Naming your Scooter

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sthiers

Post by sthiers »

Mine is Princess Phenylalanine

just cause...
GrittyTacoman

Post by GrittyTacoman »

Maybe not super original but we like the sound of it: Notre Ami for my wife and I's St. Tropez. Ami for short...
stickykitteh

Re: First post

Post by stickykitteh »

BladeGirl wrote:Just got a sea foam green Buddy 50. The only color left. It's not easy being green. So I named her Kermit. Seriously, though, I love her!

don't be talkin' trash about seafoam! hahah
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

OK, since another similar thread has appeared, let's bring the real original scooter naming thread back to life, shall we?

At first I had no urge to name my St. Tropez. But a female friend of mine kept on calling it Bluebell. Which I absolutely hated. But she just kept repeating it... which I also hated. And then it got stuck in my head. Which I really hated too. But it was totally stuck in my head. So what to do? So I thought about it a little, and as my St Tropez is "French", I thought why not "Blue Belle" which translates at Pretty Blue, which it certainly is. Then I also remembered that famous WWII plane the Memphis Belle, and considering I wear aviator goggles when I ride, that was that... You can see Blue Belle here.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

sthiers wrote:Mine is Princess Phenylalanine

just cause...
UUU get an "F"
Y? Tyrosine, that's why.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

Alright, so I have been agonizing over a name for my scooter, and my husband and I just bought a dual sport bike, and he mentioned that they are sometimes referred to as Thumpers. I immediately liked Thumper as a name for my scooter. I did a search and found another member who chose that name, but as they have not posted since July of last year I think I'm safe. Thumper it is. Maybe I will do a silhouette of the original Thumper on the scoot.
Attachments
thumper21.jpg
thumper21.jpg (26.62 KiB) Viewed 3191 times
Lastyearsyou

Post by Lastyearsyou »

Speaking of Disney characters, I was thinking about naming mine Nemo. The 50cc engine would be his "little fin." :wink:
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Lastyearsyou wrote:Speaking of Disney characters, I was thinking about naming mine Nemo. The 50cc engine would be his "little fin." :wink:
That's just cute. :lol:
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

I decided to name my rat "Pig" mostly because it's far too little to be called a "hog" and maybe because when ever I ride her real hard and I go to put her under the cover I like to say "that'll do pig, that'll do..." :P
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Mikeybel

Post by Mikeybel »

Spirit Chief. I named my scooter this cause I have been on a 2 year journey of spiratual developement and enlightnment. I am working on starting a scooter club for those like me who are experiencing an awakening and would like to meet their peers on scooters!

If you find yourself on path of personal developement and growth AND ride a buddy- you are not alone.
nagamus

Post by nagamus »

My Black Roughy is..."My Little Mule"

sweet. 8)
fiddlefan

Post by fiddlefan »

I call my SYM Fiddle II 125 Sexy Symantha. I think, no wait, I know my girlfriend gets jealous at times of my "other" girlfriend and the special times we share together.

What can I say? I have become a...
It's official... I'm a "scootaholic"...even have the custom t-shirt to prove it.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

nagamus wrote:My Black Roughy is..."My Little Mule"

sweet. 8)
as in "a car, no I'se don has no car, all I have is my little mule, Pepe!" :lol:
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
nagamus

Post by nagamus »

Wheelz wrote:

sweet. 8)
as in "a car, no I'se don has no car, all I have is my little mule, Pepe!" :lol:
Si! That is exactly right. Except mine is not fire proof and I don't jump rivers. :?
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

nagamus wrote:
Wheelz wrote:

sweet. 8)
Si! That is exactly right. Except mine is not fire proof and I don't jump rivers. :?
YET! :twisted: with a little help from the Voodoo boys anything is possible :twisted:
Elypia

Post by Elypia »

My Buddy's name is Buddy...for sentimental reasons. When I was a child, our first horse was named Buddy, and he died a rather traumatic death.

Now I have a Buddy that can't lodge a horseshoe in its own neck. :cry:
podpoet

Meet El Toro

Post by podpoet »

That's what I named by 2008 Pamplona -- picked up yesterday in Yuma, Artizona and brought to his new home with me in San Diego. Here's a picture of El Toro first meeting my Prius (named Ugly Betty).
Attachments
El Toro and Betty.jpg
El Toro and Betty.jpg (46.31 KiB) Viewed 3089 times
TVB

Re: Meet El Toro

Post by TVB »

podpoet wrote:That's what I named by 2008 Pamplona -- picked up yesterday in Yuma, Artizona and brought to his new home with me in San Diego. Here's a picture of El Toro first meeting my Prius (named Ugly Betty).
Ugly Betty needs some panels repainted beige, to match El Toro.
BootScootin'FireFighter

Re: Meet El Toro

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

podpoet wrote:Here's a picture of El Toro first meeting my Prius (named Ugly Betty).
any plans to deck out El Toro with USMC emblems, that would be pretty cool.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

I am still not sure why I named my Itallia" Dobby". It is a hard-working little scooter. The name has some of the "Buddy" letters and we like Harry Potter books.
My mother has a name for it in Russian that is not so kind and means "noisemaker" :roll:
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

I can't get a feel for what my Blur's name is yet. "Gas-spitting bitch" was the epithet I was using for it the other day while troubleshooting a fuel leak, but that was the name of the moment and not the general name.

