Goodbye to the Rattler 110?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MacJac

Goodbye to the Rattler 110?

Post by MacJac »

Just read a wrap-up article talking about the Indy Dealer Expo that just ended this past Sunday. Seems that Genuine Scooter Co. was there debuting a slimmed-down lineup with a new model, the Buddy 170i. The author then stated, 'So long to the carbureted Buddys, and goodbye to the Rattler 110.'

Anyone else hear about this?
tbonestone

Post by tbonestone »

It wasn't one of their best sellers. The only way i'd rock a rattler is if it could compete with the Zuma 125: 4stroker, EFI, and great looks.

BTW What part of Downers are you in? I'm near Roundheads Pizza on 63rd st.
MacJac

Post by MacJac »

More important question - why are you putting down Rats - on Rattler thread?
laxer

Post by laxer »

If you want to pay the extra $600 for the zuma, that's fine. Some of us are on a budget and the Rattler more than meets our needs. But yeah, it wasn't a great seller, it could have used a 125 instead of the 106.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Bummer. Dealers will prob still be selling them for the next few years. And the pmx has been around since the late 90's. I know another scoot is in my future. (Someday ) but I'm not going to sell mine to get it. I guess I should be more concerned about parts. I have tried to find better sources for them. And as long as the pmx is around, OEM parts exist somewhere. And if my motor blows, I may just do a gy6 swap or something. I like the oddity that is the rattler. :wink:
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
Keys

Post by Keys »

Maybe I oughta snag as many extra parts as I can afford...cylinders, pistons, rings (it IS a 2-stroke, after all), belts. The rest I think I can fabricate.

And if I'd have wanted a Zuma 125, I'd have gotten one. 'Nuff said.

--Keys
"Life without music would Bb"
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

If you're asking why a Ratt, you don't get it. Unfortuneately Genuine didn't know how to reach a large enough buying population that did get it... so away she goes. Plenty of great products go away all the time because the buying public at large just doen't get it.
I think if they let the 123 kit over here it would've sold better too. And why for heaven's sake don't they make the upgrade information easier to get? Even if they don't sell the parts through Genuine it would help create a demand for the scoot in the first place.
EZPZ #65
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

nissanman wrote:If you're asking why a Ratt, you don't get it. Unfortuneately Genuine didn't know how to reach a large enough buying population that did get it... so away she goes. Plenty of great products go away all the time because the buying public at large just doen't get it.
I think if they let the 123 kit over here it would've sold better too. And why for heaven's sake don't they make the upgrade information easier to get? Even if they don't sell the parts through Genuine it would help create a demand for the scoot in the first place.
Totally agree. Product support or lack thereof can or has swayed many away. Shame really. Seems shot down prematurely. But the rough house is sticking around? What up with that? I guess at least body panels, seats and other basic components will stick around. Spedo is a koso. Weights are generic. As long as you can still get belts and your motor doesn't blow, all is good in the hood. I think I'm being overly pessimistic. Genuine has a good relationship with pgo. They hopefully will continue production of the pmx. So worst case scenario, OEM replacement stuff will take the slow boat here and still come from scooterworks.

Like stated above, crap like this happens all the time.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

It sure does suck that the Rat didn't get the love it deserves, that's okay that means there is more parts available, for us that love them.
As a matter of fact I love the rat so much and thanx to the work of MB member Dynarex-I just put a deposit on another Rat with all this stuff:

ratt 110with 123 bbk,v8,24mm stg6 flatslide ,bopper tires,pinasco reedsmalossi variator,hit clutch,rrgs clutch bell, bla bla bla...

It's screamer and a wheelie machine, can't wait for the end of March so she is all mine, BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Smiley13

My Rattler

Post by Smiley13 »

I just got a 09 rattler and I love her. She went with me to the high roller scooter ralley and even with the extreme weather that was going on that weekend she ran like a champ. I use to have a 07 buddy italia 125 4t. She too was a champ scooter but I have to say having a 2t under my butt is a wonderful thing. Loved the power she has stock. She kept up and blew some doors on the classic 2t's that were there. What a good girl my Rattler is. I was one of two that were there. Both of us owners were very pleased with the performance she gives. The guy I was talking with has a big collection of genuine scooters the next day he showed up on his blur he let me take her for a ride. I want one. hahaha! Long Live the rattler. even thow she is being discontinued. :lol: