooter that looks goofy because that the guy rides on the side of the road (because it doesn't go fast enough to keep up with traffic). I look down on that scooter because I'm really trying to change the scooter's image here.
Umm, where have you been? :) They sell scoots at stores like that already. I could walk into any BestBuy, KMart, or whatever they're calling GIJoes these days and walk out with a scooter.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

dawg onit wrote:This thread was so light hearted last time I checked in. I waited to figure out a comical way to say I too am a snob. Wow, we all know its not about what you ride. But there are valid points to be made in scooter preference. Would you tell your homie to buy one of these chinese scoots with no real warranty (only advertised , not real).

What I mean is I concur we should give respect to everybody on two wheels. & give good advise to anybody asking. So put me in the snob category because I would not be impressed by a scooter that was designed to visually impress but not perform like the scooters (there are many in here that enjoy more than just the Genuine brand) we all promote and personally ride.

Glam, you have a true passion. You don't just buy to be cool, you create what you want and I totally respect that. Snob away i say, and I will snob with you. You are some (other) people.

Sometimes I talk too much, I respect everybodies veiw.
Well said! And I'm feeling a new club forming... along the lines of SPAZ or Dead Bunny or whatever... someone get started on that patch and decal!!!
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

I give props to pretty much everybody that rides, no matter what they ride, as long as they are doing so PROPERLY.

A few days ago I was riding home and saw somebody riding a Chinascoot ON THE SIDEWALK, which is not a terribly uncommon sight. Of course, no safety gear, and the person is not even really checking the side streets they are crossing.

I wanted to throttle some sense into them, and point out there are much more likely to injure somebody, including themselves, by riding on the sidewalk. People aren't looking for somebody on the sidewalk going 30 mph when they pull out to turn, or when a pedestrian steps out to take a walk.

GET ON THE FREAKING ROAD. If you can't handle the bike on the street, don't ride.

This is the kind of crap that I don't like. If somebody wants to spend $$$ to keep a chinascoot going, so be it, I wish them the best, as long as they RIDE IT PROPERLY!
Valves are for wussies.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Anachronism wrote:I give props to pretty much everybody that rides, no matter what they ride, as long as they are doing so PROPERLY.

A few days ago I was riding home and saw somebody riding a Chinascoot ON THE SIDEWALK, which is not a terribly uncommon sight. Of course, no safety gear, and the person is not even really checking the side streets they are crossing.

I wanted to throttle some sense into them, and point out there are much more likely to injure somebody, including themselves, by riding on the sidewalk. People aren't looking for somebody on the sidewalk going 30 mph when they pull out to turn, or when a pedestrian steps out to take a walk.

GET ON THE FREAKING ROAD. If you can't handle the bike on the street, don't ride.

This is the kind of crap that I don't like. If somebody wants to spend $$$ to keep a chinascoot going, so be it, I wish them the best, as long as they RIDE IT PROPERLY!
Yeah, thats not just a chinascoot thing though... I saw a guy on a Vino 125 with no gear (not even the legally required helmet) riding in the bike lane yesterday. For some reason that steams me more than anything.
jperkins

Post by jperkins »

its been i while since i poseted but i was under the impression modernbuddy hade rules about bickering over gear (to wear a helmet or not)
• Helmet laws and whether the should/should not exist (the cause of many past flame wars)
MB Member #322
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Jperkins, i believe the problem was the riding in the bike lane, and if it's illegal to not have a helmet on then really there's nothing to bicker about right? I don't believe this post or thread had any of that in it?
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Kaos wasn't making a judgement on helmet laws, he was making a comment about people that choose to ignore laws and give scootering a bad name.

If one does not like helmet laws, one is welcome to fight them or protest them (though not on Modern Buddy, ha). But one is *not* entitled to ignore them or purposefully violate them.

Modern Buddy policy is to respect and promote choice WITHIN the specifications of legal scootering, whether we agree with the laws or not. Calling out/complaining about scofflaws is permitted here, as far as I'm concerned, maybe Eric feels differently, and he's the boss.

