corazzo ventanta fit

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

misu

corazzo ventanta fit

Post by misu »

i really like my max, but at 6', 175lbs, 40 chest, 32 waist, it's on the baggier side in the arms and torso.

those who have multiple corazzo jackets, can you comment on how they fit? i've read i think all the threads and people use general terms "fit great" or "fit different" in describing the jackets or comparing tempeste to 5.0, etc.

particularly, i'm interested in getting the ventata for the summer.

but i'm also considering a firstgear rush mesh, mostly for the silver/white color. revzilla's review indicates firstgear's a box cut, so probably similar to the corazzo max. also considering a rev'it air which apparently is much more euro/slim fit -- which i think i tend to prefer although perhaps for a summer mesh jacket, looser is better?

anyone comment on the fit of a ventata vs the max for someone who prefers a slimmer cut?

of course, best to try on for myself but with babies at home, i'm not given too much free time to go scooter jacket shopping ;-)
Syd

Post by Syd »

In store bought, shirt-and-tie type shirts, I wear a 35-36" sleeve. Unfortunately none of the Corazzo jackets in any size that I have tried on have been nearly long enough in the arm for me.

But why not look at the size charts:
Mens's or Women's. That should give you all the info you need.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

I'm 6'3" 190lbs and they all fit a little big on me. the 5.0 fits the best, perfect across the shoulders, just a little loose in the torso. Some of the others run even larger. The Portland Rainsuit is a tent on me in the XL I needed to get the right pants length.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

I'm 5'8" 160 +/-lbs I have a 'Shop Jacket' had to get a large for the right sleeve length for my orangutanian 35" arms, the rest of the jacket is huge-mongous on me!
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
dwayneed

Post by dwayneed »

I have a Ventata and IMO it runs a bit small. I would probably be happier with one size bigger than I bought. I also own a Shop jacket and a Tempeste. The Ventata runs the smallest out of the three. Corazzo definitely doesn't quite have fit down. The sleeves are not radial cut so movement is similar to a blazer or sport coat, limited. While on the bike it's great but even reaching to the side or up really binds in the shoulders for me.
My extremely short reviews:
Ventata- All around good fit. If anything short in the waist, barely. I normally wear large but would have preferred an XL in this model.
Shop- Since the Vent was small I got an XL in this. Too big in the shoulders and body, sleeves barely long enough.
Tempeste- Bought a large, too small in shoulders and sleeves have to wear it without the back armor. Body Is huge. Extremely limited movement due to 'sport coat' cut in the shoulders. Comfortable to ride in.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Different cuts will fit different people better. These are also cut for best fit and comfort while riding.

I have a squarish torso, 46" chest, 34" arms (well, one is; the other doesn't extend fully due injuries from a car accident).

The Ventata has a slimmer fit than a Max, which is as it should be for this type of jacket. It also has adjustment straps at the waist and arms. The torso is slightly tapered. It's shaped more like a motorcycle jacket, but not as exaggerated an inverse pyramid as some moto jackets I've tried on. (Many are cut very slim at waist, very wide in shoulders.)

My Max has always fit a bit loose, relaxed. I didn't know how much until I got my Tempeste, perfect fit for me.

None are uncomfortable. The Tempeste is the one I've worn most often over the past year or so.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
weirdsong1

Post by weirdsong1 »

So I'm considering the Ventata, but would like something substantial enough to use even when it's not summer. Can anyone give me an idea of the difference in weight and venting between the Ventata and the Speedway Mesh?

Love the Corazzo style, but unfortunately, I'm more than 2 hrs from the nearest vendor. Mostly I'm convinced by all the great information on this site about the fit and quality of the jackets, but I wonder about what's best for the crazy heat and humidity here in south florida.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

weirdsong1 wrote:So I'm considering the Ventata, but would like something substantial enough to use even when it's not summer.
Maybe layered oer something else. But in general, no.

The Speedway mesh (which may be discontinued?) will still feel much warmer than the Ventata. The Ventata is a "full" mesh, everywhere but the stripes. On warm days, when riding it can actually feel pretty cool as it circulates air around your body. Nothing feels cool when stopped, though.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Tibo

Re: corazzo ventanta fit

Post by Tibo »

I am 6'1, 175 lbs, chest I don'k know, 32 waist and I have a Corazzo Ventata size L. Fits perfect when wearing a simple Shirt or T-Shirt underneath. Since it is for summer you don't want to wear anything else anyway...

Hope this helps..
misu

Re: corazzo ventanta -- poor fit, alpinestars verona instead

Post by misu »

Tibo wrote:I am 6'1, 175 lbs, chest I don'k know, 32 waist and I have a Corazzo Ventata size L. Fits perfect when wearing a simple Shirt or T-Shirt underneath. Since it is for summer you don't want to wear anything else anyway...

Hope this helps..
so i finally did go on a out of the way trip to test out a ventata. great construction, nice mesh. reflective strip would've grown on me.

my corazzo max medium, fits me ok (6', 175lbs, 40" chest, 32" waist, 34" sleeve). +'s: arm length good. -'s:" arm width and torso a bit baggy, armor loose due to the baggy arms, and neck when zipped up, digs at the front of my neck.

the ventata in medium is a totally different fit! i'm a bit disappointed the corazzo person who i called a few weeks ago actually told me that it fits the same as the max-- that's so far from the truth. the same size medium ventata fits vastly different.

i appreciate the other person specifying size they wore -- others have posted their measurements but not the size of jacket they are referring to... didn't know until now how key that is.

as others have said, in the same size, it's a much tighter fit across the torso and arms compared to the max.

the tight fitting torso is ok since in summer you probably only have a t-shirt underneath, so not too much complaint there... although if i had planned to layer a thin hoodie for slightly chilly morning commutes in the summer, it would've been quite tight ...never mind if it gained a few pounds...

i really like the more snug sleeves -- it makes the elbow pad sit much better than the max. only problem is the sleeve is at least 1" shorter than on the medium max so my wrist were exposed in the riding position. what the heck?! why is the fit so different from the max? i guess they really do create/design each jacket from scratch (ie. listing the designer's on each jacket's web page).

i tried on the large ventata -- it definitely provided a more roomy torso and sleeves (although i kind of preferred the more snug fit, at least the sleeves lengths were right for me. only problem the elbow pads sat at my forearms! oh well...

no jacket's perfect for everyone -- turns out the ventata medium or large just doesn't fit me. materials seem quality and i really like the tighter fit, especially of the armor.

i bought an alpinestars verona air instead (size large). it's from their new city collection.

similar fit to the ventata large but the elbow armor's at the right level. no stylin' vertical reflective stripe on the alpinestars -- it's very plain, almost boring, but i tend to dress conservative. love the zippered sleeve for taper and their bioarmor is more comfortable than corazzo's knox (probably because it's smaller). also has an inner chest pocket which the max doesn't have.