amazing

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JoshWED

amazing

Post by JoshWED »

how prime driving season correlates with a precipitous drop in posting
Halloweenie

Post by Halloweenie »

I ride year round, as long as the roads are passable, so I am still here.
226 Vintage Hot Wing, GGR Hot Reeds, Mazzy Race Cut Crank, P200 filter, 128 Main, BJ Stack, Trailtech CHT

AAA-O Anything, Anytime, Anywhere, Bar None
JoshWED

Post by JoshWED »

i also ride year round.

a while back I used to do a 15 mile commute every day on my 50cc. it used to get so cold, that I'd stop at mile 7 to eat at a pancake shop---otherwise I couldn't even twist the throttle my hands were so stiff!

:cry:
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Oh, haha, I thought you meant that everyone was out riding, not that they stopped riding since it got cold... It's finally cooling off enough here to not sweat while you're riding, so I'm having a blast! Been riding both of my scooters like crazy and a MC on the way! WOOT! I love winter riding!
Halloweenie

Post by Halloweenie »

I too am enjoying the cool weather, no more soaking my helmet in sweat!
226 Vintage Hot Wing, GGR Hot Reeds, Mazzy Race Cut Crank, P200 filter, 128 Main, BJ Stack, Trailtech CHT

AAA-O Anything, Anytime, Anywhere, Bar None
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

yeah, I figure the prime riding season here in Michigan isn't over for another month or two and even then we get breaks between snowstorms :lol: although my posting alwasy goes down once school starts and hence tons of prep work and grading, I hate grading :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

work work work work :(

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QO5dcW0P75M?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QO5dcW0P75M?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

agreed eric, this is why I need to get paid to ride :D

unfortunately I don't believe the U.S. even has a labor code for "scooter rider" sad really, theres even a labor code for "poet" but no scooter rider code. :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jasondavis48108 wrote:agreed eric, this is why I need to get paid to ride :D

unfortunately I don't believe the U.S. even has a labor code for "scooter rider" sad really, theres even a labor code for "poet" but no scooter rider code. :lol:
At the very least, I get to deduct almost all of my scooter expenses every year! :twisted:
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

ericalm wrote:At the very least, I get to deduct almost all of my scooter expenses every year! :twisted:
huh? HOW? :shock:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

KRUSTYburger wrote:
ericalm wrote:At the very least, I get to deduct almost all of my scooter expenses every year! :twisted:
huh? HOW? :shock:
I'm an independent contractor/self-employed and the scooters are my primary vehicles used for commuting to offices, meetings, etc. So parts, maintenance, etc. is all deductible. Also, I do work for Scooter Girls so going to rallies and associated expenses count as deductions. Not sure how it'll all work out with 2 scooters in use this year for commuting, but I still get to take a big chunk off. :mrgreen:
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

luckyyyyyyyy
craho

Post by craho »

Down here in Mobile, it feels like it is the perfect time for me to have bought my new Stella. I like the cooler weather since I am in full gear as a beginner.

But, ericalm, does this work the same for a scooter as it would for a car? I am also classified as self employed and since I am not reimbursed for mileage, I was planning to keep work miles in order to deduct. Never thought about parts. Thanks for the reminder.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Sure. If the scooter is your primary vehicle you can deduct it just as you would a car. That includes purchase price, accessories, gas, service, the whole deal.
JoshWED

Post by JoshWED »

pizza delivery boys will now happily file 1099s and pay taxes :lol:
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

also look into the tax deals i know i bought a new scoot last year and i could deduct the sales tax on my fedral taxes
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
tbonestone

Post by tbonestone »

you gotta have down time... Winter projects mean fresh fodder for the phallus measuring contest come spring when your stella is running 75mph or that rusty hulk in the garage comes out shiny and running under its own motor-vation.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

More than one way for a self-employed individual to deduct vehicle costs. One way is all costs associated with the vehicle if it is used only for business purposes, the second is to take a percentage of total costs based on percentage of total mileage used for business, the third is a charge per mile. The second and third choices require that you keep detailed mileage records, You'll want to read up on how this is handled for tax purposes and pick the alternative that works best for you.
craho

Post by craho »

I keep mileage in a fairly detailed (well, detailed enough) way. It is a habit. I used to be reimbursed for the mileage so I got in the habit, so I just carry it over and will deduct. Not as good in the end as getting the $.50 per mile but much better than nothing.