125's and oil cooler capability?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

tbonestone

125's and oil cooler capability?

Post by tbonestone »

Can the 125's have the same oil cooler system that is found on the 150cc bikes?

I know it'd help with the engine temperature. I'm asking because that post about the Cannonball 2012 is keeping me up at night, and I really want to do this.
Kaos

Re: 125's and oil cooler capability?

Post by Kaos »

tbonestone wrote:Can the 125's have the same oil cooler system that is found on the 150cc bikes?

I know it'd help with the engine temperature. I'm asking because that post about the Cannonball 2012 is keeping me up at night, and I really want to do this.
Yep, the 150's oil cooler can be installed on the 125. Its a little hard to get your hands on though honestly(I had one on my 125).

There are also several aftermarket GY6 oil coolers that will fit the 125's.
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

Call ScooterWorks. They have only a small part of what they stock on their web site. They can't get it on their site fast enough.

I just did a complete tune up with all stock Buddy parts, Air filter, fuel filter (comes with new fuel lines), oil filter, stock belt. I did upgrade to Dr. Pulley 13g sliders. I had everything delivered the next day.

I don't think an oil cooler would be a problem.

Phone: 1-888-968-3772 Toll-Free
Member 2715
Chrome Rear Rack
Genuine Top Case
Black Grips
Chrome Front Rack
Garmin GPS & Ram Mount
PIAA HS1
13g Dr. Pully Sliders
Everstart 9-BS AGM Battery
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

Dean F wrote:Call ScooterWorks. They have only a small part of what they stock on their web site. They can't get it on their site fast enough.

I just did a complete tune up with all stock Buddy parts, Air filter, fuel filter (comes with new fuel lines), oil filter, stock belt. I did upgrade to Dr. Pulley 13g sliders. I had everything delivered the next day.

I don't think an oil cooler would be a problem.

Phone: 1-888-968-3772 Toll-Free
Last I checked they don't have 150 the oil cooler.

I am running the ncy oil cooler but it takes a lot of work to get the center stand to work (completely rebuilt and designed)

tbonestone

Post by tbonestone »

Scootertrash: Interesting way to mount that cooler! Does it work despite not getting the forced air blowing through at speed?
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

tbonestone wrote:Scootertrash: Interesting way to mount that cooler! Does it work despite not getting the forced air blowing through at speed?
Thats the way the stock cooler is mounted on the 150's. It actually gets plenty of air there.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

tbonestone wrote:Scootertrash: Interesting way to mount that cooler! Does it work despite not getting the forced air blowing through at speed?
The air actually does pass through, just not as well.

I did a 200 mile ride and could put my hand on the oil cooler so it is definitely doing its job