Like pets, I think bikes tend to reveal their own names to you over time. I've not been with the Blur long enough to know for sure yet.
peppamint

Post by peppamint »

My Buddy 125's color is Sea Foam, so I named her Peppamint.

My husband's Rattler is named Snake. :lol:
wifiducky

Post by wifiducky »

silly thing in houston theres the place called the hobbit hole and i was told that the girl i have a big crush on is named rose and so i named my buddy after her <3 i love this rose i do not know XD hahaha after i started thinking my scooters name is rose buddy "rosebudd" so its both funny and means something to me :oops:
Last edited by wifiducky on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glamourgirrrl

Post by glamourgirrrl »

My Stella is Betty. Surfers call pretty girls Betties so because she is the prettiest scooter I've ever seen she's Betty. My pink Buddy doesn't really have a name, but because of the Louis Vuitton seat all of my friends call her the Louis Buddy. So I guess my pretty pink Buddy has the very manly name of Louis.
stratosjoe

scooters name

Post by stratosjoe »

Mines name is Beergetta, I haul it behind my motorhome and when we are settled for a while I use my St Tropez (Beergetta) to do just that. 8)
Happiness; A good cigar, a good meal and a good women or a bad women if you can stand that much happiness..
TVB

Re: scooters name

Post by TVB »

stratosjoe wrote:Mines name is Beergetta, I haul it behind my motorhome and when we are settled for a while I use my St Tropez (Beergetta) to do just that. 8)
I used my Buddy for just that task last night. :)
Tam Tam

naming Sally (a Buddy Blackjack with a lot of chrome)

Post by Tam Tam »

First scooter was 'Mouse-1'....as my car is 'blast4-KITTY'
second never really had a name :(
third got it's name the day I bought it. I was driving to meet a friend to ride with...and the song 'Sally can't dance no more' was running thru my head-"She was the 1st girl in the neighborhood to wear tie dyed pants, like she should. She was the first girl I'd ever seen to have flowers painted on her jeans. Now, she wears a sword like Napolean & she kills the boys an' acts like a son." And...I was wearing a t-shirt (under my armored jacket) of Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas...so when I met up with my friend, it wasn't me and my new scooter....it was me and Sally
Hellvis

Post by Hellvis »

My Blackjack's name is Gwendoline and I enjoy her every single day.
the3rdleonard

Post by the3rdleonard »

I have some options I'm knocking around, I'll take some input!
Julius
Pedro
Walter
Edgar
The Mandarin
Quezzie

Post by Quezzie »

My red Buddy 50 is secretly named The Heartbeat. I wanted to give my scooter a heart, a little on the left, just under the front shield. But it's kind of a cheesy name, so I whisper it to her when it's just the two of us together.
wifiducky

Post by wifiducky »

the3rdleonard wrote:I have some options I'm knocking around, I'll take some input!
Julius
Pedro
Walter
Edgar
The Mandarin
go for walter or edgar
Hwarang

Post by Hwarang »

I wouldn't name my scooter. Not my style. I always cringe a little when I read or hear about it.
"Limitations are the soil from which creativity grows." - Zeldman
"All that glitters is not golden" - Shakespeare
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known" - Carl Sagan
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer ..." - Dune
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Hwarang wrote:I wouldn't name my scooter. Not my style. I always cringe a little when I read or hear about it.
One way to avoid cringing is not to read threads titled "Naming Your Scooter." :P

I used to feel that way as well. Until I named one of my scooters.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Hwarang

Post by Hwarang »

ericalm wrote:
Hwarang wrote:I wouldn't name my scooter. Not my style. I always cringe a little when I read or hear about it.
One way to avoid cringing is not to read threads titled "Naming Your Scooter." :P

I used to feel that way as well. Until I named one of my scooters.
Hehe, touche sir. The following post, however, is pure gold:
Quezzie wrote:My red Buddy 50 is secretly named The Heartbeat. I wanted to give my scooter a heart, a little on the left, just under the front shield. But it's kind of a cheesy name, so I whisper it to her when it's just the two of us together.
"Limitations are the soil from which creativity grows." - Zeldman
"All that glitters is not golden" - Shakespeare
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known" - Carl Sagan
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer ..." - Dune
hachi08

Post by hachi08 »

The blue color of my Buddy 125 reminded me of Stitch from Lilo & Stitch, so I named her Lilo! xD
the3rdleonard

Post by the3rdleonard »

I ended up going to Julius. As I left that message my choice was clear, I named my buddy after a brilliant man and delicious drink. [the color helps!]
DirtyRAT

