Stella 4 stroke... COLOR

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

supermach

Stella 4 stroke... COLOR

Post by supermach »

Ok now I am goin to buy next week a stella 4 stroke. I bean thinking about this ALOUT but the one thing I don't know it what color to get. Now here is were I stand.

It's either Cream white or Red... :?:

Now the Cream white I like ALOUT because it has the old 80's look to it without looking modern because of the cream white and the tan seat and grips + they have it in stock 30 miles from were I live.

Now the Red I like this because it looks nice... But that's really is and also they don't have it in stock I have to wait tell the guy sells the other 2 he has and because this is NJ who knows when that maybe LoL.

But I this whated to send this out to ask witch color do you guys like the best and were do you stand because me I am thinking about the white.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Why would you have to wait until the dealer sells the two non-red Stellas? Put some money down and have the dealer place an order!
DirtyRAT

Post by DirtyRAT »

I thought alot about color choices on my Stella, and liked the red.

What I liked more was the green w/brown grips/seat option that reminded me of a Land Rover or something. I went with Avocado.
Image Image
Lovelandstella

"colour"

Post by Lovelandstella »

I really like ALL the new stella colors - yes even the mustard is growing on me
it seems they all look great with the tan seat and grips - just so cool to me

I ended up choosing the red for Visibility. it looks good AND it's easy to see at day and dusk and dawn and all my reflective gear makes me easy to see at night. :D

is it obvious I've been hit before?
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
supermach

Post by supermach »

PeteH wrote:Why would you have to wait until the dealer sells the two non-red Stellas? Put some money down and have the dealer place an order!
Because he has to buy 2 at a time.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Why then he'd only need to sell *one* and order two - a replacement plus yours. :D

Actually, I had never heard of a dealer needing to order in lots of two.
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

I was wondering which colors were most popular a while back and this is (though not really scientific) what was voted on.

viewtopic.php?t=17835&highlight=

I have a Creme on order, probably because it looks kinda' vintage and I had always wanted a BMW R1200C in Creme, but the Red is pretty sweet also.
".....Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us......"
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

I like em all. But I bought avocado green. Cuz I liked that the best..

Really, just look at them outside in the daylight and see which one grabs you. Think long term.

A win win really.
supermach

Post by supermach »

desmolicious wrote:I like em all. But I bought avocado green. Cuz I liked that the best..

Really, just look at them outside in the daylight and see which one grabs you. Think long term.

A win win really.
Yeah I picked one today and it's the white cream color. This because it looks REALLY 80's and I don't think that feeling is goin waying anytime soon. But i'm happy.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Good choice! Nice looking scoot and very retro.
Redcatjack

Post by Redcatjack »

Agreed - Creme is the color. They say red is faster, but you don't want a 4T for speed now do you?
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

Redcatjack wrote:... They say red is faster, but you don't want a 4T for speed now do you?
:rofl:
... I get passed by everyone.
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

Lovelandstella wrote:
Redcatjack wrote:... They say red is faster, but you don't want a 4T for speed now do you?
:rofl:
... I get passed by everyone.
:D

I love riding this bike at about 30 mph and just soaking everything in.
Even though obviously it can go faster.

Only problem in LA is finding places where it is cool to travel at 30 mph...
:wink:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I've owned both cream and red. (That's misfortune, not luck!)

The creme is much tougher to keep clean, IMHO.
But it looks SO good, in a classic sense.

The red seems to get more attention from random passerbys. By which I mean girls. ;)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
supermach

Post by supermach »

ericalm wrote:I've owned both cream and red. (That's misfortune, not luck!)

The red seems to get more attention from random passerbys. By which I mean girls. ;)
Yeah but i'm into the guys so I well get the cream then.

That's a joke so everyone knows :lol:
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

Decisions decisions decisions, I've been waiting for a crème Stella but was second in line, so when my dealer finally got some in (1 red, 1 blue & 1 cream), I missed the cut on the crème and will have to wait another 30-45 days. In the mean time I drooled over that pretty blue one for some time; that blue sure is nice.

So, I’m gonna’ let my better half take a look at the blue to see if she likes it, even though it’s my scooter she'll be my scooter-babe until she decides to gets a Buddy 50cc. But I think she’ll probably agree that the blue is nice but that I should hold out for the crème.

Nice to see we're finally beginning to get shipments around these parts.
".....Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us......"
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

ericalm wrote:I've owned both cream and red. (That's misfortune, not luck!)

