Scooter Magazines

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jazdrmr

Scooter Magazines

Post by jazdrmr »

I understand that there are scooter mags out there. Does anyone have a preference?
Buddy_wannabe

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

,,, only one I've seen is Scoot Quarterly
ThisDude

Post by ThisDude »

I've seen a couple at noho scooters. I think they're imported because the price on the cover is in pounds.
ellen

Post by ellen »

Theres also Scooter World magazine which you can get free at most scooter dealers.

http://www.scooterworldmag.com/
cowgirl helmet

Post by cowgirl helmet »

I bought an issue of Scoot! Quarterly magazine for the cover stories about scooter-related art and all-female scooter clubs. The quality of the writing isn't particularly impressive (at least to me -- but I'm an editor). The content of the articles is good, though.
Keys

Post by Keys »

Scooter World is nice. Well written. Small. And I've yet to receive my second issue after subscription.

Scoot Quarterly is mostly on time. Large. Good photos, although they tend to get too "artsy" with them and you don't always get a complete, clear view of the scooter in the pictures. And yes, grammer, sentence structure and spelling are, um, somewhat less than stellar. On the upside, they cover a lot of events, have a lot of reader input and do quite a few (rather skimpy) scooter tests. They also cover a lot of "lifestyle" events, musice, etc which really don't interest me in the least, although there are those who constantly seek the approval of other like-minded people who WOULD be interested.

My 2 cents. Wish I could say more about Scooter World, but like I say, I am without enough information to pass any more along...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust

Post by ScooterDave »

For me there is only one mag worth reading - Scootering

http://www.scootering.com

Dave
x-mojito50mod

Post by x-mojito50mod »

There's also one from England called TAG (Twist and Go), mostly covering "new-school" sport-type scoots.
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

Keys wrote:Scooter World is nice. Well written.
Thanks for the compliments there, on behalf of all the SW writers.
Keys wrote:Small.
We've been steadily working on that. We're bigger than we once were, and we've got a much nicer format and printing stock than we once did.
Keys wrote:And I've yet to receive my second issue after subscription.
If you haven't emailed us about that yet, go to our website and please let us know. Our issues come out roughly every 2 months, but we get some out a little more punctually than others.
- Bryce
Tbone

Post by Tbone »

My dealer handed me a Scoot Magazine.

Here's a google search for Scooter Magazine:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&clie ... tnG=Search
"Life Is all about ASS! You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it!"