Post by DirtyRAT »

I have *yet* to name my Avocado Stella 4T. A few ideas I have:

- Snotgoblin
- Guacamole
- Sigmund (the SeaMonster)
- Kermit (it's not easy, being green...)
- Gumby
- Pernod (similar name suggested Here
- <insert your suggestion here>
Last edited by DirtyRAT on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
DirtyRAT

Post by DirtyRAT »

kilted texan wrote:I think I have settled on The Weeeeeeasel, Buuuuuuddy

Every time I hear Buddy I think of Pauly Shore.
Oh so true! "hey, Buuuuddy"

That pic makes Pauly look like the seperated-at-birth twin of Dead or Alive's lead singer.

Go 80's
Image Image
Tam Tam

naming the Stella

Post by Tam Tam »

So, the Blackjack's name popped in on the first day I owned her. But the Stella was more difficult -
I looked and tried different names, but nothing felt right. Until I looked up female Italian names and found Serafina. It means 'burning one'...and so I thought , 'what better name for a red, oil burning Italian clone?'
Attachments
Serafina11ab.jpg
Serafina11ab.jpg (151.32 KiB) Viewed 2826 times
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Ah, reading back through this thread and all the great Lebowski quotes... I realized
I never posted my p200's name. I thought I did, maybe I wrote it in another thread.

Anyway, his name is Stampy, like Bart's pet elephant on the Simpsons. Its really high-maintenance
and impractical for me to keep it, but I love it anyway! Also you have to stomp on the kickstarter A LOT.

Haven't named the DREEEAM yet, usually I have to own/ride it for a while
first and the name will become more apparent. but I'm open to suggestions.
Syd

Post by Syd »

SYM HD200.

Because the other thread might wither and disappear.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
DirtyRAT

Post by DirtyRAT »

If I had a BlackJack, I'd name her Jezebel, for all the obvious reasons...

/me bows to Rev. Horton Heat's rendition of 'Jezebel'
Image Image
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

unofficial name of my scoot is Bomb Head because i have a sticker on it that is a bomb head. it looks like a forum smiley, but with a bomb for a head and it looks panicked as the fuse is lit!

but i felt Bomb Head was too obvious in a juvenile sort of way, so i put it on the scoot where it can't be seeing easily if at all, and certainly not while riding. before it was in plain and direct sight

still, Bomb Head lives on. if in a bit o hidden shame.... :lol:
Riding is riding
david12df

Post by david12df »

puddle jumper
paikkylee

Post by paikkylee »

All good my friend. I'm thinking some possible names for your avacado and my seafoam are:

Grandmas Kitchen (or just grandma)
Raging booger (who can really take a 50 that seriously)
DirtyRAT wrote:I have *yet* to name my Avocado Stella 4T. A few ideas I have:

- Snotgoblin
- Guacamole
- Sigmund (the SeaMonster)
- Kermit (it's not easy, being green...)
- Gumby
- Pernod (similar name suggested Here
- <insert your suggestion here>
Orange '08 Buddy 125
Seafoam Buddy "72" - Sold
Raleigh MTB - Bar ends and slicks
TVB

Post by TVB »

My red Buddy 50 had to be called "Flash" because of his color, plus his ability to outrace even a speeding bicycle!
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

[quote="paikkylee"]All good my friend. I'm thinking some possible names for your avacado and my seafoam are:

Grandmas Kitchen (or just grandma)
Raging booger (who can really take a 50 that seriously)

Absinthe..........makes the heart grow fonder.
Jennyfer

Post by Jennyfer »

I was between Daisy or Lamb Chop....

It's pink. It's totally girly and you can't get away without giving it an equally adorable name :).

So I chose Lamb Chop. Don't ask me why but I one day aspire to have a wheaten Scottish Terrier that will match my black and brindle Tobie whom I will lovingly call Pork Chop (Come here Porky!).

I can see it now! I just got all the decals off so I'll shine her up nice and new so I can post pics!
I try and stay limber, swim, run, ride my scooter.
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

A reference to the series "V" that I watched over and over growing up. Riding a scooter makes me unique, if not a bit weird to common folk, just like the visitors. It's nearly impossible to go anywhere without being noticed. They arrived, and ultimately left on the mothership, so I found it fitting to name my unique vehicle "the mothership"
Attachments
mothership.jpg
mothership.jpg (82.29 KiB) Viewed 2761 times
jprestonian

Post by jprestonian »

2004 Ymoto Vortec was "Chinese Death Machine"
2004 Yamaha Vino Classic 2T was "The Vino;" sometimes, "Vito" (was watching a lot of The Sopranos, then)
2006 Kymco Agility 125 was "The Agility"
2007 Kymco People 250 was "Big Red Ugly," but as of this spring, renamed "Bad Penny" (due to three riding seasons in a row where it started overheating -- it's getting a new engine next week)