Naming your Scooter

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScooterLou

Post by ScooterLou »

My little BlackJack goes by PeeWee.
DirtyRAT

Post by DirtyRAT »

alienmeatsack wrote:I'm still trying to decide... the name Bamboo keeps coming up in my head.

I read somewhere that bamboo is India's "green gold". And since Stella was made in india and she's avocado (or bamboo) green.

Usually when I am naming something or a dog or cat, once I get a name stuck in my head, I end up using it.

And I am ready for a name to stick. Anyone think I am crazy? Wait, don't answer that :D
Great name! Keep it! 'Bamboo!' - say it like a guy in a Bollywood movie!

Or, go find the song by Southern Culture on the Skids: House of Bamboo
Last edited by DirtyRAT on Thu May 05, 2011 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Shadowfaxi

Post by Shadowfaxi »

Because of my innate nerdiness, I named my white buddy after Gandalf's horse in Lord of the Rings, hence my username: Shadowfax.

My wife refuses to conform to my nerd-dom and calls him Buddy. No matter, Shadowfax is my loyal steed and Lord of Scooters (no offense to your scooter).
Show me the meaning of haste!
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

My scooter just got a name change, and my new scooter has found a name.
I am a big G.I. Joe geek, so my scooters shall be henceforth know as:

Tomax (toe-max) and Xemot (zey-mot)

I wanted to name them after Joe characthers but since they are the same scoot, and they are both "Rattlers" I figured the Cobra twins fit quite nicely.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

I've decided my 4T Stella's name is Revenge.
less like a person. more like a ship.
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
TVB

Post by TVB »

Shadowfaxi wrote:Because of my innate nerdiness, I named my white buddy after Gandalf's horse in Lord of the Rings, hence my username: Shadowfax.
:+!:

If I had been in that frame of mind naming mine, he'd be Bill. :)
Smiley13

09 Rattler

Post by Smiley13 »

My 09 Rattler Buck Ten 110 is named "Sugga" Because she is silver and black. Sexy Sweet 8)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Guess I'll need a new name for my next Stella. Fury was so awesome; she was taken from me far too soon… sniff…
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

ericalm wrote:Guess I'll need a new name for my next Stella. Fury was so awesome; she was taken from me far too soon… sniff…
Well, when you get a new one perhaps Fawkes? (Hope I spelled that right). I am partial to Harry Potter and Dumbledore's phoenix who rose from the ashes was named Fawkes.It will probably work best with either red or orange bike
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Stormswift wrote:
ericalm wrote:Guess I'll need a new name for my next Stella. Fury was so awesome; she was taken from me far too soon… sniff…
Well, when you get a new one perhaps Fawkes? (Hope I spelled that right). I am partial to Harry Potter and Dumbledore's phoenix who rose from the ashes was named Fawkes.It will probably work best with either red or orange bike
Ha, might be more appropriate if someone resurrects the salvaged Stella. There's a very good chance it's going to be used to develop performance parts, which I love!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Shadowfaxi

Post by Shadowfaxi »

TVB wrote:
Shadowfaxi wrote:Because of my innate nerdiness, I named my white buddy after Gandalf's horse in Lord of the Rings, hence my username: Shadowfax.
:+!:

If I had been in that frame of mind naming mine, he'd be Bill. :)
YES! Could be a nickname? Short and sweet but holds so much character. Maybe your next scooter ;)
Show me the meaning of haste!
DirtyRAT

Post by DirtyRAT »

Stormswift wrote:
I second the name 'Fawkes', especially if you introduce the scoot's name in a nasal, upper class British accent.
Image Image
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

DirtyRAT wrote:
Stormswift wrote:
I second the name 'Fawkes', especially if you introduce the scoot's name in a nasal, upper class British accent.
I'm not enough of a Potter fan. If I named it Fawkes, it'd be after this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes

"Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot..."
Jamee5564

Naming your scooter

Post by Jamee5564 »

I have a pink buddy 50. It's name is Pinky.
gtmotor

Post by gtmotor »

