[NSR] The NBA Finals

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JHScoot

[NSR] The NBA Finals

Post by JHScoot »

Hi :)

Any B-Ball fans here? Isn't it great, The Finals this year? Woo-Hoo!

It was bittersweet for me, being a HUGE Laker fan myself. But hey, they deserved to lose the way they played (Gasol just went away, eh) and going up against a determined Mavs team and going to The Finals the last three seasons, well, you can't go every year!

But we have to keep the title in the West, because the West is the best! And even though former Laker Pat Riley runs the show in Miami and I likes Dwayne Wade and Bosh, that fellow from Cleveland (who shall remain nameless) just chaps my hide! "I am taking my talents to South Beach."

pfft. Big deal. 8 points in Game 4? HA!

So with the series tied 2-2 now it's the best 2 out of 3, with one more game in Dallas and at least one in Miami and possibly two. Only one thing to say now.....GO MAVS!!

Who you taking? And don't forget, Dirk > "What's His Name" any day of the week! :P
Riding is riding
laxer

Post by laxer »

I'm pulling for the Mavs. I'm also a Western Conference homer (apart from the Lakers, blech! :P ) and I'm not a big fan of all the bandwagoneers that are all of the sudden Heat fans (weren't they all Laker and Celtic fans last year?). Anyhow, go Mavs!

PS-David Stern needs to resign or get forced out, that guy's a straight-up crook.
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

I don't watch during the regular season but I'm enjoying the finals. The two games that I watched were down to the wire, good games. I don't have a horse in this race but I was kinda' pulling for the Mavs.
".....Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us......"
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

laxer wrote:I'm pulling for the Mavs. I'm also a Western Conference homer (apart from the Lakers, blech! :P ) and I'm not a big fan of all the bandwagoneers that are all of the sudden Heat fans (weren't they all Laker and Celtic fans last year?). Anyhow, go Mavs!

PS-David Stern needs to resign or get forced out, that guy's a straight-up crook.
WC "homer" here, myself. I enjoy the East on occasion, but we have enough going on in the West to keep it more then interesting. And although the 'Celts are the Lakers arch enemy I do like Peirce, Allen, Garnnet, and Rondo. And Doc Rivers, too. Much respect to those guys.

Can't say much about Stern, but I do think the NBA is a bit too PC under his care. IMO. I understand they have an image to uphold, and some things should not be said, but some are now suggesting to "wall off" the players bench from the crowd and fans using "offensive" language should be booted from arenas? Why?

Marc Jackson said the television audience needs to be "protected" and Jeff Van Gundy talked about "kids" in the stands being "vulnerable." Hey, keep 'em at home!

Anyway, end rant and go MAVS!!!
Riding is riding
zilla86

Post by zilla86 »

This is shaping up to be a great final and that's good for TV and the NBA :)

I'm a life long Laker fan and at 47 I've seen some great teams over the years.I really dont care who wins between Dallas and Miami but it would be nice to see a couple of hometown kids from California like Chandler and Kidd get a ring.

I'm glad to see the leauge cleaning things up as far as the behavior of some of the players towards the officials after a call.These players act like babies crying after every call and then showing up the refs.

It's funny watching them try to control themselves after getting away with this for so long.

I have a lot of Family in Dallas and they are calling me daily to talk about the Mavs so I guess if ya twist my arm I'll pull for them just a smidge :lol:
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

w00t another Dallas supporter. even if just a "smidge"

and yeah i agree about the players arguing calls and stuff. its mind boggling sometimes. they clearly hit a guy on the arm and then argue "you mean THATS a foul? since when!?"

try since you've been playing, including grade school lol

and the flopping? i mean idk if anything can be done about that other then making the refs more...um...observant at times. but Dwayne Wade has fooled the refs twice this series when he wasn't even touched! that is just bad officiating imo
Riding is riding
Syd

Post by Syd »

Born in MA, I am genetically designed to be a Boston * fan (go Bruins!). That alone makes me dislike any team from FL, in any sport.

Flopping? If you ask me traveling is a bigger problem than flopping. But no one will take that on - the side effects of calling traveling would destroy the game as it's played today. And the big stars that the NBA most heavily market would be hurt the most. But don't try to tell me anyone can get the ball at the top of the key and make it to the hoop without traveling. :frown:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

Go mavs! Dirk deserves a win!!! Lol
Syd

Post by Syd »

WooHoo! Mavs in 7.
beastmaster

mavs

Post by beastmaster »

woooohoo mavs in 6! up 3 - 2 now going home by by heats 7 titles
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
laxer

Post by laxer »

No matter what Dirk does do, he do it better than me and you! Dirk is the German Moses!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU6UHBYJOUw
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

I AM THE KING OF DIRK!!!!!
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
rollin thunder

Post by rollin thunder »

We love our MAV's. How bout them last nite. Dewayne WHO?
GrittyTacoman

Post by GrittyTacoman »

Go Mav's! Don't want to see Lebron's "Decision" pay off with a championship, especially not this quick!
Keys

Post by Keys »

Basketball...???

--Keys
"Life without music would Bb"
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Never could get into watching b-ball. Always seemed to be:

----->thumpa->thumpa->thumpa->thumpa->shoot->yay!
yay!<-shoot<-thumpa<-thumpa<-thumpa<-thumpa<-----
----->thumpa->thumpa->thumpa->thumpa->shoot->yay!
yay!<-shoot<-thumpa<-thumpa<-thumpa<-thumpa<-----

Probably the same reason I can't stand tennis.
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

GrittyTacoman wrote:Go Mav's! Don't want to see Lebron's "Decision" pay off with a championship, especially not this quick!
Did Lebron even play last night? I watched the game and he was no where in sight. :shock:
".....Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us......"
laxer

Post by laxer »

I asked Lebron for change for a dollar, but he only gave me 75 cents, he didn't have a fourth quarter.
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

laxer wrote:I asked Lebron for change for a dollar, but he only gave me 75 cents, he didn't have a fourth quarter.
OUUUUUUCHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
laxer

Post by laxer »

Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

laxer wrote:Why the Miami Heat aren't great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OunWJ1fD ... r_embedded
That was a funny-ass clip. He kinda tailed out cause he ran out of good material. Very funny.
laxer

Post by laxer »

LetySalinas

Post by LetySalinas »

An Amber Alert has been issued for LeBron James. He is 26 years old and described as tall and African American. He disappeared during the 4th quarter of tonight's NBA Championship. It's the 5th straight time he has disappeared during the 4th quarter. If you think you have seen LeBron, please call his mother Gloria James, or her boyfriend Delonte West.
laxer

Post by laxer »

Word is that Lebron is thinking of switching to hockey, since they only play three periods.
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

laxer wrote:Why Dirk IS great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yR9KwFpCvU
GOOD ONE
zilla86

Post by zilla86 »

Wow!!!! It's gonna be War on Sunday

I expect the Heat to win game 6 but game 7 will be won by the team that flat out want's it the most.

not sure what's gong on with Bron Bron He acts like Chandler is Shaq in the middle and did not attack the rim at all last night.

If Dallas wins I'll dust off my Cowboy boots and put on my Stetson and do a little two step :lol:
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Riding is riding
Syd

Post by Syd »

:)