New Blur 150 owner!!!

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

PreyTheWeak

New Blur 150 owner!!!

Post by PreyTheWeak »

Hi all. My wife and I are a new owner of a used Blur 150. It has sat in a shed for 2 1/2 years. Not being enjoyed. It has 2200 miles on it and I was wondering if there is anything I need to be aware of about these scoots. I have always heard that they are good scooters. So for the price I jumped on it fast. It does have trouble idling but it is cold here on the east coast and I never like auto-chokes on scooters.

Any way I hope to be part of the community here and plain on doing as much bolt on performance I can on this scoot. It seems there is a lot to work with.
Smiley13

Blur

Post by Smiley13 »

When you have a scooter like the blur sitting for that long. First thing you need to do is drain the gas tank get rid of the old gas. Also give it an oil change and replace the spark plug and air filter. Then see how she runs. If you run her before doing these light service you may run into problems right away or in the future. I also would pull the carb and give it a good cleaning sounds like you have a varnish build up. Probably why she does'nt idile very well.. Congrats on the new purchased.
Good Luck
Smiley 8)
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

welcome! orange or grey? Smiley13 is spot on ... do this and you'll be a happy Blur rider!
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
PreyTheWeak

Post by PreyTheWeak »

blurblaine wrote:welcome! orange or grey? Smiley13 is spot on ... do this and you'll be a happy Blur rider!
It is orange. I removed the seat tonight and took one look at that carb. It's not a 2stroke that's for sure. There is vacuum hoses all over the place. Lol
PreyTheWeak

Post by PreyTheWeak »

Well I cleaned the carb. Drained all the old gas out. And grabbed a fresh battery for it. It is idling low around 1000 RPMs. I tried to adjust the idle but there was not snuff there to adjust. So I'm going to adjust the cable to see if that helps.
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

Great scoot. I keep going back to it. Love it so much I sold my motorcycle. I have a gray one. You will get hours of fun out of that thing.