The cream reminds me of an original paint vintage Vespa GL, that was the only color they came in.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

Mulliganal wrote:Decisions decisions decisions, I've been waiting for a crème Stella but was second in line, so when my dealer finally got some in (1 red, 1 blue & 1 cream), I missed the cut on the crème and will have to wait another 30-45 days. In the mean time I drooled over that pretty blue one for some time; that blue sure is nice.
If you want the cream, get it. I'd wait another 45 days instead of risking buyer's remorse.
Imagine how bad it would feel to be riding it in a different colour, then seeing the cream one ride by and wishing you had bought it...
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

desmolicious wrote:
Mulliganal wrote:Decisions decisions decisions, I've been waiting for a crème Stella but was second in line, so when my dealer finally got some in (1 red, 1 blue & 1 cream), I missed the cut on the crème and will have to wait another 30-45 days. In the mean time I drooled over that pretty blue one for some time; that blue sure is nice.
If you want the cream, get it. I'd wait another 45 days instead of risking buyer's remorse.
Imagine how bad it would feel to be riding it in a different colour, then seeing the cream one ride by and wishing you had bought it...
You're so right desmolicious, I guess it's just so nice down here that I want to be on the road, but I'd sure have buyer's remorse if that person that was one ahead of me on the pre-order list went zipping past me.

I guess I'll just keep looking at photos and checking my shopping cart at ScooterWorks in hopes that one will come in soon.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Mulliganal... I really wanted the blue one, but the dealer would never get one in. Same story..4 weeks later I "settled" on the cream white.
Make you an offer... you buy the slate blue and I'll trade ya .... think it over...
Jh
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

jimmbomb wrote:Mulliganal... I really wanted the blue one, but the dealer would never get one in. Same story..4 weeks later I "settled" on the cream white.
Make you an offer... you buy the slate blue and I'll trade ya .... think it over...
Jh
I'll tell ya', I wasn't really that interested in the blue until I had a chance to see it in person, it is a really nice blue. If my creme doesn't come in soon I may go ahead and grab it because I can see myself on the blue one also now, but I'd bet it will be gone soon if it's not already gone.
listless

honesty and regret

Post by listless »

I could have had a cream 4T from one dealer in mid March. But I held off to get a blue one from another dealer with the understanding that it would be the first week of April since they were already ordered (made a deposit to get it for sure). 2 Other dealers said they could place an order with Genuine for a blue one and get it first week of June.

It is now the second week of June and I REALLY wish I would have taken that cream one.

I know this is minimal compared to people who put their deposits down in spring 2010 and waited and waited and waited, but it is getting silly. I don't blame my dealer, but I really don't think Genuine is too honest with their dealer network about delivery schedules -- at least where the Stella is concerned.

Okay -- enough whining. Good thing is I had time to take the motorcycle safety course in the meantime and my 2 year warranty will last into my 3rd riding season with my chosen scooter.
Rail 50

color?

Post by Rail 50 »

yes even the mustard is growing on me :clap:

Mustard? Does that make the red one "ketchup?"

I'm slightly biased. and I'm saying it's "cool bus yellow"
The Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about.

neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

I can't buy a Blue one: Looks too much like my old Blue Stella :cry:

I've been waffling between the Buddy 170i and a Stella (again), and I just have *one* problem:

What the HELL happened to black!?! It's the ONLY color I wanted for the longest time, and when I bought my first Stella I couldn't afford a new one, so I settled for the used blue one. Still always lusted after the black one. Now that I am able to get one in a few months, they don't even make the freakin' color anymore!

Eh, I'll probably get the Avocado since it's the closest I can get to "British Racing" Green when I do make up my mind on which bike to finally pull the trigger on this August.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

neotrotsky wrote:I can't buy a Blue one: Looks too much like my old Blue Stella :cry:

I've been waffling between the Buddy 170i and a Stella (again), and I just have *one* problem:

What the HELL happened to black!?! It's the ONLY color I wanted for the longest time, and when I bought my first Stella I couldn't afford a new one, so I settled for the used blue one. Still always lusted after the black one. Now that I am able to get one in a few months, they don't even make the freakin' color anymore!

Eh, I'll probably get the Avocado since it's the closest I can get to "British Racing" Green when I do make up my mind on which bike to finally pull the trigger on this August.

Look for an 09 Black one.... They're still out there.. probally for less than 2500$ Good luck
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

jimmbomb wrote:
neotrotsky wrote:I can't buy a Blue one: Looks too much like my old Blue Stella :cry:

Look for an 09 Black one.... They're still out there.. probally for less than 2500$ Good luck
The thing is: I'm done with 2-stroke. I mean, it's fun as a weekend bike but it does have it's troubles and I am also planning on buying new. Before, it was no problem if my bike broke down because I had a place to tear into it and I was single. Now, I'm married and have to contend with needing multiple wheels and we have no workspace to speak of (we're in an apartment on the 2nd and 3rd stories). So, the 2 year/unlimited mileage warranty is worth the extra. I'm still on the fence on which bike to get and I have some time...

And who knows? I may end up finding a vintage Triumph Tiger that may draw me away from scooters entirely. It's the ONLY motorcycle that I would consider now that I have my sights on either a Buddy or Stella 4T. It would have to be in EXCELLENT condition and under 4 grand, but I would consider it