A new Genuine Scooter is close, but you can't see it. Why?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

A new Genuine Scooter is close, but you can't see it. Why?

Post by jrsjr »

Because it's a Blur? :D
robotribe

Post by robotribe »

That's a good looking scooter. If it performs on a scale similar to what I've heard folks here describe the Buddy, but exponentially better at the 150cc level, then it's going to be hard to pass up. I'm a Vespa fan (obviously) first and foremost, but if the price is right, that could very well be my first "non-retro/sport" styled scooter—especially if Mike at NoHo carries those as well.

Now if the timing works out with my annual bonus… :twisted:
Scooter t-shirts that don't suck

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - H. Simpson
sparty

Post by sparty »

The top speed with the wind was only an indicated 55-60mph, but once I changed directions I could go 15mph faster and on the return trip was able to cruise between an indicated 70 and 77 most of the time.
so....speed wise, it's about the same (slightly better?) than Buddy huh. I wonder if it's a whole lot better than Buddy. It looks like it does have better brakes (front/back disc) and larger wheels.
Mike @ NoHo Scooters
Dealer

Sweet!

Post by Mike @ NoHo Scooters »

robotribe wrote:I'm a Vespa fan (obviously) first and foremost, but if the price is right, that could very well be my first "non-retro/sport" styled scooter—especially if Mike at NoHo carries those as well.
150 four valve sport scooter with dual disc brake! You better believe im carrying those. This will be the only bike in its class sold in the United States.

We have had customers who looked at a Kymco Super 9, but wanted a 150 version. I think the Blur will more than suit their needs.

Can't wait to see what else Genuine/PGO has in the works.
Mike Frankovich
NoHo Scooters
North Hollywood, CA
www.nohoscooters.com

Named "Best Scooter Shop" by Los Angeles Magazine in their 2009 Best Of LA issue!

www.twitter.com/nohoscooters
www.facebook.com/nohoscooters
www.youtube.com/nohomike
Robin

blur

Post by Robin »

What does it look like
robotribe

Re: blur

Post by robotribe »

Robin wrote:What does it look like
It looks like a badass Japanese cartoon vehicle come to life—the kind I used to dream about when I was 11:
Scooter t-shirts that don't suck

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - H. Simpson
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

robotribe wrote:
Robin wrote:What does it look like
It looks like a badass Japanese cartoon vehicle come to life—the kind I used to dream about when I was 11:
I still think it looks pretty badass... heh heh heh..
Attachments
blur-left-100.jpg
blur-left-100.jpg (91.43 KiB) Viewed 2224 times
sparty

Post by sparty »

jrsjr wrote: I still think it looks pretty badass... heh heh heh..
Nice... I like it! :D

The orange/black color scheme is so much better than the one in the other picture. Too bad I already have an Buddy 125 :-(

Do you know the price range for this thing?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

sparty wrote:Do you know the price range for this thing?
I'm sorry to tantalize you. The only thing I know right now is that on September 10th, I'm going to saddle up one of those little dudes at the beach in Pacific City, Oregon and ride east until the splashing sound I hear is me rolling into the Atlantic Ocean. :twisted:

Seriously, Genuine are working on distributing the info on the Blur soon.
Mike @ NoHo Scooters
Dealer

Post by Mike @ NoHo Scooters »

jrsjr wrote: I'm sorry to tantalize you. The only thing I know right now is that on September 10th, I'm going to saddle up one of those little dudes at the beach in Pacific City, Oregon and ride east until the splashing sound I hear is me rolling into the Atlantic Ocean. :twisted:
Thats funny since I was thinking the other day that it would be cool if someone did the Cannonball on a Blur.

I was supposed to do the first Cannonball, but I could not take time off. At least I got to support the riders at the end of the journey since the finish line was NoHo Scooters. Last year I had talked to STR about doing Cannonball '06 representing Kymco, but stopped planning when the preregistration was suddenly closed without notice. I have offered help to the Kymco sponsored riders, and I will offer you the same. I am sure the good folks at Genuine will take care of you though.

For those who dont know. I organised and rode on two Route 66 trips in 1999 and 2000 from Chicago to LA on vintage scooters. In 2002 I rode my '68 Vespa SS180 from Long Beach, California to Fairbanks, Alaska. My website with pictures is still up at www.scoot.org although I have not updated it in awhile.

I have been told by the Genuine folks that the Blur will be available very soon, so stay tuned...
Mike Frankovich
NoHo Scooters
North Hollywood, CA
www.nohoscooters.com

Named "Best Scooter Shop" by Los Angeles Magazine in their 2009 Best Of LA issue!

www.twitter.com/nohoscooters
www.facebook.com/nohoscooters
www.youtube.com/nohomike
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Mike @ NoHo Scooters wrote:I have offered help to the Kymco sponsored riders, and I will offer you the same.
Thank you for that!
Mike @ NoHo Scooters wrote:For those who dont know. I organised and rode on two Route 66 trips in 1999 and 2000 from Chicago to LA on vintage scooters. In 2002 I rode my '68 Vespa SS180 from Long Beach, California to Fairbanks, Alaska. My website with pictures is still up at www.scoot.org although I have not updated it in awhile.
The Alaska Highway! Fairbanks! :shock: I checked out the scoot.org site. Nice pix! Only two scooters made it to Alaska? What happened to the rest of the folks. I hope they're not decorating some grizzly bear's den somewhere!
Mike @ NoHo Scooters wrote:I have been told by the Genuine folks that the Blur will be available very soon...
Hope so! :wink:
Shellee

Post by Shellee »

The only thing I know right now is that on September 10th, I'm going to saddle up one of those little dudes at the beach in Pacific City, Oregon and ride east until the splashing sound I hear is me rolling into the Atlantic Ocean.
Hah! I knew it! :wink:
~ Shellee
Genuine Buddy 170
www.scooterdiva.com
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Shellee wrote:Hah! I knew it!
Yeah, you totally had my number all along. :wink:
Bert

Blur

Post by Bert »

I'm interested, but is it bigger, better, faster than Buddy? What are the facts? Does it have kick start as well as electric? Can you change a tire? Tube or tubeless?Is the mileage as good? Storage for a FF helmet? Do I have to have orange? Will parts be stocked in US?What are the carry accessories, or where do I put the groceries?
Last edited by Bert on Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Havn't scootered since '42
Shellee

Post by Shellee »

jrsjr wrote:Yeah, you totally had my number all along. :wink
Yup yup 8)

What kind of mods are they doing to it for the ride?
~ Shellee
Genuine Buddy 170
www.scooterdiva.com