I call my Zuma 50 the Legendary Black Beast of Aaaarrrgghhh.
Shox

ORANGE BUDDY NAME

Post by Shox »

I just named my orange buddy (see photos of orange buddy with purple/green custom flames)... JULIUS. As in, Orange Julius (delish!) and as in Julius Caesar (worldly ass kicker of yesteryear)... EITHER WAY, it's fun and AWESOME. :lol:
DirtyRAT

Post by DirtyRAT »

paikkylee wrote:All good my friend. I'm thinking some possible names for your avacado and my seafoam are:

Grandmas Kitchen (or just grandma)
Raging booger (who can really take a 50 that seriously)
DirtyRAT wrote:I have *yet* to name my Avocado Stella 4T. A few ideas I have:

- Snotgoblin
- Guacamole
- Sigmund (the SeaMonster)
- Kermit (it's not easy, being green...)
- Gumby
- Pernod (similar name suggested Here
- <insert your suggestion here>
It's been decided: Snotgoblin, FTW
Image Image
DirtyRAT

Post by DirtyRAT »

ericalm wrote:
DirtyRAT wrote:
Stormswift wrote:Well, when you get a new one perhaps Fawkes? (Hope I spelled that right). I am partial to Harry Potter and Dumbledore's phoenix who rose from the ashes was named Fawkes.It will probably work best with either red or orange bike

Now that you have that new, red Stella, will you name it and update your profile? Or are you still in mourning over Fury? :(

I have a little red Dell xps 1350 laptop I named 'habenero-Win7', since the damned thing is small but kicks butt. It can push a 1080p video signal to and HD LCD tv without any stuttering/glitches, and is still small/light enough to haul around in my messenger bag while on the Stella.

I can play most video games I enjoy on it, as well. Certainly not as well as the 15" MacBook Pro gathering dust on my desk, however.

In any event, keep us updated on the new scoot.
Image Image
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

DirtyRAT wrote:Now that you have that new, red Stella, will you name it and update your profile? Or are you still in mourning over Fury? :(
I'll name it at some point… Nothing's come to me yet. :)
tc8105

Post by tc8105 »

Well I just purchased my White Buddy 125. Haven't really given it thought yet on her name. I got a few months to think of one b4 I get to her. If not I'm sure as soon as I go for my 1st ride I'll know!
Fargo Rollin

Post by Fargo Rollin »

For my orange Buddy I'm thinking... PePe or El Tigre
moriahskies

Duncan

Post by moriahskies »

I've named my st. tropez Duncan after Isadora Duncan, a dancer (I was a dancer). I like the preppiness of it too. Over the next few months, I'm going to customize it with all the add-ons. I'm going to add some argyle stripes from here:

http://www.powersportswraps.com/motorsp ... rgyle-blue

I'll post some pics when I finally do it.

@wifiducky awesome citizen kane reference! especially since it was unintentional.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

ericalm wrote:
DirtyRAT wrote:
Stormswift wrote:Well, when you get a new one perhaps Fawkes? (Hope I spelled that right). I am partial to Harry Potter and Dumbledore's phoenix who rose from the ashes was named Fawkes.It will probably work best with either red or orange bike

Oh yes, I know the phoenix in HP was named after the dude who tried to blow up British parliament

Many years ago when we were in Great Britain we went to Madam Tusaut?sp wax figure museum and my mom snapped a picture of me "offering" a lighter to the wax figure of Guy Fawkes.
I am not a scooter snob.
zilla86

Post by zilla86 »

Sheba it is :) as in Queen of Sheba

It just came to me while riding today and stuck in my head lol
Ressikan

Post by Ressikan »

My Pamplona's name is Pepper. They're both red, also, could be named after Pepper Pots, the redheaded secretary from Iron Man comics and movies.

Of course, my green Honda Civic is The Green Hornet.
"You haven't lived until you ride."

"Everything is better with bacon."

rod070574

Post by rod070574 »

My St Tropez is named Sacha (sa-sha). Just bought it this spring but already feel like I couldn't live without it.
Mtlgrlie

Post by Mtlgrlie »

My BlackJack is Lola....

