NBR, someone went on a rant, Harley-related

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Stormswift

NBR, someone went on a rant, Harley-related

Post by Stormswift »

From our local Craiglist. Someone "lost it" with Harley riders, so for all of your reading pleasure:
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/2001774183.html
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
Vic

Post by Vic »

:shock:
crackhead

Post by crackhead »

Sweet. Glad it was someone else's rant. I'm usually the one going off.

Refreshing.
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

love it :twisted:
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Best of Craigslist flagged :P

Tell us what you really think, 6-time Ironbutter!
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

Nice. Can we do sports bikes next, huh? Can we, huh, can we.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Pretty funny. All truth.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

gr8dog wrote:Nice. Can we do sports bikes next, huh? Can we, huh, can we.
:headache:
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

Just because he doesn't look good in assless chaps, he has to throw a hissy fit.

On an MC forum I hang out at (sportbike forum), people put up threads every so often about the lack of gear on the squids. Most of the regulars tell them that it's none of their concern. Who cares what you wear when you ride? If you don't go ATGATT, then that's your choice. If you want to dress like a pirate, it's still your choice. All that you're obligated to do is follow the law, which is a helmet for most of the states. Why people get so upset over how other people do ANYTHING is somewhat perplexing. When people do stuff that actually affects those around them in a negative way, then yeah, let's burn them at the stake. But if no one is being harmed or inconvenienced because of someone else's stupid behavior, then why the hell should anyone care?
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Bahleted. :cry: Anyone have a screencap?
ModBud #442
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

There was a funny Harley-related post on Craigslist in Kansas City a while back. The poster wanted to trade (a pickup truck, I think) for a Harley. Several times during the post, and I mean half of it at least, he wrote that he didn't want a Sportster with the eloquence of a true idiot. It went something like this:

"Don't waste my time with no Sporsters....I don't want no Sportster....I won't even look at no Sportster" etc.

I have nothing against Harleys, but I do find it funny that many of Hartley riders consider Sportsters to be girls bikes or not a true Harley. They are, in fact, one of the most iconic products in American history (Produced for more than 50 years) and the fastest Harley you can buy. Also, a pretty good value for a motorcycle (at least the 883 version) from a manufacturer that in my opinion charges way too much for its product (though they do it because until very recently, they could).
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Repost, here you go:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Wow, you mean all I have to do to become a poser wanna-be-badass is buy a couple of rings and dress up like a pirate? Shiver me timbers and blow the man down!!

I've been riding over 35 years and honestly never felt the need to have a machine try to make me into someone else. I've ridden the Ironbutt 6 times and never told anyone else, it's my business. I own nearly a dozen different bikes including a Fatbob so it's not that I'm a harley hater.

Most of you guys playing dress-up don't know the first thing about riding and being able to control your bike. Most of you fools wouldn't even know how to powerslide your bike out of trouble yet you'll spend thousands trying to present a image of some kind of badass when in fact, you're just another unskilled rider wearing little to no protection. How many times have we all heard them say "I had to lay it down", what morons. You NEVER "lay down" a motorcycle, unless of course you don't know how to ride and control it. When you say that everyone else thinks to themself, "this guys an idiot". Most of the "pirates" also think "loud pipes save lives", you never see them looking around them as they ride, nope...they just stare straight ahead...then get TEE-BONED by the 22 y/o girl on her cellphone. LOOKING saves lives. You don't realize that no one but you thinks you're so cool so they aren't even paying attention....and that's why you end up roadkill. "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From unknown oldie on Baltimore graiglist
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

Ha Ha Ha!!!!

Wouldn't be so funny without any truth to it.............
so tough, so pink
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

I'm pretty much in agreement with rsrider on this issue. However, like it or not, there are consequences to the manner in which you present yourself to others, and they're not always what you had envisioned. Case in point: making a good impression for the one and only time in my life resulted in marriage.