questions for all the Blur folk

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tam Tam

questions for all the Blur folk

Post by Tam Tam »

Howdy, Blur folk!

I have been looking at a Blur, and have test ridden one as well. Am also looking into KillBilly's Blur for purchase. So...two questions, please

One - is the Genuine warranty transferable from owner to owner?

and Two - has anyone ridden two up on their Blur? is it good? spooky? hard/wierd to handle? I had a 2006 Buddy 125 and have ridden two up on that before, so I have a wee experience at it.

Any advice/anecdotes/stories most welcome/appreciated! Thanks
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

buy it! now that is out of the way ... someone else needs to answer concerning warranty.

2-up is no problem for the blur ... especially 220si. like anything on 2 wheels, it is a help to the driver if the rider pays attention to what is happening and leans with you ... not against. otherwise, yes, it can be spooky.

i just looked through my 2006 blur manual and can't find a weight limit. your body size and that of the passenger will determine how comfy you'll be riding 2-up. i'm 6'1" @ 200 lbs and my wife is 5'7" at 130 lbs and the blur has no trouble whatsoever hauling us around up to about 55 mph or so. Going up long or steep hills can be an issue with the cvt, sometimes even with 1 rider, but only when you are riding 'wide open'... with a slight loss of top end speed until the apex or a lesser incline. that would be a lesser issue with the more powerful 220.

the seat has enough padding for comfortable normal cruising, thought it would not be great for super-long trips. my wife and i rode 2-up for 3 years on the blur and it was fine ... but now we have a bigger scooter for that (this happens when you get older and like more padding on the seat and a softer suspension). if you are 45 or under, then go for it. if older and/or weightier, you might want a bigger ride.
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

I turn 45 this year, Blaine. Are you saying a Blur will make my butt look fat?
Mighty Ohio Scooter Club

blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

Steve, your butt might look fat on a Buddy, but not on a Blur ... and then you'd feel better about making posts on Blur discussions :shock:

BTW - I think you would look very fast on a 220si!
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Genuine warranty applies to the original owner only. It's their weakest link and their lamest. There's really no call for that at this point. Their products are of the caliber that they'll stand up to most major defects for at the very least the factory two year period. Their resale value would skyrocket if they were to extend that warranty to a transferable status.

If they want to keep competitive, they should rethink their current warranty practices.

Don't get me wrong. If you purchase a Genuine bike brand new, you'll have second to none warranty coverage. My qualm is that by not offering a transferable warranty, they discredit their excellent line of scoots. The ironic part is that the majority of Buddies never get submitted for warranty repairs.

Now, riding two up on a Blur... it's completely possible and not terribly uncomfortable. That said, keep in mind that smaller displacement scoots are meant for single rider. The Blur has the guts and the seat room to carry a passenger, but it might border on uncomfortable or awkward. This mainly depends on the ride route and road conditions.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

Yeah, like I toldja in the PM...the warranty being non-transferrable sucks. If they would transfer the warranty and maybe ditch the roadside assistance, even that would be good.

I've not tried to ride it two-up, so I don't have any input there. The motor does have the grunt for it, and the suspension will handle it, too, I think.
Tam Tam

Thanks for the advice

Post by Tam Tam »

Thanks everyone for the advice and info...the blur is a most powerful machine
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Two-up is fine, just takes a little practice 8)
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
Tam Tam

Thank you, Blur Folk

Post by Tam Tam »

Thank you, everyone for your advice and counsel.

The Blur is impressive and fun to ride, but in the end...

I chose a red Stella 2T. It wasn't a case of "Chocolate cake or vanilla cake?", but more like, "Ice cream Sundae or Hershey Bar?" - both very different but also very good!!!
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

I guess that technically, you could pick two scoots that were as different as your choices, but it wouldn't be easy!

Congrats anyway - Ride safe!
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com