I think my partner is leaning towards Tramp for her Pamp!

So.....Tramp and Lola......I like the sound of it!
gunsntexas

Post by gunsntexas »

I named mine Nigel. He's oxford green (British racing green if you ask me, or him). And Nigel seems to be the most British sounding man's name that I could come up with.
No, my scooter isn't Italian, but my Beretta is...
TVB

Post by TVB »

gunsntexas wrote:I named mine Nigel. He's oxford green (British racing green if you ask me, or him). And Nigel seems to be the most British sounding man's name that I could come up with.
Sounds right. I believe it's actually illegal to name your son "Nigel" in Texas. :)
batgirl101

Post by batgirl101 »

the first time i saw mine, Max came to mind--so i guess my little guy named himself.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

batgirl101 wrote:the first time i saw mine, Max came to mind--so i guess my little guy named himself.
Maybe I've seen too many window stickers on the back of various Ford, GMC, Chevy trucks, but until you get your 'leaks' fixed, maybe it should be named 'Calvin'. :D :D :D :D [just kiddin' with ya]
goddessofmath

Post by goddessofmath »

I've been struggling to name my Buddy. I've enlisted my friends' help and told them I'd like it to be a reference to something I love like comics (I collect mostly X-Men comics, so I thought maybe a blue hero), Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or Disney (huge Disney fanatic).

I thought maybe "Bamf!" because Nightcrawler is blue & that's the sound me makes when he teleports, but they all say I don't go fast enough for that. My sister said "Smurfette" which I really liked since I loved the Smurfs as a child. Other suggestions were Nimbus125, Precious, Kurt (Nightcrawler reference), Wingardium Leviosa (with Eva being short for that), or Merryweather.

However, at dinner on Saturday a good friend came up with the best one yet: Voldemort, so I could call it "The Scooter Which Must Not Be Named" - brings in Harry Potter and my inability to choose a name! Hehe. Trying that name out for now. I kinda like it. ;-)
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

goddessofmath wrote:I've been struggling to name my Buddy. I've enlisted my friends' help and told them I'd like it to be a reference to something I love like comics (I collect mostly X-Men comics, so I thought maybe a blue hero), Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or Disney (huge Disney fanatic).

I thought maybe "Bamf!" because Nightcrawler is blue & that's the sound me makes when he teleports, but they all say I don't go fast enough for that. My sister said "Smurfette" which I really liked since I loved the Smurfs as a child. Other suggestions were Nimbus125, Precious, Kurt (Nightcrawler reference), Wingardium Leviosa (with Eva being short for that), or Merryweather.

However, at dinner on Saturday a good friend came up with the best one yet: Voldemort, so I could call it "The Scooter Which Must Not Be Named" - brings in Harry Potter and my inability to choose a name! Hehe. Trying that name out for now. I kinda like it. ;-)
:rofl: . Just remember, "Dobby" is already taken :wink:
I am not a scooter snob.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Drake (for Bobby Drake, not exactly blue blue but ice blue)
Mystique
Beast/Henry/Hank (maybe too furry)
Archangel
EVA (Fantomex!)
U-Go-Girl? (Never an X-Man, but she was blue!)

Huh. Not as many blue X-Members as I'd thought.
jonlink

Post by jonlink »

I don't know, I think I'll call my 170i Kamechan. Kame is turtle in Japanese, and san is just a familiar suffix for kids.
Blackshirt

Post by Blackshirt »

My Stella hasn't told me her name yet. I'm waiting patiently.
Rail 50

Post by Rail 50 »

when I get the black stripes it will look more realistic...it's my Short Bus :nerd:
The Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about.

goddessofmath

Post by goddessofmath »

@ericalm Excellent suggestions! The EVA one rocks bc it already goes with some of the stuff I'd been tossing around! :D

@Stormswift Hehe. Dobby kinda annoyed me, so I'm all good without that one. ;-)
TVB

