Blur performance lowndown forks?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

AZruckuspride

Blur performance lowndown forks?

Post by AZruckuspride »

I was wondering if there is somewhere to buy performance blur/g-max lowdown forks? Lowdown meaning that they are shorter.
Also can someone tell me the stock size of the blur rotor?
Example:
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Those look like the stock forks with a fancy paint job. If there's clearance, you could slide them up in the fork clamps a little to get you lower, I'd be careful not to go any further than the max fork compression or you could have a really bad day. That pic shows a forkbrace that looks exactly like the NCY version for the stock Blur forks.

The rotors I don't recall... maybe 180mm-200mm?
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

what is up your sleeve azruckuspride?!?! :twisted:
AZruckuspride

Post by AZruckuspride »

I'm working on the dual front disk set up...All my previous options are failing so it's back to the drawing board. If there are some upgrades or easy way to modify the stock shocks so that they aren't so long then I could use them on my buddy's ruckus. If I figure something out, would you be interested with your blur?

Anyone know the max travel distance of the stock forks?
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

The Blur has a single rotor up front, just in case you weren't aware. It'd suck to go digging into making it fit only to find out that you'd have to fabricate custom wheels when you weren't expecting to.
tbonestone

Post by tbonestone »

I've heard of people trimming a coil or two on the springs inside the forks. A dude with a zuma did it on the Totalruckus board. Looks awesome!
AZruckuspride

Post by AZruckuspride »

Lostmycage wrote:The Blur has a single rotor up front, just in case you weren't aware.
Yes I did know that, let me let you guys enter into my mind so you can envision my craziness. :twisted:

This is a little project that tokyo parts did and mine would be the same concept...

The wheel, I would use the original blur wheel.

The adapter: I would make an adapter similar to this but to fit the blur rotor. I would first drill all the way through the wheel where the rotor bolts go and then partially through the back of the rotor adapter and then thread all of what I have drilled out and run a grub screw through the original wheel into the adapter so that the adapter is placed firmly against the wheel. I would need two left hand forks as well.

Grub screw: As you can see it is tightened with an allen wrench.

Last but not least I would need a 16mm master brake cylinder and the cables to go with it.
Last edited by AZruckuspride on Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

noooooo!!!!!!!!!!! I can't see the last several pics :cry:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
AZruckuspride

Post by AZruckuspride »

The 16mm master cylinder

The brake lines
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I think I get what you're getting at, which is a neat concept, as long as you have some good rated bolts. The question remains of how you'd mount the left caliper to the forks.

As far as the images not working... I'm confused. The "img" tag needs an actual image file extension at the end, but when I copy the URL and open it, it shows an image just fine... I don't think I've seen an image page without an extension before, which I suspect is the issue with the forum software's limitations. That's just a guess, thought.

Try using the "preview post" before actually posting. That way you can see if it's going to look the way you want it to. You can then just put a link to the pic you're after if it won't display with the [img] tag.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

It looks like it's a PHP code to hide the actual URL of the photo to prevent embedding. (And it worked!) When I click on the photo to "View in new window" it doesn't give me that option.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
AZruckuspride

Post by AZruckuspride »

Lostmycage wrote:I think I get what you're getting at, which is a neat concept, as long as you have some good rated bolts. The question remains of how you'd mount the left caliper to the forks.
I will find some grade 8 bolts for sure, nothing cheap. As far as the caliper they make the same type of caliper the blur uses for the left and right. I would just use two forks with identical caliper mounts.
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

are you planning on doing endos on the ruck? haha wow this is crazy
AZruckuspride

Post by AZruckuspride »

No endos, I would like to use the stock forks if possible. Maybe lower them.
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

call scooterworks and ask them how much they are. Composimo should be able to lower them