Givi Top Box

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KCScooterDude

Givi Top Box

Post by KCScooterDude »

Thinking of getting a Givi E55 Maxia and putting it on my Blur. Anyone think it might be too big? I have a Blur rack from genuine with a Givi mounting plate installed. I use it with a 30 liter Monolock case, and off hand I don't know if it uses the same plate as the Monokey. Thinking of a brake light kit for the box too. Anyone have advice?
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

The two mounting plates are different, so you'd have to get the mounting plate to go with it. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but to me, that would be way too big. If you want to have interchangeability, stick with the mounting system that you already have. Those kits are expensive from Givi.

If you're not set on Givi, check out Shad's 40L case. It's narrower and might not look like you've got a UFO chasing you like the Givi 55L. I think Givi has a 37L (or so) case that might work with your mounting plate and it's a narrower case that would work with the Blur's skinny rear end.

If you're set on the Givi 55L, go for it. It's a very well made case.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

agreed that it is a well made case, but that is gonna look BIG..But hey, its your scoot. If you want it, get it...Are you sure you want that much on there? remember the weight limits of the rack ,too. Maybe a smaller givi piece?