All of you people modifying your scooters are only riding them on the track or private property, right? : )
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Wheelz wrote:Jperkins, i believe the problem was the riding in the bike lane, and if it's illegal to not have a helmet on then really there's nothing to bicker about right? I don't believe this post or thread had any of that in it?
Yeah, I wasn't talking about the personal preference aspect of it. In Oregon its the law to wear it. This guy was violating a lot of laws all at once and riding in a manner that makes the rest of the scooter community look bad.
Illnoise wrote: All of you people modifying your scooters are only riding them on the track or private property, right?
All my mods are street legal :P Well, except the dubiously legal Prima pipe... But thats gone now that I've got the GTS motor in my bike. :D
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Wheelz wrote:Jperkins, i believe the problem was the riding in the bike lane, and if it's illegal to not have a helmet on then really there's nothing to bicker about right? I don't believe this post or thread had any of that in it?
Nope no bickering. It was just an item in a list of illegal actions, not a approval or disapproval of a personal choice.

This thread was funny until I was the buzzkill. And now where is it headed.? :?
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Oh you just shut up Bigbro! ya racist, no helmet wearing, rabble rouser!
Wait you don't even have a Genuine, i shouldn't even be talking to you
:P :lol: :P
easy

Post by easy »

got 2b china scoot snob. You cant ride with them and come out okay. 1 they breakdown and spend the rest of the best scooter day of the year helping wrench. 2 they breakdown and now your ahole because you didnt stop and help. 3 they dont breakdown and ask you how much your buddy cost.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Wheelz wrote:Oh you just shut up Bigbro! ya racist, no helmet wearing, rabble rouser!
Wait you don't even have a Genuine, i shouldn't even be talking to you
:P :lol: :P
Holy crap! :rofl: :rofl:

You are technicaly correct on the absence of a genuine badge. But some of the genuines have parts with the pgo logo on them. That gives me a free get outta jail card. :lol: besides, I may be a hooligan but I ain't no rabble rouser.
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
JunkyardDog

Post by JunkyardDog »

Yes, I would have to say I am am both a scooter and motorcycle snob, but I don't ride a Vespa or a Harley. Truth is, I can't afford them, at least not nice ones. And all my bikes are nice, to me they are part of the family. I own a Genuine Stella, a Yamaha Vino 125, and am about to buy either a Buddy 125 or 150. The Vino will be going to my oldest daughter, after racking up 13,000 completely trouble free miles. It still runs and looks like new. All my bikes, and some of them have some very high mileage, still look and run like new. That's because they mean something to me, and it goes beyond the huge piles of cash I shelled out for them. They have an important place in my life, and I take care of them.

That's why I have a serious issue when someone says "it's just a scooter". Maybe you are not a scooter person, and would be better off with a car. Jerry.

OBTW, IMO, Chinese scooters don't even deserve to be called scooters. If you have one, and want to bang it up a little, go right ahead. They are cheap disposable transportation devices, and you will be buying a new one soon. BUT, for someone who doesn't care about or take care of their scooter, they might be the best thing. Kinda hard to damage something that's already junk.
ilektron

Post by ilektron »

Kaos wrote:I could walk into any BestBuy, KMart, or whatever they're calling GIJoes these days and walk out with a scooter.
I'm not friends with people that could walk out of KMart with a scooter. :D
::nose upturned::

Oh wait! You'd be walking anyway! :lol:
Dad, I know everything.
- 3y/o Son
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I am very particular about my own choices and have many snobbish tendencies, but I don't think believing some scooters are qualitatively better than others or having personal preferences in the style or make of scooters you prefer is snobbery. It sure as heck isn't equivalent to racism. Not all scooters are created equal. Okeh.

That doesn't really give anyone the right to be a dick about it, though.

Thinking less of other people for what they ride is as snobby as it gets. Judging someone for what they ride is about as sensical as judging them for what brand of shoes they're wearing.

Quite a few of my good friends drive either crappy or bland cars. Many dress rather plainly, like TV shows I can't stand, bands I don't listen to, and thought Avatar was a good movie. They're my friends and I really don't give a crap about that stuff (unless it's my wife, whose tastes I constantly ridicule and criticize but that's her fault for watching 90210). Why should I care what kind of scooter a total stranger rides?

But if someone emails me a pic of a crap scooter and says, "You'll like this!" I'll probably share my opinion of that machine.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

ericalm wrote:(unless it's my wife, whose tastes I constantly ridicule and criticize but that's her fault for watching 90210).
:fp:
dawg onit

Post by dawg onit »

ericalm wrote:....and thought Avatar was a good movie.
:rofl: :rofl: I tried to explain my opinion to my better half, " Its new, its blue, it sucks."