Post by TVB »

goddessofmath wrote:I thought maybe "Bamf!" because Nightcrawler is blue & that's the sound me makes when he teleports, but they all say I don't go fast enough for that.
If my 50cc scooter "Flash" had a tongue, he would stick it out these people. :P
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

I named my first scooter, a 2007 burnt orange Buddy 125 (after 4 days of ownership). The next day after I named it stopped running and the scooter shop could not fix it. So they asked me to pick another Buddy from the show room floor. I never named another scooter since.
Last edited by iMoses on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akaipaps

Post by Akaipaps »

I named my first scooter, a 2007 burnt orange Buddy 125 (after 4 days of ownership). The next day after I named it stopped running and the scooter shop could not fix it. So asked me to pick another Buddy from the show room floor. I never named another scooter since.
I think your Buddy didn't like the name you gave him. Shoulda apologized! :lol:
TVB

Post by TVB »

iMoses wrote:I named my first scooter, a 2007 burnt orange Buddy 125 (after 4 days of ownership). The next day after I named it stopped running and the scooter shop could not fix it. So asked me to pick another Buddy from the show room floor. I never named another scooter since.
Several years ago I set up a little aquarium, and stocked it with two goldfish, for whom I selected very clever names which went together. One died, so I replaced him with another fish, named with an equally clever name which coordinated with the surviving fish's name. Which died, and was replaced. Then the other one died, so I replaced him, and so on, each time selecting a new name. But I got tired of the name-picking game, and eventually had just a single fish with no name. Which lived for almost four years.
whelmsworth

Post by whelmsworth »

Mike bike is named Betsy. I've always named my cars and bikes girls names. Prolly cause my grandfather named all his planes girls names. But, the next one will be "SCUD". I'm known for doing really dumb things on bikes and tumbling out of control. Followed by a hospital visit, the iodine pad scrubbing and the booty skin graft.
Cardinal Willis Helmsly III
Dominus ominum, homo erectus, duckbill Platypus,
Amen....
goddessofmath

Post by goddessofmath »

Looks like VoldeScoot is gonna stick for mine. Getting a Deathly Hallows symbol decal for the front. :)
Keys

Post by Keys »

Don't matter WHAT I call my scooters...they STILL won't come when I call...

--Keys
"Life without music would Bb"
DubSea Scoots

Post by DubSea Scoots »

I just purchased my well-loved Buddy - she came with a name: Wednesday.

It's quite fitting because I got her on a Wednesday, too. We'll see if she gets a name change after I ride her a bit...
Blackshirt

Post by Blackshirt »

Blackshirt wrote:My Stella hasn't told me her name yet. I'm waiting patiently.
I took her clothes off (debadged her) and she told me her name. Just like a girl I knew in college. So I went with the same name.

Of course, wifey has no knowledge of that story. :lol:
Soylent Green

Post by Soylent Green »

My profile might be self-explanatory here, but the story is I was showing my new ride to my sisters and of course they asked for its name. "Soylent Green" was the first thing that came to mind, so I said it and added "too bad I didn't get a People scooter, eh?"

Of course I didn't mean it because the Buddy is what stole my heart. But it would've made a REALLY great joke :)
chickenslut

Post by chickenslut »

My Cobalt Blu ET4 was named 'Blue Steel' after Zoolander.

For my Buddy, I'll likely get it in black and do some sort of Decepticons theme. Not 100% sure yet, but seems like it would fit with the curves of a Buddy.

Thinking Shockwave would be good. Reason being it has one 1 laser eye and the Buddy has just the headlight. Also the black color is rather fitting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shockwave_ ... ansformers
DirtyRAT

Post by DirtyRAT »

Resurrecting old threads is not my preference, but some do not deserve to die.

My recent Stella 2T 'Atomic Fireball' purchase is almost surely named 'Habanero', unless a more suitable name is submitted for consideration!

Trite or kitschy names such as 'Diablo', 'Hot Stuff', 'D'evil', and whatnot I chose to avoid.

Suggestions welcome, unless they contain 'I don't name my scooter' or related griefing.

Image Image