Rode a Buddy Part Deux

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ellen

Rode a Buddy Part Deux

Post by ellen »

So I rode a Buddy today halfway across the state of Connecticut.
(Ok, its a small state) Total mileage was 50, combination of city and country roads. Handling was flawless. Never had a problem keeping up with the flow of traffic. At one point I was looking up a mile long hill with a 50 MPH speed limit. Started out at 40 and hit the throttle a quarter way up the hill. Within seconds the speedo showed 55 and had more power left. (The scooter is brand new so I didnt want to push it too hard)
The car behind me said I actually was going 50. So the speedo is off 5 MPH which is usually the case. One thing I didn't like, especially on a long ride, is there is no room to move my feet around.

All I can say is the Buddy is a fantastic starter bike. Not sure about riding 2 up on it though. Unless you are both like the small Chinese teenagers in the My BuBu commercial :?
jess

Post by jess »

Thanks for the update, Ellen. Besides the lack of room for your feet, are you still feeling cramped on the Buddy?
ellen

Post by ellen »

Riding wasn't bad at all. On degree or U turns I did have to stick my knees out. But I kinda do that anyway out of force of habit from back when I rode a 50cc.