Buddy 170!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Wow! Way to step up. I'm pretty excited about these even though I won't be getting one. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
vote4seth

Post by vote4seth »

talked to my dealer said they ordered a few. he said end of march beginning of april we will get them.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Put down partial payment tonight. Will pick it up once it arrives and pay the balance! :D
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
claerion

Post by claerion »

pugbuddy wrote:Put down partial payment tonight. Will pick it up once it arrives and pay the balance! :D
YAY :D Congratz! Looking forward to what you have to say about it as well as all the other lucky owners. And a compairson of course since you have the now older model. Congratz again!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

If you haven't seen them yet, first real pics of 170s are here:
topic17654.html

Hope to have more colors in next few days!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

vote4seth wrote:talked to my dealer said they ordered a few. he said end of march beginning of april we will get them.
Who is the dealer you use? The place I went to in SLC closed last summer. I'd like to look into a buddy 170 a bit. And welcome to Modernbuddy btw.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
vote4seth

Post by vote4seth »

bigbropgo wrote:
vote4seth wrote:talked to my dealer said they ordered a few. he said end of march beginning of april we will get them.
Who is the dealer you use? The place I went to in SLC closed last summer. I'd like to look into a buddy 170 a bit. And welcome to Modernbuddy btw.
Salt Lake Scooter Co. Its right next to nate wade suburu.
vote4seth

Post by vote4seth »

Thanks for the welcome though
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

A Buddy 170 certainly sounds interesting.

If I were in the market to buy a scooter now, I'd have a tough time deciding between the Buddy 170 and the Blur 220.

Still, as mentioned before, the scooter already in my garage makes more financial sense than selling it and buying a new scooter.

When my daughter is old enough to ride in a few years, maybe I can hand down the 2006 Buddy 125 to her and get a shinier faster new scooter then.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

lobsterman wrote:A Buddy 170 certainly sounds interesting.

If I were in the market to buy a scooter now, I'd have a tough time deciding between the Buddy 170 and the Blur 220.

Still, as mentioned before, the scooter already in my garage makes more financial sense than selling it and buying a new scooter.

When my daughter is old enough to ride in a few years, maybe I can hand down the 2006 Buddy 125 to her and get a shinier faster new scooter then.
Keep an eye out. There are used Blur220i model starting to hit the streets. I am considering selling mine....as much as I love to ride it, I love my Kawasaki more. Mine may be going up for sale this spring.
mhardgrove

Post by mhardgrove »

So, anyone have any info on what the engine setup will be? Is the motor a 161cc (I would assume a 125 block with the 161 big bore kit from factory), or a totally new engine that is indeed 170cc? The link to 2 stroke buzz below is the reason for the question.

http://2strokebuzz.com/2010/12/10/genui ... -to-europe

If indeed it's the 161 then that will be intresting to see how easy/hard converting from the carb will be. Cant wait to see these once they hit the street.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

mhardgrove wrote:So, anyone have any info on what the engine setup will be?
Nope, not yet.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

the other question is will the accessories from 125 and 150 fit the 170?
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Stormswift wrote:the other question is will the accessories from 125 and 150 fit the 170?
Undoubtably. Many performance parts may work, even.
Keys

Post by Keys »

...hmmm....will a Blur 220 engine fit in a Buddy....hmmmm...???? Even more to the point, will it fit in a Rattler...?

--Keys
"Life without music would Bb"
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Their new product info states that it's a 168cc engine. I've seen the 161 quote, but I'm looking at the sheet right now and it shows 168cc.

The bike is absolutely the same size as all the rest of the Buddys, so the bigger bolt-on accessories will fit for sure, I think!
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
Grant H

Post by Grant H »

I got mine! :)