JACKETS: Corazzo Speedway Mesh (It's All Good)

Product reviews. Read-Only.

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

twharton

JACKETS: Corazzo Speedway Mesh (It's All Good)

Post by twharton »

Mine arrived yesterday and I took a short ride after work. I live in Florida so although it's temperate right now it's usually swampy (hot/humid), at least 8 months out of the year with June - August only suitable for people who love to sweat.

I have shopped for armored jackets for over 1.5 years and given up on having comfort/coolness/safety and other than the Corazzo 5.0 figured I would have to settle for looking like a power ranger. Now comfort is relative here because during July-August you could ride nude and still get overheated. Anyway this past fall just as I was going to order the 5.0 (green / red), sharp looking IMHOP they ditched that color and came out with the Speedway Mesh. Fast forward a few months and now I own the Grey/Black stripe. Finally here's the comparison and why I am so stoked.

This past Sunday was Cloudless/Sunny/Mild. Temp was 66 with high (10-15mph) winds. I took a 30 mile RT ride across Pensacola Bay (3.5 mile bridge) and along a scenic road atop the bluffs overlooking the bay and back home. I was dressed in boots,jeans,long sleeved cotton tee shirt, light fleece jacket, denim jacket, gloves, full face AGV helmet and was comfortably warm the entire ride. Last night the temp was 68 with no wind. I had the same gear on and the pit zips were closed. I went for a 3 mile jaunt. I was CHILLY! But more important I felt truly armored. It's a great fit for me. I realize that I will be baking in the heat of summer but major props to Corazzo and their product.

Buy it!

Thanks for a great product Corazzo.
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"
Corsair

Re: Corazzo Speedway Mesh Review (It's All Good)

Post by Corsair »

twharton wrote: figured I would have to settle for looking like a power ranger.

HAHAHAHAHA!

great review by the way! How do their sizes fit? They are nice looking:
twharton

Post by twharton »

Size was great for me {L} what I always wear. I just know noticed there is a Review section (I was enlightened on the MV board) so will ask the moderators to move this. Oops. :oops:
twharton
Northwest, FL
hcstrider

Post by hcstrider »

Thanks for the Corazzo Speedway Mesh jacket review. I have that exact jacket, grey with the black mesh stripe so I am glad to hear that you were chilly riding in that jacket at 68 degrees. It will be a few months before Maryland starts getting hot and muggy but your review gives me hope that this jacket will be a good summer jacket.
Wayne
The safest rule, no ifs or buts
Just drive like everyone else is nuts! (Burma Shave)
twharton

And Highly Visible Too...

Post by twharton »

I wanted to add.... Last night my family and visiting spring breakers converged on our favorite local Italian bistro (Verde...check it out) from work, home, beach, school, my wife followed behind me in the family truckster and her first comment upon arriving home was how bright those two little reflective bands are bordering the mesh stripe.

More props to Corazzo!
twharton
Northwest, FL
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: And Highly Visible Too...

Post by ericalm »

twharton wrote:I wanted to add.... Last night my family and visiting spring breakers converged on our favorite local Italian bistro (Verde...check it out) from work, home, beach, school, my wife followed behind me in the family truckster and her first comment upon arriving home was how bright those two little reflective bands are bordering the mesh stripe.

More props to Corazzo!
I'm always surprised how visible those little bands are when my jacket is hanging in a dark room. Even a little light from the hallway or whatever will reflect quite well.

It hasn't warmed up enough here yet, but I do plan on adding the Speedway mesh to my growing jacket collection. The jacket I wear every day is the Corazzo Max. Got me through the winter and into spring. I love it.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

I'm still considering the Speedway Mesh. How has it been holding up as the weather has been warming? Do you see yourself still wearing it in 90 degree weather?
teacherquinn

Post by teacherquinn »

Thanks for the great review! No Speedway for the ladies this summer! :cry: I contacted Brad at Corazzo about the availability of the Speedway for women. No go for this year, hopefully next year. I DON'T wanna look like a power ranger either.
twharton

Post by twharton »

Hi Corsair,

Yes it's still great. We've had highs topping 78 and the humidity around 70%.
Honestly it's feels a little warm when putting it on but with the pit zips open and cruising at speed it is very comfortable.

I realize I'm still a long way from the 90+ temp and humidity that is coming and will report then too.
twharton
Northwest, FL
dfwbill

Post by dfwbill »

twharton wrote: I realize I'm still a long way from the 90+ temp and humidity that is coming and will report then too.

So how's it working out now. I know you gotta be getting warmer there... it's in the 100's here in Dallas.
My Buddy is a Hornet!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

ritasamson wrote:how can I see your jackets... im looking for some hoodie.
http://www.corazzo.net

The hoodie has been discontinued, but some are still available.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
davenjohn

Post by davenjohn »

This is such a great resource that you are providing and it's really easy for me to SEE what you were talking about. 8)
:shock:

http://www.gotapparel.com/c-190-jackets.aspx
cheap north face jackets