New Blur shipments

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

docjones

New Blur shipments

Post by docjones »

Anyone know when the next shipments of Blur's will hit the U.S.. My dealer told me March, now he doesn't know.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I haven't heard. I don't know how long ago he heard March. Production may have been effected by the disaster in Japan. The fuel injectors for the 170 Buddys (so probably the Blurs, too) are made there. This caused a delay in 170 production, which is back on track.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
docjones

Post by docjones »

Now that just can't be the case, the earthquake happened two weeks ago not two months ago. My problem is why can't the manufacturer (POG) be straight with the importer (Genuine) which in turn can tell the reseller (the dealer) when customers might be able to take delivery of new products, ie a new Blur. I think we all know who gets products first, the guy who pays the bill (invoice) in a timely manner. I will only have one regret if I have to go out and buy a Kymco Yager 200i, that is it isn't as cool as the Blur 220i. On the other hand I will have more than $500.00 extra dollars in my pocket if I do. That's my two cents, how about yours.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

my two cents is if you want a blur, wait on a blur. if its a needed scooter or for daily transport i do understand the temptation to get something else, however. but the yager? seems two really different kinds of scoots? and if comparing the two i would say the blur is the clear winner. unless other more practical reasons would have you choose the yager?

anyway, i would wait on the blur, myself. unless i had a pressing need for a faster bike. but any info on availability would be nice if i were in the market, sure

/2 cents
Riding is riding
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

docjones wrote:Now that just can't be the case, the earthquake happened two weeks ago not two months ago. My problem is why can't the manufacturer (POG) be straight with the importer (Genuine) which in turn can tell the reseller (the dealer) when customers might be able to take delivery of new products, ie a new Blur. I think we all know who gets products first, the guy who pays the bill (invoice) in a timely manner. I will only have one regret if I have to go out and buy a Kymco Yager 200i, that is it isn't as cool as the Blur 220i. On the other hand I will have more than $500.00 extra dollars in my pocket if I do. That's my two cents, how about yours.
As I said, I don't know how long ago your dealer heard March. Have you asked them when they last spoke with Genuine about this and if they've ordered any more?

In general, Genuine doesn't import and stock a ton of scoots—it's all based on orders placed by dealers in advance. If you want to make sure you get one, talk to your dealer and make sure they're talking to Genuine.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Theo60

Post by Theo60 »

I've been waiting to take a Blur for a test spin since last October. My dealer here in Atlanta thought April was more likely the time frame to see any Blurs. I've waited this long and figure I can keep waiting a bit. However, the weather is getting very nice.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

ericalm wrote: In general, Genuine doesn't import and stock a ton of scoots—it's all based on orders placed by dealers in advance. If you want to make sure you get one, talk to your dealer and make sure they're talking to Genuine.
+1. A lot of what your local dealer will have available depends on their ability to read and predict the market. Genuine will only ship what your dealer orders. If they don't order any, they don't get any. Genuine isn't a manufacturer, they're a distributor. There's no large stockpile of bikes in a mythically huge warehouse. If your local dealer is sold out, they've got to wait for the supply chain to deliver and that takes more time than you expect.

It's not like the 220i Blur is sold out everywhere. My local shop has sold a few and still has one or two on the floor ready for the late Spring rush. They're just sitting there, looking sexy. I'm sure they'll order more when they feel there's a need to order more given the time frame it takes to get them over here.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
TVB

Post by TVB »

Lostmycage wrote:It's not like the 220i Blur is sold out everywhere. My local shop has sold a few and still has one or two on the floor ready for the late Spring rush. They're just sitting there, looking sexy.
That gives me a thought: maybe your dealer could work out a trade with another dealer in the region, swapping a Blur for a Stella or whatever. (I know car dealers do that sort of thing.)
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

Lostmycage wrote:Genuine isn't a manufacturer, they're a distributor. There's no large stockpile of bikes in a mythically huge warehouse.
How long would it take to build and stock a mythically huge warehouse? I mean, it looks like they could use one this year.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BlueMark wrote:
Lostmycage wrote:Genuine isn't a manufacturer, they're a distributor. There's no large stockpile of bikes in a mythically huge warehouse.
How long would it take to build and stock a mythically huge warehouse? I mean, it looks like they could use one this year.
Probably about as long as it would take for gas prices to go down and the economy to tank again.
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

TVB wrote:
Lostmycage wrote:It's not like the 220i Blur is sold out everywhere. My local shop has sold a few and still has one or two on the floor ready for the late Spring rush. They're just sitting there, looking sexy.
That gives me a thought: maybe your dealer could work out a trade with another dealer in the region, swapping a Blur for a Stella or whatever. (I know car dealers do that sort of thing.)
that might be all fine and dandy if the dealers own the scooters outright
but if they got them on credit type deal then the paper work will ahve to go thru ge if they got them useing a ge account

then you will have to figure in some one will have to pay for the transport of both scoots
remember car dealers are makeing and takign delivery more often then scooter shops so there is more of a chance that dealer a and dealer be are getting deliveries close to the same time so they can just swap out when the trucks come
also in some cases the manufacture still owns the cars on the car lot where the scoot shop has to buy or finance there scoots

also the same person or group will own other car dealerships thru out the region i doubt there are many scoot dealers like that

i know of people who own car lots who own 20 or 30 dealerships
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
gtmotor

Post by gtmotor »

ericalm wrote:
BlueMark wrote:
Probably about as long as it would take for gas prices to go down and the economy to tank again.
LOL

Are Blurs really rare in other parts of the country? The two Genuine dealers that I've been to in AZ still had a few of them on the showroom floor.

