[NBR] Great Bag Buy - Tactical Bail Out Gear Bag $19

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

pugbuddy wrote:
The one negative: Looks a little man-bag-y when off the scooter. The ladies are unimpressed with this.
Anna was TOTALLY impressed with it, dude! :lol:
I think I must have been telling her a very funny joke. Or maybe it was the bag. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Back to $19.99 this morning, as they promised.

If I'd have had a brain in my head, I would have ordered an in-stock Black plus a backordered Olive, but I got too excited and only pulled the trigger on the Black. Then I read the description more closely, where it said that if the same person put in a second order, they'd be cancelled, and didn't want to risk losing the $10 deal.

Hope this ships soon - I'm amassing tools, spares, rainwear, etc., for my Buddy, and don't want 'em flopping around in the pet carrier. :)
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Delivered yesterday! Oh, all the lovely pockets! The mountain-bike pump zips right into the billy-club pocket like it was made for it! :D
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

Yes I have two similar bags, one orange, $9. from a garage sale and one white canvas that was a gift, for out of town I use both. R
trackpete

Post by trackpete »

I picked up one of these off the last big thread about it for my ride around South America, to stash tools and misc equipment in (sucks digging around in a huge bag). It's amazing how much stuff fits in it. According to my notebook, this is what I had stashed in there when I left the US:

insect repellent bottle
2x cinch straps
2x bungee cords
misc short, med, long zip ties
master combo lock
50' 550lb Type III paracord
potable agua tablets
bottle of immodium
bottle of ibuprofen
first aid kit
anti-itch creme
ear plugs
3x large bandages
electrical, medical, and gorilla tape rolls
6x carabiner clips
flashlight
12x20 monocular
folding camp knife
multi-tool
Quicksteel tube
ratchet screwdriver set
headlamp
spare key chain
survival/emergency kit
250GB backup hard drive
camp towel
waterproof gaiter/boot covers
miniature crowbar
metric wrench set
3x 20 wet wipe packages

And there's still a ton of room for me to throw in some innertubes, spare chains, and all that jazz. I feel over-prepared at times looking at it.

One note though - even empty that thing is pretty heavy. I was surprised at the bulk. I didn't weigh it but it has to weigh a couple pounds.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1tTNVh">DC to the Arctic Circle! An old youtube playlist.</a>
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

I put my tools, spares, a rain suit, and a safety vest in there with lots of room to spare, and it fits in the pet carrier along with a big Prima cable lock, also with a little room to spare.
TVB

Post by TVB »

trackpete wrote:One note though - even empty that thing is pretty heavy. I was surprised at the bulk. I didn't weigh it but it has to weigh a couple pounds.
Are you sure it was empty? There are so many hidden places to put things in this that you may have missed some of them. :)
trackpete

Post by trackpete »

Haha, so true. I actually spent a good ten minutes dismantling it when I got it because I was convinced there must be some lead plate hiding inside it for stiffness or something.

I think I am just used to quality hiking/trekking bags - same thing shocked me about a little camera backpack I bought, it weighs as much empty as my 55L full frame pack!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1tTNVh">DC to the Arctic Circle! An old youtube playlist.</a>
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

I do love a bit of heavy canvas! R
superseagulls

Tablet?

Post by superseagulls »

Can anyone with the bag tell me if a 10" screen sized tablet computer would fit in to the bag?
My next addition to my gadget family will be one of the new Android Tablets, maybe the Samsung 10.1, I would like to make sure it would fit in before I pull the trigger!
Thanks!
Skootz Kabootz

Re: Tablet?

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

superseagulls wrote:Can anyone with the bag tell me if a 10" screen sized tablet computer would fit in to the bag?
My next addition to my gadget family will be one of the new Android Tablets, maybe the Samsung 10.1, I would like to make sure it would fit in before I pull the trigger!
Thanks!
I put my MacBook (bigger than a tablet) in it no problem with the power adapter, cords and other stuff. And then the bag with MacBook go in my Genuine topcase like they are made to measure (but no water bottles...). Perfect.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

My 14" HP laptop did _not_ fit. :(

So it's tools, spares, safetywear, etc. in mine now, but I may get one or two more for audio gear, this 'n' that......
TVB

Re: Tablet?

Post by TVB »

superseagulls wrote:Can anyone with the bag tell me if a 10" screen sized tablet computer would fit in to the bag?
Easily. The top opening is over 12" fully unzipped, and the main compartment about 9 inches tall (which you can stretch a little if it's mostly empty). Depending on how square-vs-widescreen it is, and of course how thick it is to fit through the zippered top, you might even fit a 15" diagonal (including the size of the bezel around the screen) device inside.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Unlike some bags, the zipper isn't as long as the full top edge of the compartment. My laptop (14" diagonal screen) would have fit inside, but would not clear the opening. My daily junky bag, by contrast, has a zipper which extends a little down the sides, which works great.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Ditto on the non-fit verdict of a standard 14" laptop. Netbooks, tablets, Airs, etc all fit without issue, but the zipper is the limiting factor.

