Rattlemybones MN

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mikalius

Rattlemybones MN

Post by mikalius »

Is anyone from here going to the Rattlemybones rally in Minnesota next month?

http://rattlemybones.com/
JokerJim

Post by JokerJim »

I am hauling Olive up to the "cities" for the RMB rally.

I already have received the T-shirt. I bought a patch and paid extra for the scavenger hunt.

I must say that having to pay extra for EVERYTHING (patch, scavanger hunt, show-n-shine etc.) has turned off some riders here that were interested in going.

Joker
Mmmmm Crab Rangoon
mikalius

Post by mikalius »

That's cool that your going. This is my first rally so i'm not sure how they used to do it. Is anyone else from here going?
DO3

Post by DO3 »

I'll be there as well. If I still have my Buddy I might bring it up for one of the rides, otherwise it'll be the Lambretta.

I'm pre-registered too, wanted the t-shirt ahead of time to help promote it.
mikalius

Post by mikalius »

Sounds good. I really thought there would be more people from here attending.
DO3

Post by DO3 »

dsleedesign will be there since he is organizing it, I'm sure Kevin K will be there as well. He seems to be very active locally (Minnescoota and TNR). There are a number of other MN members, hopefully more will show up.
350kmi

Post by 350kmi »

I'm going to try to make it up for the rally. I'm double booked, but working on getting that weekend free.
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

Not only will I be there, I'm helping out with the rally and leading a ride as well. This will be a very, very fun rally! I'll most likely be on the Vespa, so please come up and introduce yourself. Susan will have her Cream Buddy there as well.

There's going to be lots to do over four days. Check the website for full details.

If you're coming in from out of town and have questions about local attractions, please fell free to contact me. There's a lot of great places to eat in the Twin Cities.
-K
She rides: nothing yet
He rides: crappy 35 year-old Vespa (and 70cc Rattler)

Minnesota Motorcyle Monthly

My SmugMug
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

I have some things going on and being that I'm right in south Mpls I'll try to get to some part of the event.....
BuddyLove

Post by BuddyLove »

I have been lurking for about 2 weeks now, just got a Buddy 2 weeks ago and I am planning on going. I just have to register. I am exceited to go to my first rally!!
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

OK, who else?

For the record, I am leading the Friday night ride for newer riders that haven't had much (or any) experience riding in groups. If this is you, I highly urge you to attend this ride. It will be informational as well as FUN! Just what a scooter ride should be!

We've been working on the big Saturday ride. We ran a couple routes last week and there are definitely a couple spots that will make you say "WOW."

The well-received Gymkhana is going to be a blast--as always! I can guarantee that participants and spectators alike will have a good time.

Less than two weeks and counting....
-K

My SmugMug
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

OK, serious show of hands--who's going?! It'll be a blast!
-K

My SmugMug
DO3

Post by DO3 »

Kevin,

I'll be there. I'm planning on bringing the lammy on your friday night newbie ride. I'll probably have to haul it up to the cities on the back of my Yukon though :( It's not as fast as the Buddy was and would take way too long to get there and then home after the ride. See ya there.
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

Oh yeah, almost forgot--THREE scooters will be raffled off this year. One of them is going to be a Genuine (rumor has it that it's going to be a tricked out Rattler 50).

http://www.rattlemybones.com/startpage.htm (click on "stuff")

OK, I'll shut up now. One day to go............
-K

My SmugMug
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

Sorry, but I can't resist another post. Genuine and Scooterville did infact donate a Rattler for Saturday night's raffle. It has a 70cc Malossi kit and a Prima pipe. They drew the lucky ticket and..................

I now need to make space for one more scooter in my garage! :D :D :D
Thanks to both Genuine and Scooterville!
-K

My SmugMug
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

Kevin K wrote:Sorry, but I can't resist another post. Genuine and Scooterville did infact donate a Rattler for Saturday night's raffle. It has a 70cc Malossi kit and a Prima pipe. They drew the lucky ticket and..................I now need to make space for one more scooter in my garage! :D :D :D
Thanks to both Genuine and Scooterville!
-K
You lucky dog! Enjoy it.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
Buddy_wannabe

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

... lucky you .... I like the looks of the Rattler.

How was the rest of it? ..... Rain kind of bad?
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

Thanks guys!

We had perfect weather Thursday and Friday. Saturday's Big Ride was on and off rain, but MANY scooterists braved the elements. The ride ended at Scooterville, who wisely had hot coffee waiting for us. The gymkhana went on as scheduled, although the boys had trouble keeping the Ring Of Fire (yes, you read that correctly) lit.

Sunday's ride was wet, but not as bad.
In a week, we'll start planning for 2008. Expect it to be on the second weekend of August.

And Hi to the owner of the SI with the license plate that reads OLIVE. Nice ride! Sorry we didn't get to chat.
-K

My SmugMug
JokerJim

Post by JokerJim »

I had a great time at RMB. Giving away 3 scooters was unbelievable.

OLIVE had never been out in the rain before. I am confident that if caught out in the rain now that I will be able to get home in one piece.

I bought a CRAVE CASE from White Castles.
Man, do i miss White Castles. Wish they were still here.

I plan on returning next year. Maybe some of the Mad Toto's will also make the trek north.

I wish more locals had shown up for the big ride. I was looking forward to being part of a 300 scooter ride.

Scooterville should really thrive at the new location. Thank you to all involved with the RMB planning. Great Rally.

Joker
Mmmmm Crab Rangoon
BuddyLove

Post by BuddyLove »

Olive was an awesome scoot! I loved the look of it.

After riding in the rain all weekend I have no fear of riding in the rain at all. Great weekend and a fun first rally, although I too was looking forward to riding with 300 scooterists.