EYEWEAR: 3 Pack Cycle Glasses

Product reviews. Read-Only.

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScootLemont

EYEWEAR: 3 Pack Cycle Glasses

Post by ScootLemont »

Bang for the buck!
I wanted / needed some cycle specific glasses because I wear contacts and the wind blowing around my regular sunglasses was causing some problems.
I really didnt want to spend a lot as I tend to loose sunglasses.
After searching the net & finding cycle glasses ranging from $10 to over $200 I decided this deal was too go not to try.
Three pair for $29.99 ($37.20 after shipping)
Includes smoke, clear & yellow (i really like the yellow at night)
There is not a "brand" on them.

I am very pleased with these - they keep the wind out of my eyes, fit comfortably around my face & I like the look.

They seem pretty well made - I have had them a couple weeks, yesterday I dropped a pair out of the pet carrier & on my dad's driveway. I thought I had lost them. Today (after storms last night & today) I was back at my parents' house & there they were - a little windex & they were good as new - not a scratch.
I got them from Amazon & I am very pleased with them (especailly for the price) So if you are looking for some cheap glasses, I reccomend these.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GD8VWU
Last edited by ScootLemont on Sat May 31, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Thanks for the review!
I've had a couple brand name pairs of goggles and, in all honesty, the plastic ones in the $30-$40 range are probably no better or different than a lot of lower-priced ones. They tend to wear and fall apart pretty easily. The foam padding wears out, the "interchangable" lenses are often a pain to swap. I suffered through a couple lousy pairs until I got a 3/4 helmet with a shield (and now have a modular).
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Update
I have had them for about 3 months now & still happy with them & they are still holding up very well.
I havent been wearing the clear ones - I use the yellow at night & the smoke during the day.
I assume I will put the clear ones to use once I break, scratch, loose the yellow ones.
beastmaster

Post by beastmaster »

just ordered mine...3 PAIRS: PADDED MOTORCYCLE RIDING GLASSES - DAY NIGHT DAWN DUSK SMOKED CLEAR YELLOW Shatterproof Polycarbonate Lenses Matte black frame UV400 Filter for Maximum UV Protection Scratch Resistant Coating Soft Touch Frame Rubber Ear Pads
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FBV8ZW

cant wait! last ones!!
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;