I got an awesome deal on mine since one of them couldn't sell it...
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

docjones wrote: I will only have one regret if I have to go out and buy a Kymco Yager 200i, that is it isn't as cool as the Blur 220i.
I think Lostmycage has an excellent point. Where is the closest dealer that has a 220 Blur right now? Cut your best deal and bring it home in a U-haul. If a Blur is what you want, go ahead.
jprestonian

Post by jprestonian »

If the buyer is close to Nashville, I bet East Side Scooters would make a good deal on the one (charcoal) they have, now. Seems very few people in Nashville really want a scooter over 150cc.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

There is no scooter like the Blur. The big boys (250, 300) may be faster in a straight line or top speed, but I doubt very much that they handle as well as the Blur, which may well be quicker from point A to B. This is not to say that one has to ride the Blur in an irresponsible way, I regularly have a ball on mine riding quite sedately (but leaning it way over when I need to) :twisted:
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Ha, I think this is the most I've ever been quoted in a single topic!
jmkjr72 wrote:
TVB wrote:
that might be all fine and dandy if the dealers own the scooters outright
but if they got them on credit type deal then the paper work will ahve to go thru ge if they got them useing a ge account

then you will have to figure in some one will have to pay for the transport of both scoots
remember car dealers are makeing and takign delivery more often then scooter shops so there is more of a chance that dealer a and dealer be are getting deliveries close to the same time so they can just swap out when the trucks come
also in some cases the manufacture still owns the cars on the car lot where the scoot shop has to buy or finance there scoots

also the same person or group will own other car dealerships thru out the region i doubt there are many scoot dealers like that

i know of people who own car lots who own 20 or 30 dealerships
This is very true. If you want to buy a scoot from another dealer, you'll probably have to do the leg work.

If your local shop is going to be doing the maintenance work, they might help you in locating one. They might even help you get it home, if you offer to pay fuel and a tip/fee, maybe? There's also motorcycle shipping companies that can help you get one home.

The Blur's definitely a slick scoot. I wish mine had been a 220. It also looks a ton better than the Rockbiter Jager.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Lostmycage wrote:Ha, I think this is the most I've ever been quoted in a single topic!
Maybe.
docjones

Post by docjones »

So now the local dealer only wants $3199.00 for a new 2010 Yager and that's out the door, plus tax, tag, and title. No add on fees like he will do for a Blur. If the Yager came in white I'd already be driving one. Always liked that color or the lack there of. I already have a Kymco and it has given me over 10,660km of trouble feel kilometers, honestly I don't know what is holding me back. If the damn Blur wasn't so cool I wouldn't have to make this decision. I'm 55 years young and shouldn't have to make choices based on cool, should I?
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

You want the Blur ss220i. As others have said, it may not be as straight-line fast, but on a tight, twisty road, it'll hang with damn near anything out there. If Ohlins made a suspension for it, I'd maybe even consider racing it.

And I just happen to have a gently-used ss220i for sale....
docjones

Post by docjones »

Killbilly,

To bad your in Austin and I'm in Jacksonville, Fl.
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

docjones wrote:Killbilly,

To bad your in Austin and I'm in Jacksonville, Fl.
Noted. Let me know if you change your mind or want to look into shipping. :D
docjones

Post by docjones »

So hou much you want and how many miles are on it?
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

docjones wrote:So hou much you want and how many miles are on it?
topic17876.html
docjones

Post by docjones »

Good price on a nice scoot. To bad your so far away. Shipping would add about 250 to that and then they would drop it and it wouldn't be a nice scoot anymore. You wanna meet in New Orleans?
evilscooterkitty

Post by evilscooterkitty »

I have ridden both the new Blur:
http://www.justgottascoot.com/blur2010.htm
and the Yager:
http://www.justgottascoot.com/yager.htm
and own a Blur 150:
http://www.justgottascoot.com/blur.htm

No other scooter in the marketplace handles like a Blur. The Kymco Yager is an excellent machine, but if you want something "sporty" the Blur is the one. If you're looking for good transportation, the Yager would be just fine.
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

docjones wrote:Good price on a nice scoot. To bad your so far away. Shipping would add about 250 to that and then they would drop it and it wouldn't be a nice scoot anymore. You wanna meet in New Orleans?
I think shipping properly on a pallet would be more than $250.

As for meeting in N.O. - thanks, but no. I'll try and get it sold locally.

I've decided I don't like the way the paint looks on the hugger and may pull it and re-paint it.
docjones

Post by docjones »

I understand. I did like mods you have done to the Blur, would like to see more pics when you are done.