This thing is great. It's compartmentalization has really helped me organize my commuting tag-a-longs to where everything is organized and I immediately know if I'm forgetting something. The end pockets also keep my coffee mug perfectly upright in my top case for when it defies it's "leak proof" claims. I also carry less useless stuff with me everyday, which is something that my previous messenger bag allowed too liberally. It's also a lot more compact because things sit firmly in their place. That makes packing things like rain suits, spare gloves, extra visors, and other Spring time necessities a lot easier.

Thanks again PeteH for the heads up on the sale! This thing rocks.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
superseagulls

Thanks

Post by superseagulls »

Thanks for the advice, I think I will get one, and probably the 3 day back pack, great prices!
People say that I'm crazy
But I'm not that way inclined
I know what I know and I'll happily show
That madness is all in the mind
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

superseagulls wrote:Thanks for the advice, I think I will get one, and probably the 3 day back pack, great prices!
Be sure to give a review if you get the 3 Day Backpack. That looks nice, but I didn't see any internal pics. If it's as nice as the BOB, I'd think about getting one of those as well.

Something tells me that once this Wingman Bag goes on sale, that'll be the best tool and travel bag for a long trip. All it needs is a velcro or clip on back pad for when it's resting on the passenger seat.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

I saw last night that the Desert Tan BOB is back in stock. Green is still backordered as of last night.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Cool! I ordered the Desert Tan BoB! Looking forward to receiving it!
Something tells me that once this Wingman Bag goes on sale, that'll be the best tool and travel bag for a long trip. All it needs is a velcro or clip on back pad for when it's resting on the passenger seat.
Great looking bag, but my Buddy doesn't have a passenger seat! :lol:
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

pugbuddy wrote:Great looking bag, but my Buddy doesn't have a passenger seat! :lol:
One is the loneliest number... :P
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Lostmycage wrote:
pugbuddy wrote:Great looking bag, but my Buddy doesn't have a passenger seat! :lol:
One is the loneliest number...
Yeah, but two can be as bad as one
It's the loneliest number since the number one... :twisted:
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

Lostmycage wrote:Something tells me that once this Wingman Bag goes on sale, that'll be the best tool and travel bag for a long trip. All it needs is a velcro or clip on back pad for when it's resting on the passenger seat.
Looks like it could make a good tunnel bag for the Blur.
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

Their Zombie Hunter Bag is $19.95 on closeout.
Attachments
policestuff_2148_100828353.jpg
policestuff_2148_100828353.jpg (89.16 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

OK, seriously, stop it. I have enough bags. Too many bags actually. Dammit! GRRR!!! (click, click, buy)
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

Lostmycage wrote:OK, seriously, stop it. I have enough bags. Too many bags actually. Dammit! GRRR!!! (click, click, buy)

:rofl:
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

BlueMark wrote:Zombie Hunter Bag
Exactly what my daughter and son-in-law use for a diaper bag..... It's held up great 3 1/2 years!
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Ok, I need a comparison! Who has both? Who can detail the similarities and differences? :evil:
Syd

Post by Syd »

Lostmycage wrote:OK, seriously, stop it. I have enough bags. Too many bags actually. Dammit! GRRR!!! (click, click, buy)
Oh, just buy it. No is the saddest experience you'll ever know. :wink:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

pugbuddy wrote:Ok, I need a comparison! Who has both? Who can detail the similarities and differences? :evil:
BOB has a lot more external pockets. ZHB has the Molle straps for add-ons.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Well, I'm still waiting for my BoB! Desert Tan still backordered and now the item only shows in the "Closeouts" section! Dang, this is annoying.... :(
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The black BOB on sale for $14.99 again!
http://www.lapolicegear.com/tabaoutbag.html
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Yep, only until 2pm PST Wednesday.
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Ooohhh... cheap tactical gear bags NOT made of vinyl! At last. Used to be the only decent place to find such awesome stuff were at gun shows :\ I may be an avid shooter myself, but those people scare even me. Not what they used to be

I'll have to look at the Large Bail Out bag for rally gear. Was thinking of Prima bags, but get two of those and sew them into a pair of awesome saddle bags... hmmm
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Actually, the shoulder straps will work to link two bags together. Someone 'round here showed how.
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

Buy 5 pairs of socks, get free knife!
:lol:
TVB

Post by TVB »

And in case you missed it: endorsed by bus drivers